3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

just shit.

So, I haven't really been active over the past week or so, my friend has suffered from leukaemia for the past three years, going in and out of remission, battling hard, fighting hard and he always had a smile on his face. Last night I went out for my friend's birthday and we were having a good dance, at one AM I got a phone call from his girlfriend, I rang her back thinking "This is odd, why's she ringing me this late", turns out he had gone into kidney, liver and respiratory failure and was on a ventilator, and they suspected a brain bleed. They made him DNACPR and said if there was no sign of improvement within the next 12 hours, they were going to discontinue treatment due to how advanced things had got with him, the only reason they gave him this 'grace period' was because he had been in a similar condition before and pulled through. The family had also asked for only family and his girlfriend to visit him.

Today I was sitting at home, eating my lunch and my phone rang. His heart has stopped and he's gone. My friend of 7 years is gone. I think the only thing keeping me going right now and not having some huge breakdown over it all is the fact I now know he isn't in pain anymore. But fuck. Just fuck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackaroo For This Useful Post:

siaospear (05-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    I am so, so sorry to hear about your loss. I've had some scary encounters with cancer myself.
    Like you said, at least he isn't in pain anymore. And you were his friend throughout his treatment; That's what he would've been so grateful for.
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Oh wow I am so sorry honestly go have a good cry. It will help relieve some of the pain, not all but a slight bit in just this moment.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 12m
    Sorry to hear about your loss, dude. Sometimes in life you get hit with these hard times... can't imagine what you're going through. Stay strong and try to keep your head up.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    51d 10h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    So sorry for your loss
    *hugs*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm so sorry for your loss I know it must feel horrible, I too lost my best friend a couple of years ago and her death was in one of the worst ways possible. It's okay to just cry, if people tell you not to, fuck them, you can cry your heart out till your eyes go dry. We're here for you to talk to, if you ever need a chat buddy, we could talk about anything from pokemon to the wonders of the world. Wait..aren't those both the same? Anyhow, I'm sure your friend is in a better place and he's smiling, knowing that he had the best friend life could give him and he wants you to be happy. You don't have to get over this now, you don't have to get over it ever, but know that he would want you to be happy <3

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evil Pastry For This Useful Post:

Cath (05-29-2016),potatoespotate (05-29-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    im so sorry man thats awful hope yall are doin ok

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I don't even know what to say, I can't imagine what that must feel like to lose a friend in that way. My heart goes out to you and to his family.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    15h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm so sorry for you loss. I lost a very good friend two years ago to leukaemia, he didn't suffer much thought, he and his family found out friday night and by sunday he was gone. Have a good cry and just let all that pain go. My prays go to you, his family, and friends.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 13h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I'm sure he's extremely grateful that he had such a wonderful friend in you, and you can treasure the memories you two had together. Make sure you let yourself grieve in any way you wish. Stay strong, and remember we're all here for you on ck <3