DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Update: police were involved again as my place was broken in to while I was gone and my anxiety medication was stolen. Went to the emergency room this morning and was given one dose, and told they won't fill a new prescription for me. I'll be going through benzodiazepine withdrawals because of this. Hopefully a physician will sympathize with my situation tomorrow after I bring the police report to them. Trying to be strong.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    Update: police were involved again as my place was broken in to while I was gone and my anxiety medication was stolen. Went to the emergency room this morning and was given one dose, and told they won't fill a new prescription for me. I'll be going through benzodiazepine withdrawals because of this. Hopefully a physician will sympathize with my situation tomorrow after I bring the police report to them. Trying to be strong.
    Oh no, I'm so sorry. You're in my thoughts and I hope all goes well tomorrow.
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    MISHA!

Sorry, haven't been so active lately ; _ ;

Sorry to hear what happened to your brother and you, hopefully things will get better!!
    You can count on me, buddy !

*hugs*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    with a police investigation going on due to the stolen benzos, you'd think the police would be like "ok give him his benzos be nice"

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    You would think so. Although, apparently, it's state policy not to prescribe a new script for a stolen prescription if it's a controlled substance. I called my clinic to speak to the on-call doctor and she refused to fill it as well. So I'm stuck with my panic attacks and being unable to work until I get this sorted out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    You would think so. Although, apparently, it's state policy not to prescribe a new script for a stolen prescription if it's a controlled substance. I called my clinic to speak to the on-call doctor and she refused to fill it as well. So I'm stuck with my panic attacks and being unable to work until I get this sorted out.
    You shouldn't be taking benzos daily though, only when the panic attacks are really bad

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    102d 8h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Espeon View Post
    You shouldn't be taking benzos daily though, only when the panic attacks are really bad
    That's probably what he does, it's just easier to have them on-hand instead of having to go to the hospital for another dose every time

I have a friend who gets frequent panic attacks as well and she only takes benzos when they start up

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I'm not on Xanax. I have a severe panic disorder. I take Clonazepam 0.5mg twice a day to keep me level. 12 hour half-life.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Golly, I hope you gave the name of the "friend" and other lady that lived in your building as a potential lead. Even your brother if it is at that point. Chances are they knew about your scripts.

As for your refill your best bet is getting in to see your prescribing Doctor. E.R won't do anything as they see it as drug seeking behavior even if you are in the clear of that in any and all ways. Your prescribing doc knows more about your diagnosis and situation regarding that though. Bring in a police report maybe to validate it all.

Though wouldn't the pharmacy you get your refills through have several refills marked/left on it? Or does your Doc require you to come in on an as needed basis to refill per month?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Golly, I hope you gave the name of the "friend" and other lady that lived in your building as a potential lead. Even your brother if it is at that point. Chances are they knew about your scripts.

As for your refill your best bet is getting in to see your prescribing Doctor. E.R won't do anything as they see it as drug seeking behavior even if you are in the clear of that in any and all ways. Your prescribing doc knows more about your diagnosis and situation regarding that though. Bring in a police report maybe to validate it all.

Though wouldn't the pharmacy you get your refills through have several refills marked/left on it? Or does your Doc require you to come in on an as needed basis to refill per month?
    With drugs like that, they don't allow you to just "go in" if you have refills available. You have to wait until your basically out of the pills to get a refill, no matter what. :/

At least from my knowledge. My brother has ADD and a severe anxiety disorder and he can't get either meds without it being the actual refill time.