Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Anime Are You Watching/Have You Recently Watched?

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    85d 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    I've just started on two new ones. These are both newer (that i know of) and on Netflix, and also dropping episodes weekly. So if you are wanting to watch all at once, these ain't it :p

So the first one is My Happy Marriage. It had popped up a few times on my Tiktok and i'm a sucker for a good romance and figured why not. There is (from my understanding) an ongoing light novel for this, so if you want to get further ahead - thats the way to go. After watching the two episodes that are out, i was already stashing them into my amazon cart to be able to read ahead. I AM HOOKED. Its blending in some supernatural aspects with the romance and i'm excited to see where it goes.

The second one only had one episode out, but it was -fantastic- is Zom 100. I had never heard of it and it popped up on the 'because you watched' list thing on Netflix, so figured why not.
    Despite the fact that its a zombie outbreak, this is just downright fun. Its just so visually appealing, and I don't want to ruin it for anyone who has yet to watch. If you hate your job and enjoy zombies, this is for you.
    My Happy Marriage has been popping for me sometimes but I haven't give it a chance because I though it was another cheesy romance anime? Buuut I came to reread your coment and you say it's more than that? Supernatural may be the word for me to give this the chance

I also came to say I saw Zom 100, very funny and while not the first comedy about zombies, it's good to see something different than the common drama approach zombie movies/animes take. I'm also loving all the sparkling colors! (Not sure if it's as an emphasis of the protagonist happiness or just censorship lol)

Annndd I'm gonna finish this post with Dekiru neko wa kyou. A light comedy anime about your average working woman who rescued a cat that grew up A LOT! And it's excellent for house chores (now THAT'S THE CAT OF MY DREAMS because working and doing house stuff it's not fair lol)

For any cats lover, I think you're gonna enjoy this last one

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    17d 17h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Started My Happy Marriage and I'm impatiently waiting for new episodes. It's the first time in a while that I've been this invested in an anime. The dynamic of the main couple is interesting, and the supernatural elements of the show make it a little different from other romance anime. So excited for the next episode!

Also, I started Skip and Loafer. It is super cute so far and refreshing to watch in my down time.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Started re-watching My Love Story!! with my little sister because she's never seen it before and she likes romcoms. So far she loves it.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    689 times
    Time Online
    216d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    I'm about 3/4 of the way through Yashihime, the story of Sesshomaru & Rin's twins, and Kagome/Inuyasha's daughter. It's alright, and it's interesting having something in the same world, but it lacks the charm of the original show. Also, I can't stand the premise? Inuyasha and Kagome would've found a way to escape Sesshomaru putting them in the black pearl!

The other inconsistency that bugged me: In Inuyasha, doesn't Naraku crush the red balm that was from Inuyasha's mother, when he's disguised as him? Moroha seems to be able to use it just fine.

Otherwise, it's sweet watching the sisters learn to trust each other more and grow into skilled warriors while also growing as friends and family. Poor Riku though. His fate reminds me of that of Kagura.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-27-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    689 times
    Time Online
    216d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Re:Yashihime, I have some thoughts about Sesshomaru. I still can't figure out whether I like him or not.

@(you need an account to see links) I went ahead and watched Madoka. I found the artistic style of the witches to be very trippy, in some strange Alice in Wonderland way? While it wasn't my favorite cup of tea, I did enjoy the character arc of Homura! I felt like she was the main character from the very first opening scene and was surprised when that wasn't addressed until episode 9 or so. Kuebey was the biggest shock. I wouldn't have guessed the anime plot from the music alone! I went back and relistened to the songs you posted, and they all hit even stronger now. Thanks for the recommendation.

Up next: @(you need an account to see links) 's namesake!
    Last edited by Lyrichord; 08-02-2023 at 04:46 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (08-02-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    37d 1h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    Re:Yashihime, I have some thoughts about Sesshomaru. I still can't figure out whether I like him or not.

@(you need an account to see links) I went ahead and watched Madoka. I found the artistic style of the witches to be very trippy, in some strange Alice in Wonderland way? While it wasn't my favorite cup of tea, I did enjoy the character arc of Homura! I felt like she was the main character from the very first opening scene and was surprised when that wasn't addressed until episode 9 or so. Kuebey was the biggest shock. I wouldn't have guessed the anime plot from the music alone! I went back and relistened to the songs you posted, and they all hit even stronger now. Thanks for the recommendation.

Up next: @(you need an account to see links) 's namesake!
    It makes me really happy to hear you watched Madoka! The witches designs are

It's the only anime series I have figures from, so that alone should tell you how much I love it, hahaha.
    Thank you Lyrichord for the userbar!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynn For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (08-03-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    689 times
    Time Online
    216d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Okay @(you need an account to see links). I figured if you were basing your cK persona based on the Demon Slayer show, it had to be pretty good. I wasn't expecting it to be that good! I'm going to have to find the soundtrack on Youtube or something because there are some awesome musical moments, including an epic organ piece in the midst of all the rest of it.

It might be the typical growing up story and power of friendship tale, and because of that, predictable on the large scale. But it does it so well! I cried at the ending of the train arc. The revelation of the two kids who helped train Tanjiro in season 1 had me shook. Seeing all of the sword techniques for each person's specialty has been great. I could keep going on and on. I need season 4 to come out soon! I'm considering reading the manga but I really like watching it all animated in color, so I'll wait for a bit.

Other comments: what is it with all my fave ba anime women having pink and green as their colors? Neliel from Bleach, and now Nezuko and Mitsuri from this show!
    What a great show. Thank you for the inadvertent recommendation! I might be a Tanjiro stan, but Zenitsu is so cute and relatable. I wish I could fight that well when I was asleep!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (08-09-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    450 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I just finished the first season of Mushoku Tensei.

I thought it was gonna be way horrible than it was, since I remember all of the controversy around it. But it was pretty tame (there are way worse anime ecchi wise), and the overall plot was quite interesting. I'll probably watch season 2 when it'll finish airing.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Just finished up the latest season of Demon Slayer and looooord why does it have to be so short.
    Literal amazement at the quality of this show. I cannot get enough. Has to be my all time favorite, ever!
    I tend to be a sucker for the main characters so Tanjiro is prob top fav but most everyone else is equal level.
    Love the character development and designs for them all!

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    157d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I just finished Season 2 of Bastard!! Heavy Metal Dark Fantasy and what a good season! I'm sad the stopped it where they did though! I feel like they just built it up. Sigh I guess I'll wait for next season.