Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Unites States let Syrian refugees in??

Hybrid View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m

Should the Unites States let Syrian refugees in??

There has been a lot of talk about "Should we let Syrian refugees in?"
    What are your guys opinions on this? Should we let them in or keep them out??

Economic reasons
    Safety reasons
    Should we focus on our local homeless instead??

I want to hear your guys opinions!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maison For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (11-18-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Should the Unites States let Syrian refugees in??

As a Aussie I say yes because they are interviewed and test etc before coming in and let's face it the dude down the street could be making a bomb at this point.

Here in Aus we are starting to let them in now and homing them etc for a better life.

I personally think and due to there country being ripped apart for years now it's a good thing to help the people that need it, all those African ads helping them why not help another country as well since everyone needs help at some point.

If you had your leg blown off do you expect people to help you? Yes? Why not help them too?

We are all human! Stand together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Naked Gamer; 11-18-2015 at 06:36 AM.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Naked Gamer For This Useful Post:

Aska (11-18-2015),Aura (11-18-2015),Ghosts (11-18-2015),Goten (11-18-2015),Maison (11-18-2015),Persephone (11-19-2015),Pusheen (11-18-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 13h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Yes and no. The issue right now is that they are expediting the process, which means that they will not be fully screened prior to entering the US. If that's the case, then I say no, they should not be allowed in. They should have to endure the same process that every immigrant endures when entering the country. In addition, fleeing a country in civil war isn't exactly helpful to their country. They need to fight for their country, not run away from it. I do understand that many people are suffering from their civil war, but something needs to be done in their country rather than them moving into other countries.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Shizuku (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Yes and no. The issue right now is that they are expediting the process, which means that they will not be fully screened prior to entering the US. If that's the case, then I say no, they should not be allowed in. They should have to endure the same process that every immigrant endures when entering the country. In addition, fleeing a country in civil war isn't exactly helpful to their country. They need to fight for their country, not run away from it. I do understand that many people are suffering from their civil war, but something needs to be done in their country rather than them moving into other countries.
    Immigrants are different than refugees. Their situation is much more urgent. They're not relocating because they want to.
    These are families who have children. They are not military members. Most want no part of this. To say that they need to remain in a conflict zone and fight is absurd.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainey For This Useful Post:

Jeongyeon (11-18-2015),Ribbon (11-18-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 13h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by RaineyM View Post
    Immigrants are different than refugees. Their situation is much more urgent. They're not relocating because they want to.
    These are families who have children. They are not military members. Most want no part of this. To say that they need to remain in a conflict zone and fight is absurd.
    You don't need to be a military member to fight. In fact, more people should get trained to fight. We live in the age that it's necessary. Israel is one country who has this done. Also, the US had its own civil war. Some people fled while others stayed to fight. Now the US is united. Civil war happens in nearly every country at one point in its history. I'm not saying what's happening to them isn't horrible, it is! I just don't believe that the US should welcome more than the original agreement of 10,000 people, and all of those should be screened prior to entering the country.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Shizuku (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    You don't need to be a military member to fight. In fact, more people should get trained to fight. We live in the age that it's necessary. Israel is one country who has this done. Also, the US had its own civil war. Some people fled while others stayed to fight. Now the US is united. Civil war happens in nearly every country at one point in its history. I'm not saying what's happening to them isn't horrible, it is! I just don't believe that the US should welcome more than the original agreement of 10,000 people, and all of those should be screened prior to entering the country.
    In your opinion, are we saying that everyone should be trained in combat or just those in the middle east? So mandatory conscription? (It seems really impractical in places like the states, and also impossible in conflict zones. They train/recruit to kill, not defend.)
    The problem with ISIS extends way beyond a simple "civil war" and whether we like it or not, U.S. played a large role in the conflict.

EDIT: and I just want to add that this is not a fight focusing certain rights or land, it's basically their version of ethnic cleansing. I don't quite consider it a civil war.
    Last edited by Rainey; 11-20-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I think the "take care of our homeless first" is bullshit. Nobody gave a rat's ass about the homeless and now that we're taking in refugees they want to use it as an argument.

My thought is that we already have ISIS members inside the states way before all this. They're living in the suburbs slowly planning America's demise.

@_@ I'm also not really sure how the (currently 9?) states who are supposedly refusing refugees can enforce this... =\

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by RaineyM View Post
    I think the "take care of our homeless first" is bullshit. Nobody gave a rat's ass about the homeless and now that we're taking in refugees they want to use it as an argument.

My thought is that we already have ISIS members inside the states way before all this. They're living in the suburbs slowly planning America's demise.

@_@ I'm also not really sure how the (currently 9?) states who are supposedly refusing refugees can enforce this... =\
    Agreed About homeless that is BS the way they use them and besides I don't see anyone's hands up in the government to volunteer to help homeless.

