Hey guys, I'm doing a research opportunity with a department on campus, and I need to survey around 100 people.
I only need two things from you, which makes this hella easy.
1. Your major in college.
2. Your definition of Evolution.
Your name isn't required, I'm just doing a general survey on the opinions of definitions.
If you do this, I will send some rep your way.
And I really appreciate this .
1. Majored in Biological Science
2. Evolution is the slow and gradual change of traits of living organisms through the passing down of genetic information of previous generations of organisms.
My definition is based off of Biological evolution because that is what comes to mind first.
Don't have College in Australia
Spending 12 candies to evolve a Pidgey
My serious Definition for Evolution:
Mating a Tiger and Leopard in hopes for a even better killing machine that would have all the strengths of both less the weakness or some of them to create a better new hybrid species that should then wipe out the Tiger and Leopard species to become the new dominate species within there evolutionary chain so then one day through long lines of breeding this new hybrid species will likely run into the same problem with one mating with a Cheetah for instance to create a new smart faster hybrid species that would dominate the last.
@(you need an account to see links)
1. I am an English and Drama major. @(you need an account to see links) we still have majors in university.
2. Evolution is the gradual change of something over time, in order for it to better adapt to the world. This can be expressed biologically, in which favourable characteristics succeed and continue to be bred down; biological evolution can be both occur both naturally and artificially, such as the breeding of dachshunds' bodies for the purposes of hunting badgers. Evolution can also be socio-cultural though, adapting to reflect changes in perspective of a group. An example of this would be in 1967 when the Australian public voted that Aboriginals should be counted as people in the census, not flora and fauna.
Last edited by Mama Bear; 09-12-2016 at 05:09 PM.
1. I am currently a Management Major.
2. My definition of evolution would be the way things change to adapt to current needs/trends.
1. I did a medieval history degree
2. Evolution is gradual development over a period of time, it can be millions of years or a matter of months depending on the context of its use.
1. Graphic Design
2. Evolution is the change within a large period of time, in response of the needs of the organisms to adapt to the medium in which they exist.
1. Computer Science.
2. The development of living orgasms throughout time adapting to the current world in which they live in.
1. Political Science
2. Evolution is the process, brought about by natural selection, that allows species to develop and change so they are more adept at surviving and reproducing.
Note: I'm also a hardcore atheist and tend to debate people a lot, so the biological version is the one I almost always think of first.
Last edited by dewydroplet; 09-13-2016 at 11:40 PM.
1. Going for Physics, hopefully, am not in yet, though, but one can hope
2. Evolution is a process of change, creation and adaptation of species, over the span of millions of years, resulting from the struggle against environmental pressure to survive and leave offspring, in which certain characteristics that give the individuals a lesser chance of surviving long enough to leave offspring are weaned off the populations, and other characteristics that allow for a higher chance of the individuals to survive long enough to leave offspring are favored.
Is that good enough?