Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Anime Are You Watching/Have You Recently Watched?

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Fiance convinced me to watch Attack on Titan. I refused to watch it for years because it was so popular and my friends were always talking about it and it was annoying. He told me he really wanted to see it because of the upcoming "finale". So I was like "ugh, fine". To be honest, I didn't know that much about it and it was SO NOT what I thought it was lol!

And now I'm kinda upset because it's SO FUCKING GOOD that literally no anime can compare and I've seen A TON. So I kinda feel jaded because nothing will ever be able to live up to it.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Alister (10-18-2023),Lyrichord (10-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Fiance convinced me to watch Attack on Titan. I refused to watch it for years because it was so popular and my friends were always talking about it and it was annoying. He told me he really wanted to see it because of the upcoming "finale". So I was like "ugh, fine". To be honest, I didn't know that much about it and it was SO NOT what I thought it was lol!

And now I'm kinda upset because it's SO FUCKING GOOD that literally no anime can compare and I've seen A TON. So I kinda feel jaded because nothing will ever be able to live up to it.
    god AOT is so good. I can totally understand why someone would not be into it but from a storytelling perspective it's so well written.

AOT is its own thing for sure. Other anime I feel are just as awesome in their own very different ways are Yona of the Dawn and Re:Zero, the latter being one I never thought I'd be into because harem setups definitely aren't my thing. I think if it were given a third season Noragami would hold its own as one of my favorite anime series ever (it already holds the crown as my favorite manga).

I've been casually catching up on season two of The Rising of the Shield Hero after re-watching season one. I hadn't like season one much when it first came out because good lord so many people in that story are just wretched. I still think the slave pact concept is just.......a very unfortunate choice to have made for the story but liked the season as a whole the second time around. Season two has been kind of a bummer so far, doesn't feel nearly as epic and there hasn't been a single wave so far like half way through the season.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Crow (10-19-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm nearly at the (assumed) end of the HXH chimera ant arc and it feels like there's only 5 minutes of plot with dialogue per episode, and 25 minutes of a narrator over explaining everything. I hope the rest of the show is more... well, show, and less a narrator describing everything.

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    god AOT is so good. I can totally understand why someone would not be into it but from a storytelling perspective it's so well written.

AOT is its own thing for sure. Other anime I feel are just as awesome in their own very different ways are Yona of the Dawn and Re:Zero, the latter being one I never thought I'd be into because harem setups definitely aren't my thing. I think if it were given a third season Noragami would hold its own as one of my favorite anime series ever (it already holds the crown as my favorite manga).

I've been casually catching up on season two of The Rising of the Shield Hero after re-watching season one. I hadn't like season one much when it first came out because good lord so many people in that story are just wretched. I still think the slave pact concept is just.......a very unfortunate choice to have made for the story but liked the season as a whole the second time around. Season two has been kind of a bummer so far, doesn't feel nearly as epic and there hasn't been a single wave so far like half way through the season.
    Prior to watching AoT, Rising of the Shield Hero was my favorite anime. I honestly loved everything about it until the recent season. Idk it currently feels like it's being rushed and not paid real attention to, going off on some half-made tangent. It's disappointing but whatever.

Re:Zero however...it's an anime I love deeply and intensely but NEVER recommend to anyone because it also superbly traumatized me. I generally hate media that involve time-traveling and time-rewriting and time-erasing because the concept of it stresses me out. So it's kinda difficult for me to love an anime and its characters so much and also be insanely stressed out and frustrated by things that happen in the show. And yet...it still is one of my all time favs...

AoT just has everything that I love about shows: sincere character growth, intense bonds between characters, random comedy, deep world-building that changes over time as you learn more...I love how the show constantly gives you information but not exactly accurate enough to get the whole picture. So you're as lost as the characters, and learn as they learn; sometimes even later than when they learn!

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post

my college roommate showed me the first episode of it, and i literally was so shaken i needed to sit down and smoke. i guess its just a little too intense for me, seeing like the main characters entire family and village eaten episode 1 i was just like uhhhhhh im going to go back to ouran highschool host club LMAO. im not into horror movies or really gore either, so i guess it shocked me LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinji For This Useful Post:

Crow (10-19-2023)

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    my college roommate showed me the first episode of it, and i literally was so shaken i needed to sit down and smoke. i guess its just a little too intense for me, seeing like the main characters entire family and village eaten episode 1 i was just like uhhhhhh im going to go back to ouran highschool host club LMAO. im not into horror movies or really gore either, so i guess it shocked me LOL
    It's definitely not for everyone. I already had shows like Game of Thrones under my belt, so I was already prepared to lose characters I loved.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm starting Deatte 5-byou de Battle

I like the death game style, have read a lot of that in mangas / manhwas, but it's hard to see a nice one in the anime format

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Well.. I finished the HXH anime. I was very underwhelmed. After the chimera ant arc was over it was just a few hours before i'd finished the whole show. The election arc was actually good although very short. Kind of annoying that the show just ends where it ended. I feel like we barely heard from Kurapika the whole show except two arcs?

Pronouns
    1/0
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Those are a lot of anime shows I have never heard of.
    I tried HxH or Hiatus x Hiatus as some call it, but I never felt in intriguing enough to continue watching.

I have heard wonders about RE: Zero. I think I will give it a shot.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Null_user View Post
    Those are a lot of anime shows I have never heard of.
    I tried HxH or Hiatus x Hiatus as some call it, but I never felt in intriguing enough to continue watching.

I have heard wonders about RE: Zero. I think I will give it a shot.
    I enjoyed every arc except the Chimera Ant Arc. I liked the hunters exam arc (first part of the show), reminds me of the good times watching the chunin exam arc of naruto.