Uploads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Time Online
    43 d 10 h 58 m
    Avg. Time Online
    21 m

Where is the logic?

Theres this thing i dont really understand. Like let me try to explain this as well as i can. Like there is a couple and the boyfriend goes to a party. The boyfriend meets a cute girl and cheats on his girlfriend with this cute girl. But doesnt this cute girl realize that if the boyfriend was capable of cheating on another woman for a cuter one wouldnt he be able to do the same thing to the cute girl? Like why do girls do it?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Time Online
    36 d 5 h 33 m
    Avg. Time Online
    17 m
    People always think they'll be the exception, the one to 'turn it all around'

spoiler alert: they're not

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Slumber For This Useful Post:

2D Anime Waifu (09-27-2016),Air (09-27-2016),Aska (09-27-2016),athron (09-28-2016),Aura (09-27-2016),Cath (09-27-2016),cloudxcrash (09-27-2016),Dad (10-02-2016),Mindfang (09-27-2016),Pusheen (09-27-2016),Sci_Girl (09-27-2016),Set (09-28-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,614 Times in 1,411 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1171 Post(s)
    Time Online
    161 d 10 h 57 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 14 m
    Exactly like @Slumber said. Those girls usually believe they are special and think their situation is different from those same scenarios. Sadly, if someone can cheat once without regret, I don't see why they couldn't do it again.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 984 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Time Online
    49 d 2 h 15 m
    Avg. Time Online
    21 m

Not the biggest fan of him but I follow this statement in a variety of situations.

Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,107 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Time Online
    179 d 14 h 9 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    In that simple situation (motivation just being cuteness and availability, there being no existing prior relationship), it is a poor choice, yes. I'm sure that alcohol would probably play a part in it.

Not all instances of unfaithfulness are so cut and dry though. I met my husband while I was married to someone else. My ex-husband had devolved into a number of nasty habits, including drug use and emotional neglect. That was 7 years ago. My now-husband and I have a life, and a daughter. We've never fought, not once. Sometimes real relationships can, and do, come from the remnants of existing ones.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Dad (10-02-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Time Online
    15 d 17 h 9 m
    Avg. Time Online
    12 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    In that simple situation (motivation just being cuteness and availability, there being no existing prior relationship), it is a poor choice, yes. I'm sure that alcohol would probably play a part in it.

Not all instances of unfaithfulness are so cut and dry though. I met my husband while I was married to someone else. My ex-husband had devolved into a number of nasty habits, including drug use and emotional neglect. That was 7 years ago. My now-husband and I have a life, and a daughter. We've never fought, not once. Sometimes real relationships can, and do, come from the remnants of existing ones.
    I think that's a valid point to make. There are a good amount of people that cheat because they are unhappy and unfulfilled in their relationships. Granted, this usually stems from marriages...cheating on a dating sphere seems to have a higher likelihood of continuance.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 21 h 58 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    From the way I see it, from the other girl in the situation there can be so many variables, does she know he is in a relationship? is she drunk? and so on.

But one way to look at it is, generally people who are attracted to someone, if they feel wanted by the person they are attracted too, they can often overlook circumstances whether they are aware of them are not, its human nature to be wanted.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Time Online
    2 d 10 h 15 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    There is no solid logic behind it. It's just because people have no sense of morality or common decency. It's pretty sad. Like Slumber said, people try to "fix" potential boyfriends/girlfriends. Shit never works out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Set For This Useful Post:

Dad (10-02-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 1 h 1 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Honestly, in these situations, most of the time feelings are fueled by lust and the adrenline rush that comes with doing something taboo. This usually decreases common sense of course but when someone enters a relationship where the other is attached to someone else, they usually find themselves feeding into lies they already know what the outcome is bound to be. Denial is almost always present because everyone tends to think they are different than the current significant other and why else would they cheat on them? They couldn't possibly be just a shitty person, right? Right?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kairi For This Useful Post:

Dad (10-02-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 650 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Time Online
    47 d 8 h 50 m
    Avg. Time Online
    35 m
    Could also be the other girl is a Narcissist. Or felt she was doing the girlfriend a favor by showing her how easy it is to get her boyfriend to cheat on her. Or just doesn't care either way and looking to get laid.