34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by morecoffeepls View Post
    Would it be possible to make a Symol Hole script please?
    Quote Originally Posted by morecoffeepls View Post
    Would it be possible to update the Multi-Quest Auto-Completer by Odd script as well?
    I'll get these rebuilt as soon as I can.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Mario2302 (05-17-2022),morecoffeepls (05-07-2022)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    If at all possible, scripts for Neoquest and Neoquest II that allow for keyboard inputs for movement/attacking would be amazing. For the people who enjoy the game and play manually anyway.

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    65d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumiku View Post
    If at all possible, scripts for Neoquest and Neoquest II that allow for keyboard inputs for movement/attacking would be amazing. For the people who enjoy the game and play manually anyway.
    On the (you need an account to see links), under the Userscripts section, there's a link to a (you need an account to see links). I'm not sure if it's for NQ1 or NQ2 or both, I've not personally used it before.

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    On the (you need an account to see links), under the Userscripts section, there's a link to a (you need an account to see links). I'm not sure if it's for NQ1 or NQ2 or both, I've not personally used it before.
    Ah, yeah, that was one of the scripts that actually prompted me to come here and request them. I gave it and various other ones I've googled for a shot but none seemed to work, likely due to their age or changes made to the site in more recent years.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    I love that enthusiasm! The NeoQuests are a couple of my favorite games on the whole site. Especially NeoQuest II. I have some code left over from when I built the auto-players for those games that maps the keyboard to the navigation menu. Let's take a moment to talk out the key mapping for battles, and I'll get a solution going for you. Are you looking for something simple for battle commands, like A = attack, S = flee sort of deal, or do you have something more robust in mind for the mages and the archer?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Shawn (05-17-2022)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I love that enthusiasm! The NeoQuests are a couple of my favorite games on the whole site. Especially NeoQuest II. I have some code left over from when I built the auto-players for those games that maps the keyboard to the navigation menu. Let's take a moment to talk out the key mapping for battles, and I'll get a solution going for you. Are you looking for something simple for battle commands, like A = attack, S = flee sort of deal, or do you have something more robust in mind for the mages and the archer?
    Simple of course would be easier, and I certainly wouldn't complain if you only did the most basic of basics to allow for less painful grinding/navigation in both games and left it at that.

HOWEVER, if you're really wanting to make a deep dive, separating the keyboard into smaller sections for each party member in NQII might be interesting, especially for Velm's healing later on or Talinia's AoE abilities.

Rohane: Q W E R
    Attack/Flee/Maybe one or two items: A S D F
    (The above possibly selectable via altering the script for what you'd like to use. I remember an older NQI script allowing that for potion use.)
    Mipsy: U I O P
    Talinia: H J K L
    Velm: Z X C V

Four buttons each should be plenty to have their core abilities up and ready to go, assuming you are using the arrow keys or the numpad for movement instead of WASD. The overall goal being to minimize use/movement of the mouse since it's cumbersome in an RPG like this. (Though it is very unlikely to be 100% unavoidable due to the nature of the games and how targeting works, but I'm also not a coder myself so I'm probably not the best judge for what is/isn't possible.)
    Last edited by Serebii; 05-17-2022 at 06:56 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Cuppycakey (05-24-2022)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Simple of course would be easier, and I certainly wouldn't complain if you only did the most basic of basics to allow for less painful grinding/navigation in both games and left it at that.

HOWEVER, if you're really wanting to make a deep dive, separating the keyboard into smaller sections for each party member in NQII might be interesting, especially for Velm's healing later on or Talinia's AoE abilities.

Rohane: Q W E R
    Attack/Flee/Maybe one or two items: A S D F
    (The above possibly selectable via altering the script for what you'd like to use. I remember an older NQI script allowing that for potion use.)
    Mipsy: U I O P
    Talinia: H J K L
    Velm: Z X C V

Four buttons each should be plenty to have their core abilities up and ready to go, assuming you are using the arrow keys or the numpad for movement instead of WASD. The overall goal being to minimize use/movement of the mouse since it's cumbersome in an RPG like this. (Though it is very unlikely to be 100% unavoidable due to the nature of the games and how targeting works, but I'm also not a coder myself so I'm probably not the best judge for what is/isn't possible.)
    I'd say let's go all out! Let's do the mapping for characters to specific keys. Would you be opposed to mapping enemy selection to the directional keys during battle? I used the directional keys to navigate the overworld because they were closest to the mouse, but I could map them to W A S D for a more classic keyboard gaming experience if you'd prefer.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Shawn (05-24-2022)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'd say let's go all out! Let's do the mapping for characters to specific keys. Would you be opposed to mapping enemy selection to the directional keys during battle? I used the directional keys to navigate the overworld because they were closest to the mouse, but I could map them to W A S D for a more classic keyboard gaming experience if you'd prefer.
    God I adore you.

I wouldn't be opposed at all! Honestly that would work out beautifully and would allow for a near full keyboard experience like what I'd have been wishing for.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    God I adore you.

I wouldn't be opposed at all! Honestly that would work out beautifully and would allow for a near full keyboard experience like what I'd have been wishing for.
    Ah, awesome! I'll need a bit of time to get a test account up to Velm in the Lost Desert, but I'll keep you updated as I go. Speak soon!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

kittyray (05-17-2022),Serebii (05-17-2022)

Page 130 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast