Thread: Is it possible to sell a UC without jeopardizing my accounts?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    8d 8h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Question Is it possible to sell a UC without jeopardizing my accounts?

Alright. Hi. It's been a while. I really don't dig Neopets anymore and I could really use some extra cash, so I'm looking to get rid of some nice high-end UCs that I bought from here years ago. The only problem is, they're on accounts I care dearly about and I really don't want to lose them even if I don't really like the game anymore, just in case I ever get back into it.

I know if I sold it to someone who is smart about what they do with the UC, I will probably (?) be okay, but I can't guarantee that so I was wondering if there's anything I can do on my end to try and make the process safer for my accounts? The UCs are all on different accounts but linked with the same email, and they've been inactive for a while, if that matters.

Is it possible to do this with little to no risk involved or am I out of luck? D:

(Hopefully this isn't a question that's been asked a million times already, I apologize if so!)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    You could move the UCs you want to sell into shell accounts (different IP and mail from your real accounts of course) and wait a couple months before selling them. If the UCs don't have any previous cache and are not well known on Neopets then you'll be safe. If the UCs are known though, I would keep on the shell for 5+ months before selling so your real accounts are safer

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Is your account known? Are your pets PC safe?

If your account looks legit and you haven't excessively gifted pets out in the past, I don't think anyone would bat an eye if you "gifted" pets out to "friends." Put "quitting" on your lookup and slowly "gift" out as you sell. This is really only suspicious if you make it a big production of it on the PC. I've had friends do this with high-end pets and they were fine. I would just be careful about who you sell to.

I personally wouldn't put the pets on shells if you've successfully secured them on your personal accounts, ESPECIALLY if your account is known. Why would you randomly send your high end pets to shells? I could see this working if you wanted to play these as your "side" accounts if that is the route you wanted to go.

I love Jess

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roslyn For This Useful Post:

Dreams (03-02-2016),xCarRadio (03-02-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    8d 8h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Well, my main is well known but the pets are on sides which are next-to-unknown. Pets are not PC safe in the sense they were bought and no longer have caches since the accounts were inactive for so long (only like 6months-1year tops though).

The things with shells is that feels almost just as unsafe as selling them directly off of my sides. ;u; I don't think I could pull off making the shells look like sides as well since the pets would be coming from sides already? I never really got too much into the buying/especially selling thing with UCs though so I am admittedly pretty clueless as to what's a good option and what isn't.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    As long as they are secure they shouldn't pose a risk

I've sold PC safe/secure pets with no problems. Just as long as your seller doesn't run onto the PC screaming "Look who I just got"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suicune For This Useful Post:

ladyoftheflowers (03-04-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyoftheflowers View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

Well, my main is well known but the pets are on sides which are next-to-unknown. Pets are not PC safe in the sense they were bought and no longer have caches since the accounts were inactive for so long (only like 6months-1year tops though).

The things with shells is that feels almost just as unsafe as selling them directly off of my sides. ;u; I don't think I could pull off making the shells look like sides as well since the pets would be coming from sides already? I never really got too much into the buying/especially selling thing with UCs though so I am admittedly pretty clueless as to what's a good option and what isn't.
    If it was me, I'd just do the quitting/gifting thing. (: It sounds like these pets are safe. I would warn buyers they aren't PC safe so to tread there with caution.
    I wish I could tell you there was a fool proof way of not being frozen, but there isn't. But I think you'll be OK.

I love Jess

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

I'd love to know what opinions successful sellers have on how much correspondence on neopets the buyer/seller should have about why the pet is being given away/adopted out direct sales situations (i.e. one main/side account to another, not from shells)