DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    It's all just a guerilla marketing campaign for the It remake.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

70spurple (10-06-2016),Aura (10-06-2016),DJ Music Man (10-06-2016),Mophead (10-06-2016),Ms M. (10-10-2016),Naked Gamer (10-06-2016),Sakuras (10-10-2016),Teakwood (10-06-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Okay so this shit is pretty ridiculous and dangerous.
    We've had 3-4 sightings between my county and the county next to us.

In lower greensboro there have been two abductions where people were taken apparently by "clowns".
    They were found subsequently beaten up hours later with intense bruising. I know a lot of it is hype, but still.
    There are some seriously fucked up people (especially those that live in a backwoods area like mine) that participate in these things.

The best thing is to check with your local authorities about incidents; IF YOU PLAN ON GOING OUT AT NIGHT OR SOMEWHERE REMOTE -- USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM.
    Crowded areas with lots of lights are your friend. My friend over at dispatch has sad it's mostly been along wooded areas where people like to toss trash and things.

Shit is crazy, don't fuck around with this stuff.
    Clowns are already fucking creepy, don't go around trying to Tim Curry some Pennywise bullshit.
    Pls.

Why, yes. The world does revolve around me.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    Okay so this shit is pretty ridiculous and dangerous.
    We've had 3-4 sightings between my county and the county next to us.

In lower greensboro there have been two abductions where people were taken apparently by "clowns".
    They were found subsequently beaten up hours later with intense bruising. I know a lot of it is hype, but still.
    There are some seriously fucked up people (especially those that live in a backwoods area like mine) that participate in these things.

The best thing is to check with your local authorities about incidents; IF YOU PLAN ON GOING OUT AT NIGHT OR SOMEWHERE REMOTE -- USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM.
    Crowded areas with lots of lights are your friend. My friend over at dispatch has sad it's mostly been along wooded areas where people like to toss trash and things.

Shit is crazy, don't fuck around with this stuff.
    Clowns are already fucking creepy, don't go around trying to Tim Curry some Pennywise bullshit.
    Pls.
    geez!!! O.o

nothing so far out here in Australia that i have seen or heard personally i could of missed something but i like to read all the news.

I think it all started with those Clown scare pranks from bunch of years ago like the chainsaw pranks with crazy looking clown figure.

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Mass hysteria, probably started from bullshit pranks propelled through FB bullshit.

Some asshole in my county decided to post on FB that he had seen a creepy clown watching and approaching kids on a park, and the shit got reposted over 200 times. The police went to investigate, after receiving many calls about it, and figures the guy just had photoshopped a picture and lied, so now he's charged with second degree use of dangerous speech. Completely asshole, he even tried to claim protection under the first amendment, typical assholery, if you saw the guy, you'd guess right away he'd be that sort of asshole to pull this sort of shit.

But then there was some other asshole, a teen, who dressed up like a clown and went to a crossing not that far away from here, at 3 AM, and started shouting shit, and of course, when the police started to come, he tried to dash and get away, but obviously got caught.

And then there was another guy, on a road up north of the city, who was dressed up like a clown and waving at cars during daylight, and the police was even called in, but yet the guy wasn't arrested, because figures it was just that, an actual clown, waving at people, and some paranoid shithead right away thought the guy was up to no good just because he was dressed up like a clown. This is the sort of bullshit that happens when mass hysteria is fueled by social media.

Exact sort of bullshit happened some years back on my home country, people started "reporting" sightings of satanists stealing children away to kill them for rituals, it spread like wildfire on social media, and people began getting paranoid IRL, and it all culminated with the lynching of a woman who "looked like a satanist" who was nearby a child, just because the woman had dyed her hair differently that day, and wasn't recognized by the people of the place, even though being the mother, or relative of the child, but no, of course, some no-good paranoid shithead didn't recognize the woman, started overreacting, and in no time, attracted everyone of the neighborhood to literally beat up the woman to death. I'll give it no time for something like that to happen here, over this clown hysteria. It's not going to end up pretty, I'm warning you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I honestly thought that might be a huge part of it. I heard about a remake and these "incidents" have reminded me of the movie.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexxie For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    It seems it has been happening for a while already, at least in America, I saw it started in like 2014 or so. I'm guessing groups of people have been recreating it in other places since then. It's pretty fucked up but nothing serious has happened with them of what I know, just people scaring communities and being assholes. Though kind of appropriate for this time of the year

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    No, some idiot kids are actually threatening schools and stuff. It's not just a marketing campaign.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Espeon View Post
    No, some idiot kids are actually threatening schools and stuff. It's not just a marketing campaign.
    I was being facetious. Morons always like to find new ways to get attention.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (10-06-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Good thing my state just passed a bill allowing us to shoot them on site .
    Bitch come at me, I'll make sure you drop.

This is getting absolutely out of hand.

Thank you Hellraid <3

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Aura (10-06-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Biology View Post
    Good thing my state just passed a bill allowing us to shoot them on site .
    Bitch come at me, I'll make sure you drop.

This is getting absolutely out of hand.
    Haha, if any clown comes up at me, I'm screwed. I'll just stand there and cry lol
    i love luna

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (10-06-2016)