1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aska View Post
    I really hope that this debate was a joke. It was poorly ran and neither candidate could keep on topic.

I also had hoped Trump would have made more jabs about the DNC leaks and how they screwed over Sanders. Killary was just...at least I'm not this guy.

#giantmeteor2016
    It just scares me that people think someone that has nothing to do with and knows nothing about a particular field should be allowed to apply for the highest position of that field (aka the President of the United States). You can't just learn how to deal with politics, it's something you're molded into, and often starts from small local positions and builds up from there. Career politician isn't inherently a bad thing, us as American citizens have allowed it to become a bad thing because of people's refusal to vote out corrupt people and stand up against the injustices in the system. There are people high up in other careers that are just as corrupt. If we're going to pretend like Career Politicians aren't want we want (someone that actually knows a thing or two about the office, how to run it and how to deal with everything involved) then we should start demeaning all other "career" positions of any other field. It's just silly.

Idc what Hillary did because karma will take care of that at some point...what I care about is avoiding an international disaster by having this whiny ass baby of a cheeto lose the election. Nothing will go well if he wins office.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I fully agree. Him talking about Nato?? That was so painful to watch. "I may not know a lot about Nato but I'm still going to comment and tell them how they should do things..."
    GTFO

For the record, I am not pro-Trump. If I wanted to watch America burn quickly to the ground, then yes I would vote for him but not while I'm stuck here.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    64d 22h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I pulled the short straw at work and was unfortunately tasked with watching the damn thing. I'm astonished by the fact that this is actually happening, people are actually supporting Trump. You have the whole world (with the exception of a few dictators) practically shouting "NOT TRUMP!" at America, yet the American people close their ears and pretend Trump is going to make La-la Land great again. He will build a wall that will fix absolutely nothing. He will lower the taxes and it's definitely not going to benefit you, it will benefit the already rich. Like him. He bragged about how smart he is for finding loopholes and cheating the system, you think he'll suddenly stop doing exactly that as soon as he has become the Pres? No. He will continue his fraud. Not to mention he is a threat to the entire world. Why do you think Putin wants him elected? Dude got worse temper than a child, if Putin wanted one reason to make an enemy out of America, Putin could easily provoke Trump into giving him that one reason. I'm not saying Hillary is perfect sunshine beautiful rainbow special unicorn, but she is not Trump. And that is one of the best reasons to vote for her.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    I think the main reason I have seen people say they don't like Trump is due to the fact that he has a temper. The second biggest complaint is that he has no idea what he is doing? You don't have to be the smartest guy in the room about everything as long as you surround yourself with the people who do. Hillary may be a career politician but she's a career politician in the worst possible way.

I've always found it funny how people say they don't care about the things Hillary has done in the past and that blows my mind. Her email scandal, Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation scandal, the way her and Bill stole $200k worth of shit from the white house, all the things that surfaced as a result of the leaked DNC info. She's a liar, through and through. A career politician in the worst way in that she helps her friends and doesn't care about anybody else. It's funny how during the debate she talked about wanting to give everybody things like healthcare and get rid of college debt, yet she mocked Sanders supporters for thinking things like that were possible ((you need an account to see links)).

While Trump might have done some sketchy things, he did them all within the limits of the laws. Our system is corrupt and it allows for big business to get away with things. However, he isn't lying about these things and isn't trying to hide them. Hell, if I was a CEO you bet I'd take every shortcut I could to make as much money as possible. The point of business is to make money. Trump and Hillary are both absolutely terrible options but I am leaning towards Trump simply because he's something different. The same old same old hasn't really been helping us much lately. We are weaker than we have ever been on the world stage and we are letting other countries push us around. I feel like Hillary will continue or make that worse while Trump will at least stand up for us and play hard ball. We shouldn't be giving tens of billions of dollars (that we don't have lol) to other countries every year. We should play hard ball with our exports and tax our imports to level the field. We need to overhaul our immigration policies and fix the "affordable" health care.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I think a bigger reason people do not like Trump is because he is a racist, sexist, bigot. His character is what so much of what the rest of the world believes Americans to be. And that is scary to those Americans who do not support Trump. He chest thumps violence, deportation, a segregation like it is something of great accomplishment. He is a big concern to many. I think it is fine to have someone running who cannot be bought by big business, Trump is part of big business, but his ideas and mannerism is not leader material. He treats everything like it needs to be the next entertainment headline rather than treating it like he is a potential leader of a top Nation. If he actually sat down and had a rational conversation in front of millions on TV then maybe people would take him more seriously. Thus far he does not seem capable of rational conversation. Maybe his team will tell him to calm the eff down and focus but the damage is already done with his previous comments and statements.

Hillary is a politician. Politicians are manipulative lieing scum through and through. She is no exception. Previous Presidents did the same thing of lieing, scheming, cover-ups, and manipulation and they were still elected. Some to multiple terms. It seems to this point the people are not affected by such things. Politics has become synonymous with lies. Unfortunate but it is a reality.

If anyone believes they will have a truly honest best-interest-in-mind politician then they need to give their head a shake.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (10-01-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    If he actually sat down and had a rational conversation in front of millions on TV then maybe people would take him more seriously. Thus far he does not seem capable of rational conversation. Maybe his team will tell him to calm the eff down and focus but the damage is already done with his previous comments and statements.
    That's what I was hoping to see during the most recent debate.. but instead he was still being obnoxiously loud. Granted, the moderator was clearly on Hillary's side and didn't do any favors, you have to be able to contain yourself and at least show an outward sense of stability. He didn't do himself any favors by yelling and raising his voice
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left