Thread: fr marketplace restocking guide (sniping!)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    63d 16h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m

fr marketplace restocking guide (sniping!)

flight rising marketplace restocking guide
    (note: this is a legit guide, 0 chance of you getting in trouble for this, etc)

what is the marketplace?
    the (you need an account to see links) (or mp for short) is a general shop of sorts that can be found on the sidebar to the left under the "shop" category. it sells essentially every item that isn't swipp/gathering/chest/coli exclusive, retired, or cycled out at a standard price (hoard sell price x10), including the more rare and expensive ones, so it's definitely a worthy investment if you know what to grab! note that this guide is talking about the treasure marketplace, not the gem one, as the gem one doesn't restock. it's also pretty much how i make all of my money.

how often does it restock?
    it restocks in increments of 5 minutes (:00, :05...) note that there may be a bit of a delay, so keep refreshing for ~5 seconds after the minute. sometimes it won't restock at all though, and it might even do this multiple times in a row >:(

*refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh*

the marketplace is also completely purged of all items on every even hour (2:00, 4:00, 6:00, 8:00, 10:00, 12:00... fr time) though it's known to occasionally restock at the same time the purge occurs.

what should i be looking for?
    the best place to restock is the apparel section, though the familiars and specialty sections can be good investments too when a new familiar/gene has just been released or if your flight has dominance. this guide is just going to focus on apparel, though, because it's the main one i use and apparel profitability doesn't fluctuate nearly as quickly as it does for familiars (though it definitely still fluctuates).

when restocking you should be carrying at least 20,000t, but going above that is much more comfortable and allows for more flexibility should multiple good items show up at once.

here's a list of some stuff i've learned usually nets a good profit, but please keep in mind that this guide is not perfect and and due to the fluctuating nature of apparel prices it may not necessarily be up to date at all times.

--- THE HOLY TRINITY OF PROFIT ---
    golden wing silks, black wolf cape, & gossamer wing silks

depending on the market you'll profit anywhere from 20-100k+ with these bad boys.

--- good/great profit ---
    diaphanous, ember, scarlet, twilight, siren & grove sylvan wings
    blood red, brown, gold & grey wolf capes
    sky blue & celadon wing silks
    traditional broadsword

these are relatively stable and will almost always net you a nice profit, but occasionally the wolf capes and wing silks will take a dip in value (if that's the case give it a week or so and the market will likely recover).

how do i snipe these items before someone else does?
    --- this method does not work on safari ---

here it is...the secret ultimate left hand position for sniping (in my opinion):

with your pinky finger on the "tab" key and your thumb on the spacebar, use your right hand on your mouse/trackpad to start refreshing at the :00 second mark (ex: 5:45:00 pm) by clicking on the apparel tab under the big word marketplace:

if the mp restocks and you see a good item, use your right hand on the mouse/trackpad to click buy as soon as possible, then press the tab key and spacebar in rapid succession (tab, then spacebar, not both at once). if you manage to smack those keys in time, you'll have sniped the item!

the tab key + spacebar trick is a much faster alternative to having to move your mouse to the "yes" button and click it manually, as the tab key will select the "yes" button and the spacebar will "click" it.

if you're very fast or if profitable items stocked in high numbers, you can use this to snipe multiple different items before they disappear! often restocks will run over into the next page of the mp; make sure you check both page 1 and 2 before you're done.

a shitty gif of me using this method to (poorly) snipe a pair of grove sylvan bracelets (this was back when sylvan stuff was new and the whole set was valuable)

alright, i got some cool stuff. what now?
    reselling! the auction house (or ah) is about to be your best friend if it isn't already. search up the item you just bought and list it for 1t or 1g less than the lowest going price (some people have different methods but this is mine). depending on what items/how many things you're selling you should get some purchases rolling in shortly after, but if things become weirdly quiet you might want to check and see if someone is underselling you, and if so, undersell them back! if the underseller listed theirs for a ridiculously low amount just buy theirs and sell it for the same price as your other one.

note that listing an item for a shorter length of time (1 day instead of 3 or 7) will nab you a a smaller processing fee:

1 day = 1% processing fee (list an item for 100,000t, lose 1,000t)
    3 days = 2% processing fee (list an item for 100,000t, lose 2,000t)
    7 days = 3% processing fee (list an item for 100,000t, lose 3,000t)
    also keep in mind that listing an item for gems instead of treasure allows you to completely avoid fees.

tips
    • certain items with ' in their name (ex: infectionist's sash) won't show any results when searched for in the auction house. if this happens, try replacing the ' with a % and search again.
    • seasonal items like winter wind, spring's breath, summer swelter, and autumn breeze won't net you much of a profit while they're still available, but their values will spike during the other seasons when they cycle out. consider investing in some!!
    • the mp continues to restock during site downtime/rollover at 00:00 fr time. if you're quick and australian (or willing to stay up late) you can keep an eye on it and grab the good stuff when 00:30 hits.

hope you enjoyed!! please let me know if i've made any mistakes here or if you have any tips you're willing to let me add to the guide. happy treasure making ✌
    Last edited by hissi; 03-01-2017 at 12:57 PM. Reason: fixed broken images

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hissi For This Useful Post:

Lapis (05-31-2016),Oryx (06-01-2016),Steampowered (06-10-2016),Strat (06-01-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Thank you for taking the time to write this

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oryx For This Useful Post:

hissi (06-01-2016)