Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My main just got iced. Do I quit, and if so how?

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    18d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

My main just got iced. Do I quit, and if so how?

I use Neopets as a coping mechanism for trauma and stress, and after I got rejected by six jobs in a row and replaced in another, I tried to log in to feel better for a second.

I found out I was frozen. I had a Premium membership, thirteen million in the bank, almost two rows of trophies, an RW dreamie (which was bought, I admit it), and three other pets I was emotionally attached to. I had almost 250 avatars for the first time in my life. I worked my butt off for that account.

I spent over $100 in premium and NC, which is a lot considering it's been over the course of six months.

I'm absolutely heartbroken. Do I quit, or do I rebuild? How would one quit? How should I rebuild? I'm literally in tears over virtual pets right now. Maybe recommend other pet sites I might enjoy? I already play Subeta kind of.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    28d 19h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Gosh I'm so so sorry I remember I was soo devastated when I got frozen.

Maybe if you want to quit neo, you could join Leopets? It's like a smaller, imitation of the old-neo community. Right now they're having some issues though, the owner is kinda MIA... But maybe once she comes back and things get running again, you could?

Again I'm really sorry, I know how much it sucks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pumpkin For This Useful Post:

Raposa (10-25-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    one of my accounts just got frozen too, $300+ worth in pets down the drain. Storage account that never went on the PC - hadn't touched it in a month+ suddenly frozen and no pets removed.

I have no idea what on earth Jumpstart is doing, so many people have been iced over the last month it seems like they just want to kill off any remaining community and allow the site to pewter out. Daily news is barely anything longer than two or three sections, new colours are mostly dull. All boards are slow and barely get past 13 pages.

It feels like I'm watching the end of neopets and literally waiting to get iced.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suicune For This Useful Post:

Patches (10-25-2016),Raposa (10-25-2016),Sakuras (10-26-2016)

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    18d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links) I just checked and found out my DN Darigan Draik, who I hatched and painted myself was gone??? Why was something so low-tier missing? ;-;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    If you're into Dragons, Flight Rising has a bustling community, and a lot of fun stuff to do. Dragon breeding projects are a good way to waste months of time haha. I personally mostly gave up neopets to play Flight Rising.

Have you tried sending in a ticket or are you set on quitting? :/ Sucks this happened to you I know how rough it can be to suddenly have all that work lost.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Raposa (10-25-2016)

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    18d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffryHawk View Post
    If you're into Dragons, Flight Rising has a bustling community, and a lot of fun stuff to do. Dragon breeding projects are a good way to waste months of time haha. I personally mostly gave up neopets to play Flight Rising.

Have you tried sending in a ticket or are you set on quitting? :/ Sucks this happened to you I know how rough it can be to suddenly have all that work lost.
    I might send in a ticket, but I don't know if they'll believe me. I spent all of yesterday doing the same exact thing, so they probably thought I was running a bot or something. IDK.

I've considered FR, actually! The premise seems confusing, though. Might try it anyway.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I just checked and found out my DN Darigan Draik, who I hatched and painted myself was gone??? Why was something so low-tier missing? ;-;
    If your pet is missing off of your account, it's entirely possible that someone could've gotten on and self-iced. :/ Is it on a different account?
    I'm very sorry to hear about your account.
    i love luna

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Sorry to hear that man! If you want I can donate a Faerie and Royal paintbrush (from an inactive) to your rebuild cause! + give you the next inactive accoutn I crack to use as a temporary main!

I also have some VWN painted pets I would be happy to share with you!! Sorry for this loss x100
    Last edited by Cupcake Leech; 10-25-2016 at 05:12 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cupcake Leech For This Useful Post:

pumpkin (10-25-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Sorry to hear that. I'd definately send a ticket with as much info as you can pleading your innocence, hopefully you know all the original details. Good luck!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    If you do create a new account or decide to make a side a main, give me the UN so I can send you some monies and goodies to get you started. (And NF, of course!) Also, you have an open invite to the awesome private guild I'm in where there are lots of cool people like yourself.

Do you have any idea why you were frozen? It took me like 6 months to figure out how far TNT can be pushed before they go Srg. Buzzkill and during that time I lost my first account. Maybe you just need a fresh start.