Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m

G'day, my names Ryan

I've waited a long time to write this.

I always thought it'd be something short when I wrote it too.

But I think I need to write this today. Because today was a good day.

A few different moments stand out to me, when I really contemplated introducing myself. A couple months after I joined when I formed some of my closest friendships on this forum.
    The time I got promoted and became a moderator was also tempting.
    But by far the strongest urge I had to write this was last year, when I thought I had it all figured out. I had a close group of cK friends, I had a flourishing social life in real life and freedom and money to go wherever and do whatever.
    Yet something held me back and I realize now that I haven't really been at peace with myself.
    I've finally started to come into my own and I'm finally maturing as a person.
    For as long as I can remember, I've had anger issues. Call it short-man syndrome, only child syndrome or what have you, but I've always been a ragey cunt and I always take it out on the people closest to me. I also drive like a maniac, always speeding, always in a rush to get from A to B.

Today was an unexpected day and this new sense of maturity and purpose I've developed in the last few months really showed today.
    My mum asked me this morning to take her to Orange County for an event that takes place once a month. Normally I'd say no, I've got work or I'm too busy and that's true as well because driving 3 hours to then waiting another 2 hours while she attended the event and then driving back for 3 more hours is not feasible. But it's something she really wanted to do, hasn't had the chance to yet and with my dad being away in Orlando, I said yes.
    I can't remember the last time I ever did anything nice for my mum so I said yes.
    I drove all the way over to Irvine and I knew I had a bit of a wait so instead of being a sour puss and just staring at the clock, I decided to take a road trip. Just me and my dog.
    I was headed over to Newport Beach when I realized Laguna Beach isn't that far away from my starting point so I diverted.
    It's nothing like the TV show until you get to the actual beach then it hits you. On the way there's lots of old school diners, some classic car garages and weird little structures that I have no idea what to make off but they look like houses you'd see in a cartoon based in Texas.
    When I finally got to the beach I took my dog out of the car, put his lead on and walked around for a bit. My dog is chick-magnet and I don't need a wingman when I have him around but I guess I don't really need him at this point either since I've begun seeing someone and I have great hope that it will be lasting and bring me happiness.
    They don't allow dogs down at the beach but I spoke to a few locals who were walking their dogs too and they said the lifeguard leaves at 6 so you're basically good to go after that. The time was 6:30 so it worked out well.
    I soaked in as much of it as I could. It really brought me back home, looking at the surf and watching the waves crash like that, reminded me of Little Bay Beach back in Sydney.
    I had a moment.
    I had the perfect life back in Sydney last year.
    It was never easy, I never knew where I would sleep or which city I would travel to next. That uncertainty was exciting and as much as it sucked not having my family around last year, I really miss the adventure of it all.
    Once I finally settled in, got my own apartment and had a more stable life, the call came from LA and my dad told me to pack my things and make the move across the Pacific.
    I knew the decision I was making yet I've doubted it all year.
    I had it all back home, minus my family, but I gave it all up this year, for my family.
    Have I been harbouring resentment, I think so. But that's when I looked down at my arm and I saw my wolf tattoo.
    There's a reason I got it. Loyalty to your pack above all else. It's the way I want to be. It's the decision I made and it's been the deciding factor for me for as long as I can remember now.
    And that's what I've slowly been realizing.
    Life is short. Far too short for us all to actually live it to our best potential.
    Rather than rushing around chasing every penny, would it be so bad to spend a few hours with your family?
    Would it really be that awful to say fuck everything for half a day just to put a smile on the face of the woman who gave you everything you have?
    How hard is to take your dog to the beach where he can play with his own kind for a bit and go for a swim, the same dog who always greets you with happiness every time he see's you yet you're too busy to pay him attention for more than 5 minutes.

I wanna say that it had be thinking the entire time I was walking Nero on the beach but that's not true. I wasn't thinking anything in those precious moments. I was just soaking it all in. Enjoying the little things in life.
    Watching my dog run around in the sand, go right in the water for a quick dip then watch his antics as he ran up to every hot girl on the beach was more than enough to bring a smile on everyones face, not just mine.
    He had an hour down there and I could see he was getting tired so I started walking him back to my car, dried him off with some towels and drove back to my mum.
    I noticed something driving back.
    I wasn't speeding any more. I wasn't rushing to get there and subsequently rushing to get home. Considering I was driving the sporty car, I was amazed that I had gone over 20 miles following the speed limit or driving under it.
    When I finally got to pick up my mum, I had about a 10 minute wait until she was free. I decided to take her to a nice restaurant. There weren't many open by the time we finally made a move and I don't even think the place I took her to could be considered all that nice but it was open and I think the thought counts more in this situation than the actual joint itself. We had Italian for dinner. I ordered her all three of the things we was deliberating over just so she could try each one. We got take away boxes for most of it to be honest but I don't regret getting it all.
    I was pretty happy with myself today. I'm learning to be a better person, a better son.

And for some reason I just knew I had to write this down. Because today was a good day.

So g'day cK, nice to meet you guys, my names Ryan and I'm finally maturing

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (07-11-2016),Aska (07-13-2016),aTadTasty (08-02-2016),Aura (07-11-2016),Ghosts (07-11-2016),Guy (07-11-2016),I_royalty_I (07-11-2016),Madeleine (07-11-2016),Mama Bear (07-12-2016),Ms M. (07-11-2016),potatoespotate (07-11-2016),Sci_Girl (07-11-2016),Teakwood (08-02-2016),Urbex (07-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Much love man. I'd consider you one of my great friends, as I would with many others that I've met strictly because of this forum. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Nice to "finally meet you"

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    That was lovely

It is strangely comforting when that maturity moment hits you. It is almost like a big "Why?". Why have I been rushing, why have I been so negative?, why be this that or the other thing, why do I need to do it that way? Once the maturity hits it's just why have I been doing it that way for so long when this is so much better. Stuff like speeding or not taking your Mom for a nice dinner. Just the little things. It is a calmer lifestyle and you should embrace it even if it is a bit difficult to get used to at first.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Ms M. (07-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    37d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    That's great! just remember to always do you, because in the long run you will always make yourself happy ❤️

It's nice to finally meet you Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    I saw that snap on the beach and was like, "Man, Ryan's finally goin' running on the beach with Nero".

I didn't think you were having life revelations and shit

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

Aura (07-11-2016),Guy (07-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Nice to meet you!

That sounds like a great day. Very nice of you to spend some time putting family first and focusing on other people. 6 hours of driving is a lot to do for someone, good job!
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    That was touching.

Life is short and it's a beautiful thing to realize what you have and to be thankful for it.

I think if more people would slow down and appreciate what is around them then the world might become a better place.

Laguna Beach is a pretty cool place! The first time I visited I couldn't believe how pretty it actually was and the laid back feeling the area had.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    5d 5h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Nice to meet you too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22d 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Aww, that was lovely to read! It takes a lot of character to truly admit to yourself when you've been immature in your life and to try and be a better person. Not only did you end up having a good day, but you made your mom have a good day too and that's awesome. Even if she didn't say it, I bet your mom felt quite pleased and proud of you, especially if this kind of day would have normally been out of character.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    nice to meet you bruh XD