61/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 13h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

New stamp avatar? or item?

I'm not sure where it exactly came from but it's currently on discussion in the avatar chat...

(you need an account to see links)

Badly resized, doesn't match any stamp album (at least the ones I had checked), what do you think? Also the URL used is for objects.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Polux For This Useful Post:

Daviid (10-06-2016),j03 (10-06-2016),Naked Gamer (10-06-2016),Raposa (10-07-2016)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Damn thanks for sharing! Another stamp avatar would be neat right now...

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (10-06-2016),Raposa (10-07-2016),Sakuras (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    pumped!

been waiting on new stamp avatar dreams to come true.

just waiting on a new war now hopefully Drazu's sacrifice is good enough for the neopets gods.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naked Gamer For This Useful Post:

Air (10-06-2016),Raposa (10-07-2016),Views (10-07-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    11d 10h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Apparently is an new item.. Check the URL of the image:

URL of the avatar:

In the URL of the item has the word "Items" and in URL of the avatar has the word "avatars".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hugosasso For This Useful Post:

Raposa (10-07-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I think it is a new item. The AAA avatar was never announced on the news.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by gigglez View Post
    I think it is a new item.
    It literally says "a never-before-seen Brucey B. Avatar" on the news feature page, has a URL indicative of an avatar and is designed like other avatars (with the word "collector" blinking through and it has a certain border).

That and if they were only adding items, they wouldn't need to say "stay tuned". They could have released it like they release every other restock-able item.

So yeah, no reason to suspect otherwise - it's an avatar.

Which is a shame because it's so fucking ugly. Of all the ones they could've made, they went with this debauchery. Sad!
    Last edited by Trump 2016; 10-07-2016 at 06:09 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trump 2016 For This Useful Post:

Raposa (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump 2016 View Post
    It literally says "a never-before-seen Brucey B. Avatar" on the news feature page, has a URL indicative of an avatar and is designed like other avatars (with the word "collector" blinking through and it has a certain border).

That and if they were only adding items, they wouldn't need to say "stay tuned". They could have released it like they release every other restock-able item.

Which is a shame because it's so fucking ugly. Of all the ones they could've made, they went with this debauchery. Sad!
    Dude they don't make much from neopets what do you expect? Obviously to much.

Expecting to much from anything is not a good trait i feel to many players expect to much and have to higher standards from neopets so they hate it or dislike it. I don't expect much from anything and i fucking enjoy life!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump 2016 View Post

Well the url really isnt indicative of an avatar because the url of the image is

and item image urls have that type of naming convention

while the avatars themselves have a different naming convention

And as for releasing it "like they release every other restock-able item" well they pretty much have. Do you know how many items that are announced on the news that takes months to get released? Hell that Techo Game of Thrones outfit that everyone was creaming over still hasn't been released. If you look at the (you need an account to see links) every item image that has the url name is basically an item that was announced but not released. So it still leads me to believe it is a Brucey B. Avatar.....Stamp

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I like the avatar, looks like the old school avys due the animation on the font

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Aska (10-07-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by gigglez View Post
    Well the url really isnt indicative of an avatar because the url of the image is

and item image urls have that type of naming convention

while the avatars themselves have a different naming convention

And as for releasing it "like they release every other restock-able item" well they pretty much have. Do you know how many items that are announced on the news that takes months to get released? Hell that Techo Game of Thrones outfit that everyone was creaming over still hasn't been released. If you look at the (you need an account to see links) every item image that has the url name is basically an item that was announced but not released. So it still leads me to believe it is a Brucey B. Avatar.....Stamp
    Oh, good point on the URL. I hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Gamer View Post
    Dude they don't make much from neopets what do you expect? Obviously to much.

Expecting to much from anything is not a good trait i feel to many players expect to much and have to higher standards from neopets so they hate it or dislike it. I don't expect much from anything and i fucking enjoy life!!
    How do you quantify too high an expectation from Neopets and if it's an avatar, by how much does the time needed to choose a better looking, pre-existing stamp on which to base it contribute to a high expectation?

If they are releasing one in a new set, I would assume the process takes longer than basing it on a stamp avatar in an already completed set, so I wonder what's making you suggest that doing something easier costs more time and money.

I've seen people make custom avatars for their guilds in 30 minutes or less that look way better. I don't expect anything from a site that has a history of ignoring player feedback until it's hanging off a cliff - cannibalizing their users is why they don't make much anyway. But I'm not out of line to open up a thread based on something they've performed and call the output ugly, and the rest of my day isn't impaired because they released something ugly. If they want more players spending more time and money on the site, there would collectively need to be more favorable updates to unfavorable. The corporate climate isn't kind to companies that don't value customer loyalty and/or are unable to satisfy them.

That said, it very well might just be an item. In which case... excellent, since the would-have-been first stamp avatar in years didn't end up looking worse than maggots in a dead fly vendor's skull.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trump 2016 For This Useful Post:

Raposa (10-07-2016)