DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I'm going back to Brazil halfway this month, so I won't be here for the nukes LMAO.

But seriously now, though, Trump is trying to sue counties?? Republican party members are holding back people from voting?? This is the sort of bullshit I feared would happen!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    I'm going back to Brazil halfway this month, so I won't be here for the nukes LMAO.

But seriously now, though, Trump is trying to sue counties?? Republican party members are holding back people from voting?? This is the sort of bullshit I feared would happen!
    Isn't it great? We have our problems and all, but one of the best things about living in Brazil is that the other countries don't give a shit about us

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    Isn't it great? We have our problems and all, but one of the best things about living in Brazil is that the other countries don't give a shit about us
    Ayyyy LMAO. Yeah, that's true. For better... Or for worse... ._. At least we get to fight our own fights within the country without the internet watching us closely and eating popcorn!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Ayyyy LMAO. Yeah, that's true. For better... Or for worse... ._. At least we get to fight our own fights within the country without the internet watching us closely and eating popcorn!
    They'll nuke each other and we'll just awkwardly stand here... fighting over whether to call cookies biscoito or bolacha

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    They'll nuke each other and we'll just awkwardly stand here... fighting over whether to call cookies biscoito or bolacha
    Actually, though. I saw a huge fight ensue on a comments section of a video about that specific subject.

I personally don't care much what to call it. I am from Sao Paulo, but yet, I lived like, five years in Rio.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Actually, though. I saw a huge fight ensue on a comments section of a video about that specific subject.

I personally don't care much what to call it. I am from Sao Paulo, but yet, I lived like, five years in Rio.
    But we all agree it should be called biscoito
    Ooh, the great SP. It's been a while since I last went there, I'm born and raised in Manaus and it sucks big time, will probably be moving to Rio at some point

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    But we all agree it should be called biscoito
    Ooh, the great SP. It's been a while since I last went there, I'm born and raised in Manaus and it sucks big time, will probably be moving to Rio at some point
    True, it is the other languages' actual name for cookies.

I actually wonder where did bolacha even come from. LOL It's not on the other romance languages' vocab.

And ooh, so you're from way up North? Wow, that's pretty cool. I've never been past Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, and more specifically the city of Sao Paulo, the city of Rio de Janeiro, and the smaller cities surrounding Sao Paulo, like Indaiatuba and Campinas, where my mother's family's from.

And Rio is cool, only warning I tell you is to watch out where you step, because no one picks up after no one there, the poop-per-square-meter count's pretty high. (LOL)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    True, it is the other languages' actual name for cookies.

I actually wonder where did bolacha even come from. LOL It's not on the other romance languages' vocab.

And ooh, so you're from way up North? Wow, that's pretty cool. I've never been past Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, and more specifically the city of Sao Paulo, the city of Rio de Janeiro, and the smaller cities surrounding Sao Paulo, like Indaiatuba and Campinas, where my mother's family's from.

And Rio is cool, only warning I tell you is to watch out where you step, because no one picks up after no one there, the poop-per-square-meter count's pretty high. (LOL)
    Right? It's an awful word too, sounds weird. Like 'bergamota' for tangerine, who even came up with that word

I've been to quite a few states and cities, my favorite was a smaller town in SP, I don't remember the name, I think it was Socorro? On our way there from Guarulhos there was an awful lot of capybaras crossing the street, I thought it was hilarious!

It's alright, my husband was born there and I'm counting on him to not lead me into a warzone or something, haha
    I tend to wander and get lost very often, it would be really bad if I accidentally entered a favela

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Right? It's an awful word too, sounds weird. Like 'bergamota' for tangerine, who even came up with that word

I've been to quite a few states and cities, my favorite was a smaller town in SP, I don't remember the name, I think it was Socorro? On our way there from Guarulhos there was an awful lot of capybaras crossing the street, I thought it was hilarious!

It's alright, my husband was born there and I'm counting on him to not lead me into a warzone or something, haha
    I tend to wander and get lost very often, it would be really bad if I accidentally entered a favela
    IKR? It just sounds like an insult.

LOL wow, that sounds like the stories my father used to tell about where he lived when he grew up, but he's from Minas. Well, he's Chilean, but his family moved to Formiga, so yeah, really small town, smaller yet when he was growing up, and they had some events with capybaras and sucuris and even a panther at a certain point??

And I mean, well, Rio... Mostly you can tell where the favelas are. They are very contrasting with the city structure. But there are some areas, like on the downtown, where it's more difficult to discern. I am trying to remember the area where we lived that had a hill right behind us, like right behind the building we lived on, and that was like, an older favela, with more structured houses... Also, the drug selling points are quite spread, although if you ignore them they ignore you, ya know?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    IKR? It just sounds like an insult.

LOL wow, that sounds like the stories my father used to tell about where he lived when he grew up, but he's from Minas. Well, he's Chilean, but his family moved to Formiga, so yeah, really small town, smaller yet when he was growing up, and they had some events with capybaras and sucuris and even a panther at a certain point??

And I mean, well, Rio... Mostly you can tell where the favelas are. They are very contrasting with the city structure. But there are some areas, like on the downtown, where it's more difficult to discern. I am trying to remember the area where we lived that had a hill right behind us, like right behind the building we lived on, and that was like, an older favela, with more structured houses... Also, the drug selling points are quite spread, although if you ignore them they ignore you, ya know?
    Ohh, were you born in Brazil? Your family seems to be all over the place!
    Wtf, a panther?? That's so unfair tho, the older generation used to have fun with wild animals and dangerous stuff, while we couldn't even play after dark. My father had a pet jaguatirica (Charlie) that wasn't very tame, she used to chase the neighborhood kids and scratch the shit out of them, my grandparents thought it was funny.

Ooh, I only went to Rio once when I was 5, so I'm not very familiar to how things are over there, I'm aware this "to be considered a citizen of Rio you must go through a rite of passage which involves getting shot 5 times in a year" thing is blown out of proportion by the media, but yeeeah it's always good not to mess with people that own guns.
    My hubby's family lives in Recreio, it looks pretty chill compared to Copacabana and the likes.