67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 14h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by cassadaisy View Post
    Some girl was talking yesterday about getting chain frozen because she warned some people that their information had been posted on neo. That seems like a pretty bs reason to be frozen to me, and I'd be pretty bitter if it happened, but who knows if that was the real reason.
    That girl honestly had it coming. I was lurking the boards that day when all the hackings were happening (it was apparently a RL "friend" hacking her neopets friends accounts because something in real life between them had pissed her off) and the user was posting the list on the board. When I saw her post I believed she was the person doing the hackings because she would just post the list and say "this is the list" under it.

She said she NM'd the people on it the same thing and even one person she had to explain in detail that she was not the hacker, she just found the list and was warning people.

So in summary she got frozen because her choice of words on the matter was very poor lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Extraterrestrial (08-27-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    That girl honestly had it coming. I was lurking the boards that day when all the hackings were happening (it was apparently a RL "friend" hacking her neopets friends accounts because something in real life between them had pissed her off) and the user was posting the list on the board. When I saw her post I believed she was the person doing the hackings because she would just post the list and say "this is the list" under it.

She said she NM'd the people on it the same thing and even one person she had to explain in detail that she was not the hacker, she just found the list and was warning people.

So in summary she got frozen because her choice of words on the matter was very poor lol
    I didn't even know there were hackings going on atm...minus inactive accounts obv.

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 14h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Yep like 4 people got hacked on the PC last night and some are just coming on to see their accounts frozen.

I think one person even said they changed their details recently too so this captcha thing they keep trying to defend is pretty null since the hackings are still happening.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Yep like 4 people got hacked on the PC last night and some are just coming on to see their accounts frozen.

I think one person even said they changed their details recently too so this captcha thing they keep trying to defend is pretty null since the hackings are still happening.
    Reasons why I don't waste my time on the PC

They are often the targets of dumb, poorly done hacking.

Thankfully no one wants my converted pets.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post

Are you sure your account wasn't hacked ? Because lots of the times hackers hack account to use it as a shell to make nps/auto buy , score sending . So they gather the money together and then sell for real dollars and cents . I saw it in a post on other website where a person claims to be a reformed hacker and that's what he said he did in post.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. There were no scores sent on that account, nothing suspicious going on with it. Just me playing with me pets.
    I slept for about 6 hours that night before logging back in and finding out I had been frozen for something I hadn't done lol

Quote Originally Posted by gingerflake View Post
    Reasons why I don't waste my time on the PC

They are often the targets of dumb, poorly done hacking.

Thankfully no one wants my converted pets.
    I've heard that people had their emails compromised. I'm starting to think that no matter how much safety changing your info regularly provides, if someone doesn't make sure their email is secure they'll get hacked. I saw someone saying that most compromised accounts had emails that hadn't changed passwords in a while, or had an outdated recovery email, or no phone attached to the account or no 2-step verification activated. Maybe JumpStart isn't guilty this time lol (not sure tho bc js sucks)
    Last edited by Decepticon; 08-27-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    115/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    58d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I was fairly iced on 5 different accounts and still managed to get 2 of them uniced

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    TNT is lazy, yes, but to the point that they will literally do nothing by default, not uncontrollably freeze you with no prior reason, now they are beginning to move towards actually doing something, but even then, it's not that efficient. If you are sure that it was not your fault, then it's probably someone who reported you, or a hacking into your account.

And by your fault, I mean, any sort of stupid reason that TNT might catch onto, because TNT might be lazy, but at least they have an overbearing flagging system for postings and messages, and a fairly consistent way to monitor in-site activity, and they rely far too much on reports, to the point of believing any user report and jumping the gun before reviewing the information, that's why you've got to act inconspicuous, and try not engage with other users, mainly in ways that may upset them (that's why people say "stay out of the PC" and other stuff), and if you're cheating, make it look... Natural.

And I don't believe in those people saying "I was unfairly frozen" unless they have literally been hacked onto, or have been erroneously reported by someone and TNT took action. And even then, people are not going to admit that they have cheated if they did. That's part of the act. So, even then, I keep an eyebrow raised. But, TBH, it's none of my business what people do with their accounts on the site, as long as they don't make it impossible for others to play along (like those hacking waves that scares people off the site), it's not my job to judge others upon whether it's correct or not to cheat in a gaming website, I don't get paid to do that nor does it give me any gratification to judge so.

But, honestly, so much salt towards TNT in this thread, JFC.
    Last edited by DJ Music Man; 08-27-2016 at 07:15 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Music Man For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (08-27-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    8h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    ive been unfairly frozen for flash game cheating for scoring 1st place in 200m peanut dash, several times on several accounts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrStoned420 For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (08-27-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    115/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    58d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStoned420 View Post
    ive been unfairly frozen for flash game cheating for scoring 1st place in 200m peanut dash, several times on several accounts.
    Was your computer too slow?

My neighbour was frozen a few years ago for playing Feed Florg on a piece of junk with a screen. I saw him play and, I shit you not, the game was running at like 0,5fps He managed to get scores above 300 pretty easily

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    27d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I've been "unfairly frozen" on an illegitimate account. I mean yeah, I was buying shit, but I was frozen because someone thought it would be funny to hack me and post cl advertisements all over the boards. I got the account back, thankfully.

(you need an account to see links)
    ・・♡ custom nc/np outfits ☆・・

pfp/ryu/siggy bar by the amazing (you need an account to see links)
    avatar by the great (you need an account to see links)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunnii For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (08-28-2016),Raposa (08-30-2016)