127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Simple Pokemon go guide for starters

When you first open the game you get your starters as normal but what not people know is you can get Pikachu as well! O_o all you do is walk or run away literally because the starters will follow you and takes about 5mins or less for Pikachu to show.

Ok if you don't mind spending few bucks as a investment of sorts theirs lucky eggs in the shop they give double EXP for 30mins, Every pokemon you catch gives you 500exp so that will go too 1000exp and if you use incense as well you lure Pokemons to you exp pay day!

Exp becomes harder to come by so this is the best way to start

If you feel lazy you can also buy a Lure Mod(last 30mins) and put it on a Pokestop to lure Pokemon to your location, After few test myself you get about the same amount pokemon as walking for 30mins. Lure Mods will help you capture Pokemon not found in your current area as well.

Eggs, You'll get these from Pokestops roughly every 5-8th one i've visited 150+ pokestops so far and thats what i got. The eggs you find can take between 2km-10km (here in australia) to hatch that's what i've found, In the shop and this is by far the best investment besides exp but end game wise is Egg Incubator device 150 points to get but you can had all 9 eggs going as once!!! OMG!!

End game!! CP seems to be able to get into the thousands and you can capture pokemon with 500-1000 CP once you get high enough level and as the pokemon CP gets higher you they become hard to capture and even run away!!

Spending candies etc is pointless under level 15 and you should save them up and stardust too so don't spend!!! Or you'll pay for it later!

Catching Pokemon:
    If you press and hold down the ball then move your finger in a fast circle motion it will get a sparkle visual and you'll be able to throw curve balls this is also better when catching higher CP pokemons.

When catching pokemon you get a circle around pokemon and detracts you need to throw the ball inside that circle for Great, Excellent and good throws, Excellent throws will help you capture high CP pokemon easier, after level 8 you get Rass Berries and you can feed these to the pet to make it easier to capture.

Gyms: best way to conquer gyms it with other people helping otherwise you can get rekt and nothing to show for it! It's how it was designed.

In Gyms you also get free stuff and defender bonus even if you're the weakest in the gym you still get defender bonus!! So take advantage!

Lastly CP gets onto the thousands so don't spend candies i must stress this lol.

Sorry for grammar i sucked at english in school!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Naked Gamer For This Useful Post:

70spurple (07-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I disagree with the "don't spend candies and stardust idea."

In order to level up quickly, you have to spend them. Without spending money you can only hold 250 pokemon. This will be filled with low-end pokemon and many duplicates. Evolving those crappy pokemon doesn't waste candies (because candies are pokemon-specific)..this also gives you 1000 EXP for evolving, which is very useful. It doesn't use stardust either, so evolving your crappy pokemon that you have many of (I'm looking at you, Pidgey and Rattata!) is only beneficial.
    Also, you shouldn't underestimate the benefit of transferring duplicate pokemon to Professor Willow. For each transfer you get +1 candy for that pokemon and some EXP (I forgot the value..+100 maybe?). This clears up space to hold new pokemon and allows you to collect lots of pokemon candy. This further supports my point that saving pokemon-specific candies isn't really necessary and can only hold you back from leveling up quickly.
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Simple Pokemon go guide for starters

Quote Originally Posted by Urbex View Post
    I disagree with the "don't spend candies and stardust idea."

In order to level up quickly, you have to spend them. Without spending money you can only hold 250 pokemon. This will be filled with low-end pokemon and many duplicates. Evolving those crappy pokemon doesn't waste candies (because candies are pokemon-specific)..this also gives you 1000 EXP for evolving, which is very useful. It doesn't use stardust either, so evolving your crappy pokemon that you have many of (I'm looking at you, Pidgey and Rattata!) is only beneficial.
    Also, you shouldn't underestimate the benefit of transferring duplicate pokemon to Professor Willow. For each transfer you get +1 candy for that pokemon and some EXP (I forgot the value..+100 maybe?). This clears up space to hold new pokemon and allows you to collect lots of pokemon candy. This further supports my point that saving pokemon-specific candies isn't really necessary and can only hold you back from leveling up quickly.
    I disagree with you because as you get higher level you get higher CP pokemon so you could use those to evolve much higher CP pokemon.

I've seen people here in Aus with 2k CP pokemon already and i've seen pics from testers with pokemon around 5k CP so you could use lots of candy and stardust at those higher pokemon!

Evolving is fine if you get loads of candies i guess for EXP

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    I disagree with you because as you get higher level you get higher CP pokemon so you could use those to evolve much higher CP pokemon.

I've seen people here in Aus with 2k CP pokemon already and i've seen pics from testers with pokemon around 5k CP so you could use lots of candy and stardust at those higher pokemon!

Evolving is fine if you get loads of candies i guess for EXP

So are you saying just transfer all the easy-to-get Pokemon in order to get the candies and stardust? Then once you get the easy-to-get pokemon later (with higher CP) evolve those?
    That makes sense to me, but you could just get yourself into the loop of thinking "In x more levels, they'll have higher CP so I'll wait" and then endlessly keep waiting. Also, the common pokemon that I'm talking about are weak in battle, their attacks are relatively low, regardless of CP. To me, it makes more sense to not worry about them and count on rare pokemon for battle.
    I think both our methods make sense, it just depends if you want to level quickly or if you want higher CP common pokemon later in the game.
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbex View Post
    So are you saying just transfer all the easy-to-get Pokemon in order to get the candies and stardust? Then once you get the easy-to-get pokemon later (with higher CP) evolve those?
    That makes sense to me, but you could just get yourself into the loop of thinking "In x more levels, they'll have higher CP so I'll wait" and then endlessly keep waiting. Also, the common pokemon that I'm talking about are weak in battle, their attacks are relatively low, regardless of CP. To me, it makes more sense to not worry about them and count on rare pokemon for battle.
    I think both our methods make sense, it just depends if you want to level quickly or if you want higher CP common pokemon later in the game.
    True but star dust is hard to get so makes sense to wait.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    With regards to lucky eggs, plan ahead before you use one. Either wait until you're in a place with new pokemon for you (like a beach if you're from the city), or do what I'm doing- save up trash pokemon candies. When I set off my lucky egg, I have a buttload of things ready to evolve, just for the 1000exp it'll net me. Pokestops are 50exp a pop too, so that can be easy double exp too, especially if you're one of those lucky people with a plethora of pokestops around.

I'm also in the "don't power up yet" camp. The max CP for your Pokemon does increase with your trainer level, so if you really wanted to power up lowbie stuff it does still have the potential to be beast later, but it'll end up costing you a lot more.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    34d 1h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Pikachu arrives on the 5th reset of starter pokemon appearing. Also apparently clicking the balls if you don't obtain it returns them to you, I haven't tested this because I ran out of balls hehe
    Last edited by 5945; 07-12-2016 at 07:59 AM.