22/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Using Clraik programs on mac via Virtualbox

I have seen alot of posts concerning this question, but no guide on it, and rather than turn down a large potential user base; I thought I would put the information up where it is readily accessible.

So you have a mac, but infamous joe only makes programs for windows platforms? Fear not, you may yet run the new hotness in autobuying, score sending, and autoplaying neopets scripts here at clraik, it will just take a bit of preparation and you will be on your way to neo-millions in no time.

For this guide we will be using oracle virtual box to emulate a windows desktop. Virtual box can be downloaded here (linux users can "sudo apt-get install virtualbox" and "sudo apt-get install virtualbox-guest-additions-iso" from terminal)

(you need an account to see links)

You will also need a windows iso and cd key, if you dont know how to find one, PM me and I can point you in the right direction.

Now, to finally setup your virtual desktop

Open Oracle Virtual box and select then "New" button

In the next page, you will be asked to name and select your operating system type. For this guide we will be using Windows XP, however you can install whatever windows iso type you have.

In the �Memory� page set the RAM to 256 or more if you wish. However it is usually not needed.

Now we can setup our virtual harddrive. Recommended size is 10gb. For the purpose of this guide no more will be required. Click create and choose VDI.

Select �Dynamically expanding image� as virtual disk image type. Leave the virtual disk �Location� and �Size� settings alone.

Now the machine should show up in your list of virtual machines. Good job so far. Time now to setup our media to install, remember that windows iso? Now is the time we will be needing it.

Start your virtual machine and the first run wizard should appear asking you to select your instalation media. You want to select image file, and chose the windows (preferable xp) iso that you downloaded earlier.

Now that old windows text based setup prompt come alive (along with your feeling of nostalgia). Follow those setup prompts and you're golden.

Anyone needs any help with this, feel free to PM me, Ill be glad to help.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to raithi For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (06-12-2015),cute. (03-05-2016),DrSloth (06-11-2015),genesis (12-23-2015),I_royalty_I (06-11-2015),j03 (06-12-2015),learningtoneopet1 (06-12-2015),Pusheen (12-23-2015),Reject (01-18-2016),TwistyBR (06-11-2015),ygritte (05-31-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    21d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    @(you need an account to see links) Got Skype? Since i can't pm on here i need to do it via Skype.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    yeah, whats yours and Ill hit you up, I don't particularly want to post mine in a public forum

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    21d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    "No bootable medium found. system halted."

also i was never prompted to put my cd key code in? just the program i downloaded is now under "storage" in the machine
    Last edited by pwnful_13371; 06-11-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 6h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    awesome guide