Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalize it: for or against the removal of marijuana from the controlled substances act

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 1h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I personally don't smoke Marijuana anymore, 26 now, i did when i was 16-20 when i was a kid but anyways, I'm 50 50 on this

I think Marijuana shouldn't be fully legalized but i do believe it should be used more often than pills when it comes to prescriptions.
    You mentioned your anxiety, I'm a FIRM believer that it should be used for anxiety as I've seen first hand through a friend of mine i've known for 15 years that it works a lot better than pills and minimal side effects.

pot is like booze to me, it's all in how you use it, if you use it like an asshole than you shouldn't do it.

a joint or two a day isn't bad, it's when people are doing it more than a smoker smokes cigarettes that makes it bad.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

marijuana shuld be fully legalized for medical use only.

We should never have to endure it being acceptable in public, my father has smoked weed since before i was born, if anyone claims the no side effects crap i'll grab my dad by the ankles and hit you with him. *Beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker* lawls

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

I live in Canada, If it became legalized for public use in my province, i would not hesitate to move.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Driving under the influence is pretty broad in Canada, a DUI can be drinking, drugs, tired, emotional.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    To me the only harm that seems to be the most noticeable is the mood swings potheads tend to get and their obsession with the drug. It seems unhealthy to me, yes there are benefits but at the same time I see many who use and abuse it and think they are going to convince everyone else to do the same. I agree more with the edible and applicable uses of the drug rather than the inhalants since the health benefits are more safely received and the whole drug party attitude keeps things from developing in the wrong direction. I have smoked myself many times but haven't in years because it really no longer interested me. That and I had been noticing a lingering high feeling that felt uncomfortable even after months of going without. And of course the damage to the lungs wasn't in my best interests since mine are already quite weak.

I see the benefits but at the same time it can be irritating. The smell is obnoxious, many spending money on what they can't afford instead of paying for responsibilities, etc.
    All in all despite all that I would not mind seeing it legalized. And as well as see alcohol more regulated itself.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    (you need an account to see links)

If it can do this for one state, imagine what it could do for our country.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

Aska (02-27-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post

This is a solid point. This following short film focuses on drug raids and horror they cause: (you need an account to see links)

Yes, the film itself is fictional, but similar scenarios happen often in the U.S.
    EEL SUSHI

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by spleef35 View Post
    This is a solid point. This following short film focuses on drug raids and horror they cause: (you need an account to see links)

Yes, the film itself is fictional, but similar scenarios happen often in the U.S.
    Thank you (: I could totally see how raids could be traumatizing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 1h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

It went well for that state, but what about more crime ridden states? it will not go as well.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you (: I could totally see how raids could be traumatizing.
    Aiyana Stanley-Jones, who the film is dedicated to, was killed in a similar raid. Cops threw a gas grenade into the home, and with obscured vision, one cop decided to fire his weapon, and shot Aiyana, who was laying on the living room couch.

Legalizing marijuana will not stop innocent people being killed in these raids. Making cops accountable for their actions will. But legalizing marijuana could potentially save at least some lives.
    EEL SUSHI

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 1h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Aiyana Stanley-Jones, who the film is dedicated to, was killed in a similar raid. Cops threw a gas grenade into the home, and with obscured vision, one cop decided to fire his weapon, and shot Aiyana, who was laying on the living room couch.

Legalizing marijuana will not stop innocent people being killed in these raids. Making cops accountable for their actions will. But legalizing marijuana could potentially save at least some lives.
    Strictly depends on the state.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Something I really wonder though.. what will happen to the people in prison for weed related crimes?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 1h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Something I really wonder though.. what will happen to the people in prison for weed related crimes?
    Well it was a crime when they got arrested, so it's hard to say, depends what the charges involved cause even when its legal isn't their still set amounts allowed?