Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to do if someone recognizes your bought UC?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostiee View Post
    Exactly! The owner didn't even care that they didn't have their pet anymore. It was literally hurting no one. I don't understand.

I bought the account with the pet on it. I didn't transfer it, just took over the shell and used it as a "side"
    I'm honestly thinking about quitting neopets over this. I'm just so frustrated that TNT will freeze people with hardly any investigation. Like sure, this account had good reasoning for being frozen I guess.. But my other account that got frozen, I wasn't even doing anything illegit on it. So I don't understand.

But then to get an account unfrozen takes like 20 years and you have to sacrifice your first unborn child. It just doesn't make sense to me.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Well they posted on a thread in the PC saying about how the pet might be stolen and the two people who I was planning on trading with saw it and could have been anyone else as well. So it's possible that other people may have reported. @_@
    It probably was someone on the PC.

I don't understand why the "friend" made such a big deal about it since the original owner didn't seem to care. Unless the "friend" was the actual original owner.

Either way it sucks, I'm sorry, but I guess that's the risk you take.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bexxie For This Useful Post:

halloweenlupe (09-30-2016),Raposa (09-25-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Were all accounts on the IP frozen, or just the two bought? Tbh, I'd think that a few people reported, if you got frozen so quickly... I doubt one report would do anything, unless the UC was horribly secured?

Either way, sorry for the loss. :C

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 23h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    Were all accounts on the IP frozen, or just the two bought? Tbh, I'd think that a few people reported, if you got frozen so quickly... I doubt one report would do anything, unless the UC was horribly secured?

Either way, sorry for the loss. :C
    No it wasn't an IP ban. I think it's just because the pc is garbage

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostiee View Post
    No it wasn't an IP ban. I think it's just because the pc is garbage
    Maybe or you posting it here so fast could of sealed the fate. Many PCs probably either lurk or have accounts lurking here. Sad though i hope you have a speedy bounce back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pronouns
    Ze/Hir
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Fucking people, what do they care? There is already little enough UCs and still they have the nerve to freeze the remaining ones. Specially when it's original owner doesn't even care about the pet. I'm sorry for your loss, Ghostiee.

For all you lurkers: live your life and let others live theirs as they want. NOTHING will happen to your neopets, TNT nowadays doesn't even care if a pet is illegit unless you make drama out of it. Not everyone has time to play and uptrade like you do (and even so, who would trade with a person who doesn't have UCs to uptrade?), don't be unfair to players who want to achieve their dreams and have no other way of doing it. "They aren't making an effort" THEY ARE making a sacrifice. 140$ isn't free. That person made an effort: she WORKED in REAL LIFE for her Neopet, and it's unfair you are taking away her effort, time, and maybe other sacrifices she did to buy her UC. Maybe she didn't eat? Maybe she saved for a lot of time? Remember that person has feelings, dreams, happinesses and all those things YOU also have. It's unfair that your envy make you do this wicked stuff.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to halloweenlupe For This Useful Post:

Ataraxia (09-25-2016),Garchomp (09-25-2016),Raposa (09-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    My strategy is to act stupid and confused when accused of doing anything wrong. " I don't understand. Are you saying I bought a virtual pet with real money? LOL, that's not possible! Besides, I don't have any monies tho, just student loans and some Monopoly money. Could I buy a Neopet with my college diploma? Idk, I'm confused. lolol"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unknowable For This Useful Post:

halloweenlupe (09-30-2016),Naked Gamer (09-25-2016)