I just need to rant/vent for a minute. I work IT in a medical office. I handle our EMR (basically the software that produces & contains the patient's electronic chart) and doctors drive me fucking CRAZY.

In some ways it is a rewarding job. With secretaries, nurses, and even most mid-levels (NPs/PAs) I will fix an issue and get a thank you. They call in and immediately ask how I'm doing. They are nice people (mostly.)

With doctors it's a whole other fucking story. I answer the phone and immediately they roll into a thousand-mile-an-hour speech about how *something* is broken, I need to fix it, and now. Most don't even tell me their name but luckily I've got most of their voices memorized by now. They always expect you to drop everything and come see their issue even if it's something I could fix in 5 seconds over the phone. But they don't have time for that.

Well, sorry, but 3 people (out of 9 total) in my department are out sick today! This is a clinic with almost 100 providers! I am only one damn person!

I got yelled at so many times today over shit I CANNOT CONTROL. Like, fucking I am sorry that our EMR won't let you verify labs without it automatically generating a note (why does it even matter?!?!?!) but I didn't code this shit and I can't change it!

TL;DR - I work IT in healthcare and doctors are DICKS.