Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What�s one good thing that�s happened in your life lately?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    34d 19h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m

Question What�s one good thing that�s happened in your life lately?

I�ve been having kind of a terrible time in my life right now and I�d love to hear some positive things that have happened to you as a sort of motivation things will get better! Doesn�t have to be anything crazy. If you�re happy about picking up a quarter off the ground tell me about it!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    21d 15h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    My best friend adopted a rabbit from the shelter and I was able to see it for the first time. I had a rabbit as a young child, but haven't actually gotten to pet or hold one since. It's a small thing, but it made me happy.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoyru For This Useful Post:

Bioluminescence (01-16-2019),Fell (01-16-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    My first nephew was born last month!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (01-17-2019),Fell (01-16-2019),Gato (01-22-2019),Menine (01-25-2019)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    34d 19h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerkmid View Post
    My best friend adopted a rabbit from the shelter and I was able to see it for the first time. I had a rabbit as a young child, but haven't actually gotten to pet or hold one since. It's a small thing, but it made me happy.
    That’s so sweet! I haven’t held or pet a rabbit since I was a kid either and my aunt had one. And it’s nice she adopted one from a shelter. I’ve seen too many in ours.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    My first nephew was born last month!
    Aw congrats! My oldest nephew is 5-6 now I think. They grow up sooo fast. I didn’t see him for a year and he sprouted up like 6 inches!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bioluminescence For This Useful Post:

Cybun (01-16-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    83/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I just passed my first semester at a prestigious college I finally got into. 4 years ago I failed out of my first choice college, became homeless, and had to move back across the country to live with my parents. My confidence and self esteem nose dived, and I'd say the whole experience was very traumatic, but I took baby steps by going to community college for a few years, and finally got into my new college the third time I tried applying. This is my first semester taking over 12 credit hours and I'm very anxious because of what happened the last time I was a full time student, but I'm also really proud of myself for finally getting here, too.
    I'm sorry things are rough for you right now, and as generic as it may sound, you'll pull through! ♥

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    34d 19h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fell View Post
    I just passed my first semester at a prestigious college I finally got into. 4 years ago I failed out of my first choice college, became homeless, and had to move back across the country to live with my parents. My confidence and self esteem nose dived, and I'd say the whole experience was very traumatic, but I took baby steps by going to community college for a few years, and finally got into my new college the third time I tried applying. This is my first semester taking over 12 credit hours and I'm very anxious because of what happened the last time I was a full time student, but I'm also really proud of myself for finally getting here, too.
    I'm sorry things are rough for you right now, and as generic as it may sound, you'll pull through! ♥
    Wow, what a huge achievement!! Congrats! What are you going to college for if you don’t mind me asking?

As a college drop out for various reasons I’m proud of you for going back and rocking it!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    83/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by queengeck View Post
    Wow, what a huge achievement!! Congrats! What are you going to college for if you don’t mind me asking?

As a college drop out for various reasons I’m proud of you for going back and rocking it!
    I don't mind at all! I'm majoring in Computer Science. Computers, games, and the internet have been such a huge part of my life, and I love finding out how things work (even if it means breaking them first). I think ultimately it's going to take me longer to graduate than most people because I'm moving at a much slower pace to avoid tripping again. It was such a bad point in my life that it's easy for my mind to spiral and assume the worst could happen. And thank you for being proud in me too! It means more than you know.

edit: spelling

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    34d 19h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fell View Post
    I don't mind at all! I'm majoring in Computer Science. Computers, games, and the internet have been such a huge part of my life, and I love finding out how things work (even if it means breaking them first). I think ultimately it's going to take me longer to graduate than most people because I'm moving at a much slower pace to avoid tripping again. It was such a bad point in my life that it's easy for my mind to spiral and assume the worst could happen. And thank you for being proud in me too! It means more than you know.

edit: spelling
    Computer sciences sounds great but challenging! Nothing wrong with taking it slow though. If I ever go back that’s my plan too. I just get overwhelmed too easily by grades and deadlines.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    92d 1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Sorry things aren't good for you right now! Life is terrible at times, I am wishing you well.

I just got a basic degree from my community college, I put it off for a while, lol. Applying to universities and really hoping I get into the best one in my state.
    I started a new job this week and so far it has been very nice. Just in time for rent and car payment so I am thankful for that.

I just got out of a huge depression so I feel for you.
    If you ever need to talk my PM's are always open.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    34d 19h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoenn View Post
    Sorry things aren't good for you right now! Life is terrible at times, I am wishing you well.

I just got a basic degree from my community college, I put it off for a while, lol. Applying to universities and really hoping I get into the best one in my state.
    I started a new job this week and so far it has been very nice. Just in time for rent and car payment so I am thankful for that.

I just got out of a huge depression so I feel for you.
    If you ever need to talk my PM's are always open.
    Congrats on the new job and degree! Hope you get into that college.

I feel like I’m still deep in the middle of my huge depression. First time it’s been this bad in years.