DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    A mature individual though will not result to violence just because another thinks it is okay to in certain circumstances. If it escalates from talking, angry talk, loud angry talk, to violence that just goes to show that individual cannot control their own behavior. One should have control over their own actions. If not, boo hoo cops should deal with you regardless of sex.

However some situations I can see the violence. Say a woman attacks a man with I don't know a weapon like a knife or threatens with a gun or a baseball bat. Everyone has heard stories like that in the media or news. If he is attacked first then so be it if she is hit.

If a guy is trying to rape a woman for example then that type of situation can absolutely warrant violence. Kick, punch, scratch, bite do whatever you can to get away.

So yeah some circumstances there can be warranted violence. But someone not being able to control their emotions? No. No violence is needed. A mature individual will not physically hurt someone if it is just emotions getting in the way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (10-01-2015)

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    A mature individual though will not result to violence just because another thinks it is okay to in certain circumstances. If it escalates from talking, angry talk, loud angry talk, to violence that just goes to show that individual cannot control their own behavior. One should have control over their own actions. If not, boo hoo cops should deal with you regardless of sex.

However some situations I can see the violence. Say a woman attacks a man with I don't know a weapon like a knife or threatens with a gun or a baseball bat. Everyone has heard stories like that in the media or news. If he is attacked first then so be it if she is hit.

If a guy is trying to rape a woman for example then that type of situation can absolutely warrant violence. Kick, punch, scratch, bite do whatever you can to get away.

So yeah some circumstances there can be warranted violence. But someone not being able to control their emotions? No. No violence is needed. A mature individual will not physically hurt someone if it is just emotions getting in the way.
    I would agree with you, with exception that many a time, yes, I have been involved in situations where adults have started fighting, besides watching them over and over in videos and live, and you don't have the time to go call the phone, and many a time, it's just plain stupid to call the cops. If it was like that IRL, do you know how many times before would someone have called the police on me and my sister, for example? Or my sister and my mother? I mean, I'd not say it should be so radical that any sort of display of physical aggression would result on the cops coming over. Many of those conflicts can be solved without the need of outside intervention.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    Marry me
    Lol to whom are you referring?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    Lol to whom are you referring?
    To you silly

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    To you silly
    Haha I thought so. Alas, you are very far away from me. I must decline at present

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    Haha I thought so. Alas, you are very far away from me. I must decline at present
    Nothing worse than a failed proposal

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Nothing worse than a failed proposal
    Yes there is! I could have slapped you in front of a crowd of people. I didn't do that. I'll even still give you the v. I just can't marry you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    8d 8h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Edited out everything not pertinent to post topic.
    3. If a woman is man enough to hit me she is man enough to get hit. There may be a difference in force from me hitting a grown man who can take pain to a 120 lb woman who cries when she stubs her toe, but if she grows the balls she will get a backhand.
    Last edited by c4ndym4n; 10-01-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Guys this was about how violence is handled when it happens by different genders, not whether or not violence is necessary or not.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    the reason theres outrage is because of The Patriarchy *everyone groans as the Feministe Buzzwords come in* *they also groan because they realise i look like i havent slept in like 5 years so nothing i say will make sense LOL*

men benefit from years of violence against women, they benefit from the fear that women have of them and the sexist male idea that women are beneath them and to be hit if they "step out of line", its a matter of men being on the top of the food chain and the outrage is justified, because shit if a man hits a woman hes honestly a scumbag and perpetuating the patriarchy through violence. but mostly hes a scumbag. men are taught from childhood that women are objects to claim and playground bullying (violence, abuse, but bullying sounds nicer when youre talking about kids :^)) is a method of flirting and that the ladies love it. women are taught that men hitting and abusing you is flirting and that they secretly like you. men benefit from abuse because women dont learn any better. they learn to believe abuse is love and that violence is not ladylike, but that being a lady is the ultimate goal of being a woman, and you cant fight for yourself and be a lady, and if hes hitting you he loves you.

however! most women who hit men benefit from the patriarchy too. the belief that men should be able to stand up for themselves against women especially is a matter of hypermasculinity and the idea that men should be Strong and Emotionless. a woman gets hit by a man, its abuse, a man gets hit by a woman, hes a pussy (which again is misogynistic; comparing a "weak" man to something typically associated with women... lol). unga unga women weak man strong.

abuse as a whole benefits from the patriarchy because men run the world but have backed themselves into a corner with how theyve done just that. WHAT A SHAME!!!!! its almost as if basing the main power of an entire species around one gender/race is a bad idea... whod have thought.

though i notice a lot of the Crazy Bitch claims are USUALLY about women standing up for themselves against men hurting them... why is it that when a man acts out with violence, hes Just A Guy, but when a woman does, shes a Crazy Bitch and a Complete Psychopath? why arent men ever considered Crazy Bitches for hitting women? another Thought

i cant remember the point i was gonna make but basically men who are victims of any form of abuse - sexual, physical, emotional - being considered weak is absolute bullshit and honestly we need to just abolish the patriarchy as a whole. id say men as a whole too but theyll probably be useful for something somewhere down the line so whatever i GUESS we can keep them just dont let them in the house they might have fleas.

edit: also this is not an unpopular opinion lol?
    Last edited by Mindfang; 10-01-2015 at 10:55 PM.