Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here who REALLY don't mind converted pets ?

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I hate dressing my pets up because for it to look pretty you're either gonna waste a lot of nps or a lost of cash on nc so why even bother with that in the first place lol

I do like wraith pets though so there's that

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I only like baby, maraquan and mutant converted pets since (most) of them look unique and I don't have to waste real money to buy them

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I prefer some of the converteds because of the whole customization-and-morphing/painting aspect, but I'd still love to have a UC or two to call my own, especially if it was a Royalgirl Kau or a Grey Acara. ;-;

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hi everyone . thank you for your opinions . I agree that some pets looks better after conversion and some still remained cute like grundos . But anyone agree some pets like elephante and cybunny ... They are irreversibly ruined , no matter how much you customise them it still doesn't help . Elephantes had the worst hit imo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Folsom For This Useful Post:

halloweenlupe (08-25-2016)

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I beg to differ, I have a handsome Pirate Elephante myself, who looks pretty cool with any costumization I do, mainly with his RB clothes.

I actually like converted much better. First, I'm sorry, but more details or more "expressive" art for me does not equate to good art for me, UC pets reek of the old art in the site that is so flat, and SO 90s, and I don't mean in a "vintage" way, I mean it sucks. And details without quality is like looking at a kid's drawing. It just really looks bad. Besides, there was no standardization on how the lines and the shading and coloring was drawn then, each hired artist drew their own thing, while now, all pets of similar paints have the same trace, and all shading's done the same way, and TBH, I find these pets to have way more expressive faces than the original ones. Of course, there's always an exception or another to my criticism of UC, and some converted pets are just ugly, although, overall, my argument withstands.

Also, all pets of the same species and paint looked the same, so what's the fun? Where's the individuality? Nah, I'd rather have my converted, at least I can change the look of my pet, and even go to extreme lengths to make my pet look unrecognizable to its species, have my own creativity mark in there, and create actual characters out of my pets, instead of having to add drawings to pet lookups people will barely ever look at, to talk about how my own pets look like in my head. Also, it makes it easier for the non artist to be as free to create a character of their own as the artist is.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Music Man For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (08-24-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I don't mind them because it's all I ever had. I played neo at a young age and wasn't good at it, and because of that, after conversion, I never had an UC. I just dealt with converteds since I wasn't good at making NPS and then after the 777 draiks, the decline of the economy etc it made it near impossible to trade for UCS.

There are certain converteds I can't stand though, and I love Uc pets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Happy to hear you like your handsome elephante �� That is cool ! Customisation is a lot of fun , especially the backgrounds �� Yes some of the old arts are flat eg Kiko and Bruce , they significantly improved . But what do you think about Royal colours ? RG pets used to look elegant and actually stands up like Cybunny and Lupe . And now they are just standing on four legs in a standard pose . I don't think customisation can help in Royal cases since you cannot change the entire pose ��

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gingerflake View Post
    I don't mind them because it's all I ever had. I played neo at a young age and wasn't good at it, and because of that, after conversion, I never had an UC. I just dealt with converteds since I wasn't good at making NPS and then after the 777 draiks, the decline of the economy etc it made it near impossible to trade for UCS.

There are certain converteds I can't stand though, and I love Uc pets.
    I am not good at making nps too . Not good at saving up either . Just don't give up if you like UCs if you have a nicely named high bd stat pet , it never hurts to try . Even you just get badly named UCs but that is just the start . I actually find the majority of UC owners very nice and easy to talk to don't suggest you offer on RW/RN pets with BD pets because they are usually picky and in some cases , may ignore you . Just my personal opinion though

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Folsom For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (08-24-2016),halloweenlupe (08-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I personally think the worst hit by conversion was the chombies. My favorite pet in the whole game when I was in 7th grade playing was the Cloud Chomby, I loved that thing so much. Saved up the 400k at the time for a could PB which for me meant playing games everyday and quite the commitment for that age, since I really wasn't supposed to be on the computer much anyway. I even tried to draw it and stuff I was so into that pet. If they had an UC cloud chomby I would go for it FOR SURE even if it was on mutant tier or whatever lol Man I would want one of those.
    The closest to old chomby artwork is the mara chomby because they have that old adorable face, but still not the same . . .

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you to Monsters for this beautiful gif. <3 (It died with tinypic, press F)
    @Andrew 15!!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I don't mind the converts. I have dislikes and likes in both genres of pets. Like I hate UC Halloween lupes and mutant usuls but don't mind they're converted counter parts.

I've heard the argument before that "all ucs look the same, I like converteds because I can dress mine to look different" so there's that. But at the end of the day it's just a drawing that looks like everyone else's drawing. Just yours has a pink wig. At least with ucs you can, for a brief moment, feel better then the pcers huddling on gifting boards begging for "any uc! Please I don't care!" And that reason only my friend, is why I like ucs more.
    That and I don't have to buy as much nc to make my accounts look nice.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Patches For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I traded off all of my UCs. I obviously prefer the art, who doesn't?

However, customising is fun when you get into it, you can develop a character more if you're into that sort of thing. There's a lot you can do to make a converted pet different, where there isn't that much option when it comes to UCs.

I'm also funny about names, and unless a UC was perfectly named I just couldn't cope with it at all. So instead of the UCs I have, I now have all RW pets that match. :p

Personally, I would rather all pets be converted so we can get back to pets actually being WORTH trading. Now it's all about UCs and it's just a bore.

I HATE the pose though, the fist thing really bugs me because I don't usually have my pets holding something so it just looks odd, looks like that fist baby meme and it annoys me.

Most UC pets are just outdated and ugly, however Faeries and Royals and to some extent Greys have forever been ruined, especially the Kyriis. I wish they had kept Faeries and Royals as they are and converted everything else.
    Last edited by Howl; 08-24-2016 at 04:33 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Howl For This Useful Post: