64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    IDk if I have any money to send boxes, nor do I have anything to offer I could shove in a box, I mean, I live in the US, like many in here, but could it be letters, or pictures, or IDK? I do seem to have a lot of stamps, and it'd be fun to share some of my experience here before I leave the country.
    Yeah, well this is just brainstorming lol, but you just send pretty much anything you want. Letters, trinkets, candies, whatever. Obviously should be at least a little exciting lol
    i love luna

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (09-12-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    lol TC truth or dare flashbacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    could be fun though hahaha maybe have a few drinks to ease into it XD

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    IDk if I have any money to send boxes, nor do I have anything to offer I could shove in a box, I mean, I live in the US, like many in here, but could it be letters, or pictures, or IDK? I do seem to have a lot of stamps, and it'd be fun to share some of my experience here before I leave the country.
    Just brainstorming so don't worry.
    I was thinking some sort of event like the cKvivor event, but the idea of doing something a little more physical (?) is pretty cool too!

All just brainstorming though, so nothing is set in stone.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    I randomly had this sort of gift box idea. I believe another site did this YEARS and years ago. It was like you make up a little shoebox full of things from your country or little gifts, and it gets sent to another member on clraik.
    I actually really like this idea!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I was kind of wanting to talk to Joe about a Secret Santa?

I think I talked to @(you need an account to see links) about a GFX secret santa, but maybe just a general one as well? Kind of like the reddit one?

I think that'd be pretty sweet.

Thank you Hellraid <3

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Aura (09-13-2016),dwightschrute (09-13-2016)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    551d 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Maybe if people don't want to send packages and whatnot, we could do something simpler like postcards or holiday cards? Still the address issue, but idk?

Something I know I'd be worried about is I don't know if I'm ~active~ enough to be a good match for anybody, butt that might just be a me problem.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    See with the address thing we can kind of go off of Jess' idea of how a host can keep all the addresses and assign each person an address but leave out a name with just a basic profile of the person. Favorite color, interests, etc. That way it stays more anonymous.

I'm not sure if this would work for other countries but you can address like this:

clraik member
    123 Random St
    Los Angeles, CA 90003

That way it would add security to those that worry about giving out their address and it makes it a little more fun (I think.)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexxie For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (09-12-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Maybe all clraik needs is some tweaking here and there and some publicity. I haven't been here long enough and I have no idea what it was like back in the day so correct me if I'm wrong haha
    I think this forum is mainly known for cheating on neopets and as we all know, neopets is dying and clraik will go down with neopets. But yall are still getting new users like me so that tells us that you're on life support; there's still hope

These are all great ideas. Secret santa, and sending a box full of goods from different countries seem like solid ways to bring back users who've drifted away over the years and also involve newer users. But I don't think that's enough to revive a dying forum(?)
    I think they're temporary solutions at most, unless held consistently with variety.

My suggestion is to change things up a little, like the forum layout, header graphics, colors, etc. These can and do become a forum's personality over time, so to speak. This doesn't mean to not modernize to take advantage of improved graphics and functionality with contemporary software and such but moreso to keep in mind a continuity that is familiar and comfortable to the longer term members that are the core strength that sustains a forum over the long haul.

Maybe a section for blogs can be added for the writers in the forum, and also sending out monthly newsletters is something I'd consider.

Bottom line is, clraik should start moving out of it's neopets only identity and start expanding to different topics, like programming and design
    + more publicity

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dwightschrute For This Useful Post:

txtsd (09-14-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/2
    Mentioned
    91 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightschrute View Post
    clraik should start moving out of it's neopets only identity and start expanding to different topics, like programming and design
    + more publicity
    This is a good idea. Even though we already have small subforums for other sites.