575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by soverysad View Post
    The PC: "TNT needs to release an option to unconvert pets"
    "There's so little ucs left smh this site is dying"

Also the PC: oh hey look an unfamiliar UC! Let's subtly pry info from the OP, wait for some idiot to openly imply things and then mass report them so the pet gets frozen and we can go back to complaining about how hard it is to trade for them UCs again!
    Option to unconvert pets cracks me up every time i see that. More fun dressing pets up i think in some awesome outfits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naked Gamer For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (09-23-2016),Lacus (09-23-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    9d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump 2016 View Post
    ...So what?

Agreed on the rest.

(Ignore this if you meant that statement is being said by the same person saying that last statement. There's no problem with that statement on its own, though.)
    .... wut? not sure what is the issue with the statement, but I was reiterating the ironic fact that they are the reason behind every bloody thing they whine about when it comes to the UCs. I've seen a couple of instances where one silly user trades for the dream UC of x years of his life and goes to send a ticket about it to check that the pet is legit... ??? Why someone would even do that is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    Option to unconvert pets cracks me up every time i see that. More fun dressing pets up i think in some awesome outfits.
    True, there will be people whining about this from time to time.
    Last edited by Lacus; 09-23-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    .... wut? not sure what is the issue with the statement, but I was reiterating the ironic fact that they are the reason behind every bloody thing they whine about when it comes to the UCs. I've seen a couple of instances where one silly user trades for the dream UC of x years of his life and goes to send a ticket about it to check that the pet is legit... ??? Why someone would even do that is beyond me.
    I had said if your post conveyed that the same, overlapping people were saying both of these:

TNT needs to release an option to unconvert pets
    oh hey look an unfamiliar UC! Let's subtly pry info from the OP, wait for some idiot to openly imply things and then mass report them so the pet gets frozen and we can go back to complaining about how hard it is to trade for them UCs again!
    Then clearly people taking both those positions are being crazy, as you just touched on again. By your reply I can tell that's what you had meant, so no problem there.

What I would've disagreed with is

TNT needs to release an option to unconvert pets
    if you were criticizing someone who was taking only that position. I wasn't totally sure (which is why I elaborated on the condition), because I often do see people who have a case of disagreement on the single point of reverting pets.

So let's focus on just that, since you each think it's silly on some level:

Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    True, there will be people whining about this from time to time.
    If you think dressing them up is more fun, an option to revert them doesn't strip you of that passtime.

If people want to attach themselves to an old pet, a forced decision (not option) to convert them strips them of a passtime. Whether the focus of this site is on pets or not to you personally, Neo never would have caught on without the charm of its designs (and this is not the equivalent of saying it never would've caught on if it had current designs since its inception).

Do you not see a problem at all with forcing people to abandon a certain charm with which they grew up, especially in a game that suffers from actual player acquisition? Or even with forcing the fewer new people to settle for something?

This game's history can be summarized as why companies shouldn't shit on grassroots success and why they shouldn't fix what isn't broken.

Being able to monetize a mistake (like forcing converted pets instead of making them an option - understand I am not saying dress-up shouldn't exist) doesn't make up for the missed opportunity costs of lighting a fire under what already works (and keeping it lit).

I'm not even pretending the conversions themselves are the central reason for the site dwindling - and it is dwindling - but the ramifications of that are central to it: the player base was never listened to. If ages later people have significant gripes with it, that just emphasizes the gravity of their mistake of never listening.

TL;DR: Dismissing it as whining is to excuse poor communication and enable lazy company solutions.

Companies that were once as successful as Neopets and still are today have spent boat loads more money on customer opinion and acquisition and focus groups (and the whole laundry list) for way less obvious solutions, unlike the obvious kinds that stare at Neopets not-so-hidden and free and daily while the company pisses in its diapers.

Also sort of bizarre being dismissive of UC craze on the same forum where UCs make up for a lot of lively business activity. If every company shat on the obvious benefits of its charms instead of crafting strategies around that, that would be bad news!
    Last edited by Trump 2016; 09-23-2016 at 10:40 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trump 2016 For This Useful Post:

Lacus (09-23-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 23h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    The PC: "TNT needs to release an option to unconvert pets"
    "There's so little ucs left smh this site is dying"

Also the PC: oh hey look an unfamiliar UC! Let's subtly pry info from the OP, wait for some idiot to openly imply things and then mass report them so the pet gets frozen and we can go back to complaining about how hard it is to trade for them UCs again!
    PC: Why am I reporting UCs? Well, that's obvious. I meant that we should only introduce new UCs to the site if it means that I can have them! Any other UCs are definitely stolen and stealing from inactive accounts that no one cares about is WRONG.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostiee For This Useful Post:

Lacus (09-23-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    9d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    @(you need an account to see links) Don't get me wrong bro, I definitely agree with you 100% on whatever you've said. I don't dig spending real money on NC much so I'm all for UCs. The problem is that it gets really pointless to complain and pine for things you know probably would not, would never happen. It's clear from the many issues of editorials that this company just doesn't care what we as a clientele want :/ I just don't believe anything will be changing at this point of time, they've pretty much made it clear that they don't want to reintroduce UCs back in the fray by making up all these graphic excuses (iirc?).

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostiee View Post
    PC: Why am I reporting UCs? Well, that's obvious. I meant that we should only introduce new UCs to the site if it means that I can have them! Any other UCs are definitely stolen and stealing from inactive accounts that no one cares about is WRONG.
    Ah yes, let us suck up on UFA boards. Only point out the obvious (that the account looks like a shell) when we aren't chosen for the UCs as we rightfully should!

Everything else aside, it's always the same few users doing this on every UFQA board.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m