View Poll Results: Do you like this challenge?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • dont really like it, would rather something else

20 68.97%
  • Like it and enjoying it so far

9 31.03%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on current challenge? (Poll)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I already referred one person!!!!! Im going to win

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I'll get this out of the way right now - I didn't make this thread because I thought anybody wanted to attack me or anything like that. Even if that were the case, I can handle some comments that are negative, I've been through much worse before. Second, some of the comments I have heard, not just the ones in this thread, about me trying to suck up to Joe, about the tshirts being for sale, all of that is just ridiculous. I have no reason to suck up to Joe. Im not, nor have I ever made any attempt to get back on staff. Joe and I have spoken a few times and I think we are all moving past things.

I was not aware that there would be such issues with this challenge, but there were so this thread was necessary. I'll explain a little more about my thoughts and such, in order to clear the air.

The tshirt design was meant as something fun and creative to do. You could have drawn something yourself, you could have looked around for bad ass fonts to use with a nifty background. You could have even customized a particular pet to make it look like something that encompasses all of ck. Idk, you could have done anything lol. Idk where the issue with artists wanting credit if the shirts were going to be sold came from. You're reading far too deep into this GAME. None of these challenges came from anywhere but me. I asked @(you need an account to see links) for some suggestions about challenges that were used on other sites but everything so far has been my idea from stuff I've put together.

The video/referral contest was something I came up with on the fly. I figured anybody could make a video. You don't even have to be good at graphics. You could showcase all kinds of things. You could even advertise a giveaway to pull people to ck. I didn't think going out to try and get more people to join the community would be an issue either. It doesn't take much effort. You could advertise on site, make YouTube vids, advertise on other online gaming sites, other forums, anywhere. I never thought showing off all the great activities, discussions and people on ck in an attempt to attract more great people would have been that difficult.

One of the main reasons things are sort of tossed together was this competition started far later than I intended it to. Staff thought there were too many competitions going on around Christmas, when I wanted it to start, so it got pushed until after the new year. I had time back then to devote to in depth things, time that I currently do not. I know many people here are busy busy as well but it took awhile to get everything ready behind the scenes initially and then each week to set things up, score them, answer questions and wrap it all up

As of right now, seems like most people don't like the challenge so Id rather not make you do something you don't enjoy. I wanted to get a little something going because in all the years I have been here, which is all of them lol, this time of year is usually the slowest. Something other than post this many times and win, or pick a number and win happen all the time and they are incredibly easy. Something like this just required more time than it seems I can give on my own atm.

Sooooo with that, I think Im going to put survivor on hold and reevaluate things a bit. Kylae offered to help run things with me, as have a few other people. Idk whether im going to completely reopen sign ups or what will happen. I don't want to start any arguments or cause any unwanted tension. So let's just take a step back, give me a little time to look over things and plan a bit, then cKvivor will be back
    I'll leave this open for now!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (02-03-2016),Aura (02-03-2016),Bettser (02-03-2016),Binah (02-03-2016),Cath (02-03-2016),Daviid (02-04-2016),Mama Bear (02-03-2016),potatoespotate (02-04-2016),Pusheen (02-03-2016),Skarner (02-03-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I'll get this out of the way right now - I didn't make this thread because I thought anybody wanted to attack me or anything like that. Even if that were the case, I can handle some comments that are negative, I've been through much worse before. Second, some of the comments I have heard, not just the ones in this thread, about me trying to suck up to Joe, about the tshirts being for sale, all of that is just ridiculous. I have no reason to suck up to Joe. Im not, nor have I ever made any attempt to get back on staff. Joe and I have spoken a few times and I think we are all moving past things.

I was not aware that there would be such issues with this challenge, but there were so this thread was necessary. I'll explain a little more about my thoughts and such, in order to clear the air.

