64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m

� Official cK Mail Exchange �

Because why wait until December to have Secret Santa?

Welcome to the Official clraik Mail Exchange thread!
    We have never done an event quite like this on our forums and, after members expressed their interest in partaking, we’ve decided to give it a go.
    Basically, you will be assigned a user to mail them a gift. This can be various things, such as goodies found only in your country, trinkets, candies, letters, and much more. Users will be able to write a blurb about themselves and their interests so that their sender can get an idea on what they like, if they wish to.

RULES & GUIDELINES
    As this is an event in which people will be most likely spending their own money, we have various guidelines and rules to follow. Please read them thoroughly and ask if you have any questions.

- If you sign-up, you MUST follow through with your gift. People are going to be putting real money into this, so, if you decide not to participate when you’ve been assigned someone, there will be consequences.

- The hosts of this contest are @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), and myself. PM us or post on this thread if you have any questions or concerns.

- You are not permitted to sign up on this event if you’ve signed up for a previous gift-exchanging contest and didn’t commit to it. This includes, but is not limited to, the comment charts, the VDay events, and Secret Santa.

- Only members with the rank clraik+ can sign-up for this. We’re sorry, but this is for the safety of our members, so we’re only opening this event to members that have been involved in the community. If you are a newbie and want to participate, start getting involved!

- Staff members reserve the right to deny anyone participation for any reason.

- You must be comfortable with giving out your address or at least an address of a post office or somewhere where you are able to pick-up the package to not only a host, but another user.

- The recommended budget is between $10-20 for your package. Remember that shipping the package may be a little pricey, too, depending on what you wish to send and where it is going to. Please calculate the shipping costs beforehand so you know what to expect.

- We’re going to attempt to match people to people from different countries to keep things more interesting. However, there may be an overwhelming majority of people from a certain country (most likely America, lol), so there may be a chance that you get someone from the same country if we run out of foreigners. If that’s the case, we’ll try and make it so you’re at least far away from each other lol.

- There’s no set criteria for what you have to send, but think about what you would like to receive. Letters can be really fun and should be included, but it’s recommended to include some goodies. If you’re stumped for ideas, Google will have some good suggestions.

- If you wish to remain anonymous, you may mention that to a host via PM, and you can send the host your address and blurb and they will forward it to your sender. The sender will receive your address and your blurb but they won’t know who they’re sending to. Otherwise, a thread will be created for posting blurbs once signups close, in which you can talk about things you like in order to give your senders inspiration.

- If, once signups close, there is someone you really don’t want to get matched up with for any reason, please PM a host so that we don’t put you together.

- The matches will be randomized, and it will not be a mutual match. You may be assigned to Bettser, but Bettser may have been assigned to Bacchus, and Infamous Joe could be your sender.

BLURB GUIDELINE
    Your blurb should include your interests and any other facts which may help your sender with what to mail. It doesn't have to be long at all but it's just to potentially inspire your sender with ideas for their mail. Please note that these are just SUGGESTIONS, and you and your sender are by no means forced to go by the blurbs that people write.
    An example of what a blurb might look like:

Hi, I'm Jessica. I live in Canada and I like dogs, candy, and crushing scrubs in Pok�mon.
    I have a collection of snowglobes from different countries that I'd love to add to.
    I also love foreign currency... Preferably bills valued above $50USD.
    Once signups close, one of the hosts will make a thread for posting your blurbs on.

PM FORMAT
    Please PM (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links), or (you need an account to see links) with the following format (or something to its extent):

PARTICIPANTS
    @(you need an account to see links)

DEADLINE
    Signups will be open for two weeks, ending on October 5th. There will be no specific deadline for you to send your mail, but it shouldn't usually take longer than a month to send your mail out lol.

So what are you waiting for? Express your interest on this thread, and tag all of your friends to get them to signup!!!
    Last edited by Aura; 10-05-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    i love luna

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Ban (09-21-2016),Bexxie (09-21-2016),Boob (09-22-2016),Charlie (09-21-2016),Doge (09-22-2016),I_royalty_I (09-21-2016),j03 (09-21-2016),Ms M. (09-30-2016),Pusheen (09-21-2016),Raposa (09-22-2016),Sci_Girl (09-21-2016),Teakwood (09-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Bumping, this thread has now been approved and we're ready to go.
    i love luna

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (09-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    115/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    58d 4h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I'd love to participate but sadly the postage alone would surpass the limit (a friend sent me a box of chocolates from USA, and paid like $70)
    But if someone from Europe shows up, count me in!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ribossoma For This Useful Post:

Aura (09-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Quote Originally Posted by ribossoma View Post
    I'd love to participate but sadly the postage alone would surpass the limit (a friend sent me a box of chocolates from USA, and paid like $70)
    But if someone from Europe shows up, count me in!
    Definitely. if there are people who want to participate but don't necessarily want to do international, we could always try to match people closer to each other.
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Sign me up!

Thank you Hellraid <3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Aura (09-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Are we able to have people's countries listed next to their UN? I'm interested in doing this, but like @(you need an account to see links) said, I live on an island. So anything outside of the country I reside in is quite a bit of money for shipping. This would be really cool tho!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Are we able to have people's countries listed next to their UN? I'm interested in doing this, but like @(you need an account to see links) said, I live on an island. So anything outside of the country I reside in is quite a bit of money for shipping. This would be really cool tho!
    If you want to have someone within the same country, just include that in your PM with me and I will definitely try to match you up with someone within the same country.
    i love luna

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Charlie (09-22-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Not sure if you read the whole first post but i think its in secret santa fashion where you don't know who its going too. You have to give bettser or who ever your post info right off as well so they would know what country everyone is in just not everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Yup, but @(you need an account to see links) already answered above, so it's fine Thanks tho!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (09-22-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    You will know who you're sending your item to, unless they wish to remain anonymous. They won't know who's sending THEM something, though, unless the sender reveals it.
    i love luna

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (09-22-2016)