Thread: Neopets doesn't want to do name purge ?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Neopets doesn't want to do name purge ?

Anyone else also feel this way ? I know some people did manage to get good names during the previous purges . But the numbers of good names released is tiny compare to the numbers of names still rotting on inactive accounts , therefore people sometimes hack into inactive accounts to obtain good names ( actually I don't disagree with that , if you don't let them out in some ways , they will just stay there forever with a crying face ... )

Any ideas why neopets doesn't want to properly do purge ? I mean ... You know the owner is unlikely to come back ... Why not let other people have it if it's already abandoned...... ? Sometimes TNT is way too mysterious...... A good example will be my oldest account , it was literally empty and haven't been logged in for a whole 9 years ! And when I looked at it with my now account , it's still there ...............not purged

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Because that requires some work on the part of Neo staff. They have a hard time answering reports and all that takes is some typing in a reply. As long as those old dead accounts remain in the system they will not bother checking individual pets for possible name resets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Would be great if they purged all accts (and pets in them) that haven't been active in past 2 years. I guess their servers could not handled it - or that's what they've said and I believe them. I mean, they can hardly handle the load if something exiciting happens once per year :p
    Also could clear those shitty names off the pound

I've stalked one pet because of the name, user seen "long long time ago". Makes me sad D:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    13d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Purge has been over with for years now, doubt Jumpstart is gonna do anything like that before neo dies
    Ana's slave <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitynutcase View Post
    Would be great if they purged all accts (and pets in them) that haven't been active in past 2 years. I guess their servers could not handled it - or that's what they've said and I believe them. I mean, they can hardly handle the load if something exiciting happens once per year :p
    Also could clear those shitty names off the pound

I've stalked one pet because of the name, user seen "long long time ago". Makes me sad D:
    Guess I have to disappoint you ... Long long ago may mean "never will be purged even TNT says they will"...... I'm sorry

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    7d 3h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I am sure it's not impossible since on subeta accounts are being automatically set as inactive after a year. They're not deleted out of system (account's still safe) but pet's/account's names are changed when someone else takes them.
    On neo purge like that could be done for 2 years of account's inactivity and delete it fully after like... 4? But will JS ever do something like that? I doubt it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to diamond For This Useful Post:

Raposa (08-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    38d 19h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    JS doesn't have the ability to do the bare minimum for site upkeep, such as fixing the NC and premium issues, putting back the various site features that have been taken down, and responding to tickets. Let alone do extra stuff like purging old accounts.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitynutcase View Post
    Same. It holds a lot of meaning for me. I've given up on a purge, but do find myself checking sales threads here to see if any RN/RW descriptions match the name or the other pet on the account.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Even accounts with pets that were at one point in line for the purge have become available to log into. So Id say the chances of them doing a purge are extremely low, basically non existent.

They probably figure.. Why bother with that when it could potentially cause more lag and stress on their already fragile servers lol
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

11. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

kittyray (08-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Sometimes I miss the lag. Not for the actual lag, but for the complaining. It was much more fun to have a collective action against something instead of four people posting on the boards. I swear the lag made people more active last time it occurred.