Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Guys Think Neopets Will Ever Come Back?

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    It's gonna take a miracle to get Neopets back to the way it was in its golden years. The site is still active enough to stay afloat, though. As long as they've still got enough active and dedicated users (they do) and JumpFART is still making money (they are), it will remain open.

With proper care and the right owners, I think the site can change for the better. In a perfect world, it'd be community owned and running on volunteer work and donations instead of being screwed around with by a money-hungry corporation... but that's highly unlikely.
    Last edited by Raposa; 09-06-2016 at 12:34 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yea looks like majority people don't see bright future for Neo , but hey tbh , it still has its attractions , while people complaining how hard is it to achieve their goals on Neo , that is actually a attractive point , I used to be a huge fan of sims 3 and sims 4 , because there is so much you can do , but soon after few months , I got bored of it and deleted sims , because everything in that game is too easy to achieve, you basically just repeat everything , you can create 100 sims named "Annie" but on Neo , if you own say a RN or RW pet , that's it , it's the only one and nobody else can have it ~

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    What they have now is all they're going to have.
    Personally, if I were a new player who decided to give it a shot, I'd be gone within the first day. It's old and antiquated, and to be frank there's a hell of a lot better games out there that are less buggy, more entertaining, and not like taking a giant leap back into 2007. Who could possibly see a future in a site where half the shit doesn't work half the time? Even Gaia, as fucked as it is, Runescape, and Habbo upgraded themselves to cater to a newer generation of internet users.

Expectations are too high on the web now, seeing as it's 2016, and Neopets falls flat on delivering.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Creme For This Useful Post:

Raposa (09-08-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Pokemon Go has proved that things can survive on nostalgia alone(or mostly anyway) if proper technology is utilized and the whole "4 kids" thing is dropped. Honestly, I don't think Neopets is set out as a children's site. It is mostly language based and kids are illiterate and unable to speak fluently for many years. I think JS of all people is beginning to realize that and not FREAK OUT if someone mentions Facebook or whatever like Viacom did.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to unknowable For This Useful Post:

Raposa (09-08-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by unknowable View Post
    Pokemon Go has proved that things can survive on nostalgia alone(or mostly anyway) if proper technology is utilized and the whole "4 kids" thing is dropped. Honestly, I don't think Neopets is set out as a children's site. It is mostly language based and kids are illiterate and unable to speak fluently for many years. I think JS of all people is beginning to realize that and not FREAK OUT if someone mentions Facebook or whatever like Viacom did.
    The user and fanbase of pokemon is much much bigger than neopets ever had though. Nostalgia is nice, but I know from myself that I'm usually bored with it again after a month or so of doing dailies.

There is only so much you can do in neopets unfortunately.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 1h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think is still going decently at the moment , biggest problem is the old topic - ticket system

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by unknowable View Post
    Pokemon is way bigger & active than Neopets though... so you can't really make that argument/comparison. Pokemon isn't just Pokemon Go.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sica View Post
    Pokemon is way bigger & active than Neopets though... so you can't really make that argument/comparison. Pokemon isn't just Pokemon Go.
    Very true but if TNT tried REALLY hard, they could be a way suckier and far smaller Pokemon Go. Ride those coattails, TNT!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 1h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Honestly I don't think they are under stuffed . Back two years ago , when my shell account contained a brought UC got hacked , I reported my shell account , it got frozen immediately and I got that account back by ticket after 1 month . ( well that shell was registered by me just for the purpose to store Illegit UC so I have the original email ) I rather think TNT sometimes purposely choose to ignore tickets . Like " oh this one needs lots of prove and I can't be bothered " or " this one will take some investigations so just put it aside and let it rot "

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    No lol, the market isn't there.
    Kids have moved on to full-on DS to later adapt to smartphones and tablets