The tshirt design was meant as something fun and creative to do. You could have drawn something yourself, you could have looked around for bad ass fonts to use with a nifty background. You could have even customized a particular pet to make it look like something that encompasses all of ck. Idk, you could have done anything lol. Idk where the issue with artists wanting credit if the shirts were going to be sold came from. You're reading far too deep into this GAME. None of these challenges came from anywhere but me. I asked @(you need an account to see links) for some suggestions about challenges that were used on other sites but everything so far has been my idea from stuff I've put together.

The video/referral contest was something I came up with on the fly. I figured anybody could make a video. You don't even have to be good at graphics. You could showcase all kinds of things. You could even advertise a giveaway to pull people to ck. I didn't think going out to try and get more people to join the community would be an issue either. It doesn't take much effort. You could advertise on site, make YouTube vids, advertise on other online gaming sites, other forums, anywhere. I never thought showing off all the great activities, discussions and people on ck in an attempt to attract more great people would have been that difficult.

One of the main reasons things are sort of tossed together was this competition started far later than I intended it to. Staff thought there were too many competitions going on around Christmas, when I wanted it to start, so it got pushed until after the new year. I had time back then to devote to in depth things, time that I currently do not. I know many people here are busy busy as well but it took awhile to get everything ready behind the scenes initially and then each week to set things up, score them, answer questions and wrap it all up

As of right now, seems like most people don't like the challenge so Id rather not make you do something you don't enjoy. I wanted to get a little something going because in all the years I have been here, which is all of them lol, this time of year is usually the slowest. Something other than post this many times and win, or pick a number and win happen all the time and they are incredibly easy. Something like this just required more time than it seems I can give on my own atm.

Sooooo with that, I think Im going to put survivor on hold and reevaluate things a bit. Kylae offered to help run things with me, as have a few other people. Idk whether im going to completely reopen sign ups or what will happen. I don't want to start any arguments or cause any unwanted tension. So let's just take a step back, give me a little time to look over things and plan a bit, then cKvivor will be back
    I'll leave this open for now!
    Just wanted to say again we really appreciate you taking the time to do this and I would be happy to help you out as well. Even by having another person take mails for you, makes your life easier.

And by putting this on hold, do you mean doing it at a later date, and with a re-roll of teams? Chances are people may not even be active later on to compete, and I'm sure others still want to join.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (02-03-2016),I_royalty_I (02-03-2016),Pusheen (02-03-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Just wanted to say again we really appreciate you taking the time to do this and I would be happy to help you out as well. Even by having another person take mails for you, makes your life easier.

And by putting this on hold, do you mean doing it at a later date, and with a re-roll of teams? Chances are people may not even be active later on to compete, and I'm sure others still want to join.
    Thank you thank you. Gonna take some time to go over things again. This season will basically be a wash for the time being, unless by some miracle I organize everything again. Might be better to just start fresh though. Idk yet
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I agree 10000000%.
    I know you can handle the "negative" comments, Andrew, but we really do appreciate all the hard work you've done, even if it feels like we didn't.
    I've run events in the past for guilds and what-not, and nobody even understands the amount of time it takes to coordinate tasks and activities for as many people as we had going into this - even what seems like the simplest tasks.
    Comparing all the team answers to everyone's individual answers in that last challenge?
    Ugh, I don't even want to think about it.
    But you were up to the challenge.

If there's any way I can help out in the future, just holler.
    Sad to see it put on hold, but I understand the frustration and honestly, with the tension right now over the game, it's just kinda silly.

...I just wanted to design a shirt with some bullshit quote & bad clipart and I'd have been thrilled to rep cK with it, just for the record.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Aska (02-03-2016),I_royalty_I (02-03-2016),Lyric (02-03-2016),Maison (02-03-2016),Pusheen (02-03-2016)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I'm happy to add my name to the pool of volunteer helpers, if you like.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (02-04-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I think this was the right decision to take. I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Thanks for making this community a lot better Andrew. <3 You know where to find me if you need my help. Thanks for everything, ily.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (02-04-2016)