DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    My crack are candy cigs. You might try them for your go to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by zxzero View Post
    I have a e cig and this is week 2 for me, doing great though I still have small cravings for smokes.
    Have you looked up the risks involved with this? Those things are just as bad if not worse.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    Have you looked up the risks involved with this? Those things are just as bad if not worse.
    The studies done on them so far are not all that great and probably false. There are 4 main ingredients in them, which is PG (used in foods and is FDA approved) VG (which comes from vegetables) nicotine (which has had no studies done on it outside of cigarettes) and flavourings.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    The studies done on them so far are not all that great and probably false. There are 4 main ingredients in them, which is PG (used in foods and is FDA approved) VG (which comes from vegetables) nicotine (which has had no studies done on it outside of cigarettes) and flavourings.
    Keep in mind, nicotine still screws with your heart pretty badly. It's better for your lungs, but really crappy for your circulatory system though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    What basis to you have to these claims, may I ask? There are so many studies on it.. every one of them are only false because you want to think what you are doing is better for you, but it's not. The nicotine in cigarettes is diluted, but these e-cigs are delivering it to your lungs in a concentrated form. There may be "less" nicotine, but it is being delivered to you all at once. They wreak havoc on your lungs and heart. You should really consider other methods of quitting.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    What basis to you have to these claims, may I ask? There are so many studies on it.. every one of them are only false because you want to think what you are doing is better for you, but it's not. The nicotine in cigarettes is diluted, but these e-cigs are delivering it to your lungs in a concentrated form. There may be "less" nicotine, but it is being delivered to you all at once. They wreak havoc on your lungs and heart. You should really consider other methods of quitting.
    "There's enough data to conclude that they are much safer than regular cigarettes, and for smokers who are having trouble quitting using other methods, they're much better off switching to electronic cigarettes," says Michael B. Siegel, MD. He's a professor at the Boston University School of Public Health.

The data don’t explore the long-terms health effects of e-cigarettes, though. "We don't know the absolute risks -- whether, over a very long period of time, the e-cigarette might have harms associated with it," Siegel says. "They haven't been on the market long enough to understand if they may have long-term side effects."

There has been like 3? published studies done on it, that were lab done. One in Germany did a study that is quite false as they continuously made a robot thing vape non stop on 5 second inhales at high wattage on an older style ego cartomizer. Which produced high levels of formaldehyde. However, a human would not be able to do this as it would burn the throat off you.

The Federal Reserve just gave a grant for a 5 year study on them. Other than that there have been no studies done on them that were controlled in a lab or anything and most of the studies/people you have seen speak out about them were probably backed by cigarette companies.

You can vape low nicotine (3 mg) or lower if you make it yourself, all the way down to 0 nicotine.

Conventional cigarettes are the most common form of nicotine intake. Smoking-related diseases are pathophysiologically attributed to oxidative stress, activation of inflammatory pathways and the toxic effect of more than 4000 chemicals and carcinogens present in tobacco smoke

(you need an account to see links)

So I mean you could take in the 4000+ chemicals that are in cigarettes, which no one except tobacco companies know all of them or you could take in 4 substances that are FDA approved.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    The only way to quit is sheer willpower.
    Make a decision and stick to it, no matter what.
    E-cigs are just an alternative, doesn't matter if they're "healthier" or not, it's just an alternative nicotine hit which means you wont quit.
    Make a conscious decision to cut down and eventually you will be able to quit. If it's been a habit for YEARS, you can't kick it in a DAY.
    Keep reducing your intake, occupy yourself with other things so you don't notice the cravings as much and eventually they will subside.

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Jessica (03-30-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    160/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    206d 19h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    willpower is definitely the key.. i was a heavy smoker for a few years and one day i decided i was going to quit i had a couple cigs left in the box and i threw them away.. i didn't tell anybody i was quitting so there wasnt an expectation.. but it was like the next time people saw me i was saying "yeah i haven't had one in like a month" or something and it was impressive to them and that kind of helped me keep going. it's been almost 4 years now since i quit. sometimes i think about just having one.. but no.. i think about how much better i feel and the fact i probably wont get lung cancer or have any other health problems due to smoking is so much more satisfying.

✧・゚: *✧ (you need an account to see links) ✧*:・゚✧

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
    The only way to quit is sheer willpower.
    Make a decision and stick to it, no matter what.
    E-cigs are just an alternative, doesn't matter if they're "healthier" or not, it's just an alternative nicotine hit which means you wont quit.
    Make a conscious decision to cut down and eventually you will be able to quit. If it's been a habit for YEARS, you can't kick it in a DAY.
    Keep reducing your intake, occupy yourself with other things so you don't notice the cravings as much and eventually they will subside.
    I actually have only been smoking for about 6 months, but I smoked like a pack a day the whole time so I ended up getting addicted very quickly. It's been hard.. I was around smokers yesterday and was practically drooling.. they even offered me one but I said no. Like I said, real test comes Monday, and my roommates are all quitting as well now. I will be shamed heavily and outcast if I buy one so it helps ha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    (you need an account to see links)

buy this, im on 2 months smoke free.
    This allows you to smoke while it's charging unlike other ones that need to charge for hours before you can use them again.

Also when buying juice to put in this do not go higher than 1.2 mg of nicotine, I was overdosing hard on 2.0mg, you will probably want one at 1.2mg and another at .8mg to start off with, make sure you get 2 flavors as well because you will get sick of the first one you smoke really fast.
    Last edited by Effektivv; 04-02-2015 at 10:00 PM.