Those states I'm fairly sure can't if it's a directive from the President himself but could be wrong the US is weird lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Naked Gamer For This Useful Post:

Rainey (11-18-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    No, I don't think they should.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

5252 (11-18-2015),Amber (11-18-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    NO, NO, NO, a hundred times NO. This country is already at enough risk with it's foreign residents that reside here.. Caucasians are becoming a minority here and with the way people reproduce here, in about 5 generations I really don't think there will be much more left, most will be mixed race. The illegals here already take away alot of jobs, money and resources from people who need it who have lived here all their lives. Literally people joke around here that you can't get food stamps or healthcare or housing because we're white. There is probably some truth to it honestly. Indians come here and are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes, get rich and go back to their country rich af and living good. Same thing with the Mexican population, they get a job off the books, live in squalor and then when they save up a hundred grand they go back to Mexico rich af and living good. This country really needs to learn to take care of it's people first and other countries LAST, if anything's left.

The sad part is I don't even dislike alot of these people, they're good people, I know quite a few people in my town here illegally. They're good people.. but at the same time they have come here and taken part in draining our country dry and a little part of me can't forget that. I am also not racist in any way, it just happens that what we are talking about is race based and that is my opinion on it, so please do not try and tell me I am racist.
    I believe that you left your Trump 2016 tag out of your post. The first red flag of your post was in the third sentence, where you are suggesting that immigration/accepting refugees threatens the "white-ness" of the country (and if anyone follows my previous posts on racism and "injustice," this statement means A LOT coming from me). This should be the LAST concern of anyone deciding on refugee policy - these people are fleeing slaughter, war, and intolerance. You realize that the greatest number of ISIS' casualties are other Muslims, right?

Your ignorance is further showcased in your very astute observations of how Indians "are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes" (I mean, wtf - do you work for FOX news or something? Where do you get your facts?!?), and how Mexicans take whites people's jobs and work off the books - are you fucking kidding me? You do realize that illegal immigrants - take "Mexicans," which you railed against, aren't exactly taking positions as physicians that brainiacs such as yourself would otherwise get, right? Where exactly are these amazzzzing paying jobs that poor Americans are being robbed of?

I love how the uneducated majority in this country think that they are entitled to good paying jobs simply becusse they are white and "American." You want a good paying job? Get a fucking education, and stop vying for entry level jobs meant for the most recent of high school grads. People like you irritate me so much - you realize that the average salary of a first year college graduate is like 35-45K a year, right? Are you aware of how expensive a college education is? What exactly do you think that these uneducated American masses deserve to be paid? You also realize that these "illegals" aren't coming to this country to even make a fraction of that, right? They aren't coming to this country and demanding better paying jobs...

Think about how much of an asshole you wild be for talking this way about the Jews during WWII....or are these cases different because the people aren't white, and ISIS isn't creating concentration camps? They are skipping that part altogether, and find that bullets, torture, and rape more effective tools than canisters of Zyklon B. Why the fuck do you think that women in some of these communities have committed suicide rather than risk the chance of falling into the jihadists' hands?

There is so much that you said that I find absolutely disgusting, but worst of all are your ridiculous assertions that you aren't racist. There are several forms of prejudice and racism - many of which do not require a white pillowcase, and you come across as an ill-informed, xenophobic bitch by spewing the misinformation and bullshit that you did in that post. People like you scare me, because not only do you make up a chunk of the population (and even more of the right establishment), but because you people can potentially hold office and shape policy. I have said it before, and I will say it again, scholars should run the government. Even now, we have senate committees on things like climate, that are run by people with little to no education on the matter. How horrifying is this?!

Update - thank you all for the wave of rep! It means a lot, and made me smile during this very hectic morning <3
    Last edited by haiqtpi; 11-18-2015 at 10:22 AM.
    Queen Bee

18. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to haiqtpi For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (11-20-2015),Amber (11-18-2015),Aura (11-18-2015),Banannie (11-18-2015),Brittanee (11-18-2015),caitie (11-20-2015),Cath (11-18-2015),Demetri (11-21-2015),Fleur (11-20-2015),Garchomp (11-19-2015),Ghosts (11-18-2015),Gnorbu (11-19-2015),hissi (11-18-2015),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (11-23-2015),Introvert (11-18-2015),Maison (11-18-2015),Persephone (11-19-2015),Pusheen (11-18-2015),Rainey (11-18-2015),Ribbon (11-18-2015),Sci_Girl (11-18-2015),Shizuku (11-20-2015),Sick (12-23-2015),Skarner (11-18-2015),Skylark (12-11-2015),Winona (11-18-2015)