Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do if someone recognizes your bought UC?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Mind updating us on any new developments? This is a HUGE fear of mine.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clarice For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (09-23-2016),Raposa (09-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Hopefully all went well and they haven't reported you for owning the pet? :0

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 23h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    Mind updating us on any new developments? This is a HUGE fear of mine.
    Posting under a spoiler in case the user I spoke with happens to be creeping the thread or whatnot..

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghostiee For This Useful Post:

halloweenlupe (09-24-2016),Raposa (09-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostiee View Post
    Posting under a spoiler in case the user I spoke with happens to be creeping the thread or whatnot..
    Well it looks like you're safe, for now, at least. Honestly I wouldn't stop using the account. It might make you look suspicious if you leave it untouched after being questioned. Just lay low with trading, on that account at least, for a little while.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Tbh, I definitely wouldn't move the pet, or unlink main/sides from the profile (if they're on it or mentioned), or do anything to distance yourself from the pet, because it'll seem suspicious as all hell. I wouldn't advertise the pet for a few months @ least, with how long TNT is taking to deal with tickets. When you go back to trading, if the user comes back, tell them you sent in a ticket and TNT replied and said it was fine. If it's been long enough, it'll seem reasonable enough. It sucks that you've gotta wait, sure, but that is a risk of buying UCs, and it's better to wait and lose a trade than to get iced and lose the entire thing.

EDIT: Was the pet moved off of the old account, or are you currently in possession of the account? How long ago did you tell them you got it, and how long ago did you actually get it? Do they match up? If your story matches up then you're definitely at an advantage, but if you lied to them and you get reported, TNT'll see that you lied and you're screwed. That is, if TNT actually cares...
    Last edited by Clarice; 09-23-2016 at 05:18 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clarice For This Useful Post:

Raposa (09-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 23h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    Tbh, I definitely wouldn't move the pet, or unlink main/sides from the profile (if they're on it or mentioned), or do anything to distance yourself from the pet, because it'll seem suspicious as all hell. I wouldn't advertise the pet for a few months @ least, with how long TNT is taking to deal with tickets. When you go back to trading, if the user comes back, tell them you sent in a ticket and TNT replied and said it was fine. If it's been long enough, it'll seem reasonable enough. It sucks that you've gotta wait, sure, but that is a risk of buying UCs, and it's better to wait and lose a trade than to get iced and lose the entire thing.

EDIT: Was the pet moved off of the old account, or are you currently in possession of the account? How long ago did you tell them you got it, and how long ago did you actually get it? Do they match up? If your story matches up then you're definitely at an advantage, but if you lied to them and you get reported, TNT'll see that you lied and you're screwed. That is, if TNT actually cares...
    ugh my account got frozen

That's $140 worth of UCs that got frozen now, since the other account that I bought got frozen recently as well.
    I'm so mad.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostiee For This Useful Post:

Raposa (09-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

That's $140 worth of UCs that got frozen now, since the other account that I bought got frozen recently as well.
    I'm so mad.
    Wow, they sent in a ticket? That's so petty :/ Who even cares is the person isn't interested in coming on the site again?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Espeon For This Useful Post:

halloweenlupe (09-24-2016),Raposa (09-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    9d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

I'm so mad.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

I'm so mad.
    They reported you after they said they wouldn't? I wonder if maybe they saw this and put 2 and 2 together? Idk.

Either way I'm sorry that happened to you!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexxie For This Useful Post:

Raposa (09-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 23h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Espeon View Post
    Wow, they sent in a ticket? That's so petty :/ Who even cares is the person isn't interested in coming on the site again?
    Exactly! The owner didn't even care that they didn't have their pet anymore. It was literally hurting no one. I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by soverysad View Post
    I bought the account with the pet on it. I didn't transfer it, just took over the shell and used it as a "side"
    I'm honestly thinking about quitting neopets over this. I'm just so frustrated that TNT will freeze people with hardly any investigation. Like sure, this account had good reasoning for being frozen I guess.. But my other account that got frozen, I wasn't even doing anything illegit on it. So I don't understand.

But then to get an account unfrozen takes like 20 years and you have to sacrifice your first unborn child. It just doesn't make sense to me.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bexxie View Post
    They reported you after they said they wouldn't? I wonder if maybe they saw this and put 2 and 2 together? Idk.

Either way I'm sorry that happened to you!
    Well they posted on a thread in the PC saying about how the pet might be stolen and the two people who I was planning on trading with saw it and could have been anyone else as well. So it's possible that other people may have reported. @_@

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostiee For This Useful Post:

Raposa (09-25-2016)