Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do people actually pay for specific Pokemon? (Frequently)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    18h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Do people actually pay for specific Pokemon? (Frequently)

Obviously I see people selling them so someone must be buying but is it something that people do often, or are buyers fairly rare?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    5d 12h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I used to sell custom generated pokemon on ebay, and I'd usually get at least one a week. I'm not sure how succesful forums are, but I know several of my buyers were parents giving in to their kids demands.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I don't get a lot of activity, no. I only have the shop because it is something I enjoy doing. Being able to make a little extra spending money is just a benefit. But I wouldn't say it's worth it monetarily. Since I do things legitimately, it is time consuming. But people do prefer legitimate Pokemon over genned/fakes.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to looklook123123 For This Useful Post:

Jessica (03-04-2015),Lazuli (03-19-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Where there are people, there are buyers. People will buy your specific Pokemon, just bare in mind that the market is very nichee and there is more suppliers than buyers, which makes it hard to make money out of it, if that was your plan.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Are buyers mainly seeking for legit events/legends? Or are there any buyers for breedable/egg move Pokemon?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    102d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I used to sell shinies on ebay for $1 a piece they mostly sold well. I got a request at least once a day, and I almost always got requested by the same guy for bulk orders once a week. From my experience, most people want Eevees. Always the Eevees.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SCf3 View Post
    Are buyers mainly seeking for legit events/legends? Or are there any buyers for breedable/egg move Pokemon?
    I think in general most people want legit, but I've also seen very many people who just want certain "glamorous" Pokemon for flaunting value (ex: 6IV Shiny Hoopa with impossible egg moves and HA), even though it's an obvious hack. Some people still want that kind of thing so it's possible to find buyers for it.

From the trade forums I used to go on, LOTS of people want breedable/egg move Pokemon. It's one of the main thing people traded for on that site. So to my knowledge the majority of buyers would be looking for things like that, as well as specifically shiny or event Pokemon

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    Obviously I see people selling them so someone must be buying but is it something that people do often, or are buyers fairly rare?
    Before I acquired PowerSave(s), I bought the Eevee set off of eBay for my man. Was only like $1.50 or so and I was delighted to make him happy.

Joined a handful of Facebook groups toward the end of last year to trade around Pokemon (and complete my XY and ORAS 'dexes). Met some cloners, scored some of that good stuff, and have been insanely addicted ever since! Glad Pokemon replaced Neopets for my time-killer: way cheaper and easier to acquire what you want.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i heard my friend met someone and traded pokemon

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Before I acquired PowerSave(s), I bought the Eevee set off of eBay for my man. Was only like $1.50 or so and I was delighted to make him happy.

Joined a handful of Facebook groups toward the end of last year to trade around Pokemon (and complete my XY and ORAS 'dexes). Met some cloners, scored some of that good stuff, and have been insanely addicted ever since! Glad Pokemon replaced Neopets for my time-killer: way cheaper and easier to acquire what you want.

--

Bela aquisi��o. e_e

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtieSnow View Post

--

Bela aquisi��o. e_e
    eevee... XD Love that guy~