DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    9d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    i used to have several when i was about 12, i love fish!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    omg ok i love fishies and its like my dads hobby we have a 500 someting gallon tank by our dining table and everything dies if you dont take care of it every second of your life i swear to based god i bought seahorses and they died the next day i was only born to have pixel pets

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Maison For This Useful Post:

Miri (06-23-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I currently have a 5 gallon fluval spec set up as salt water with a coral banded pistol shrimp and a platinum clownfish. When I move out of my house I plan on setting up a 75 I picked up the other day that is pre-drilled with a built in overflow for 60 dollars. Or I might be buying a 135 in the next couple of days.. But I plan on doing the same as you by fragging off corals and selling them for a little extra income.

I also have two 29 gallon tanks, one with a pair of seahorses and one has a dwarf fuzzy lionfish and a snowflake eel. Needless to say I like saltwater more than fresh

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    My sister's husband bought one a few years back, I can't remember what most of the fish are though. It does look spectacular though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Sure do! One hosts my red-eared slider. The other I treat a a terrarium for my box turtle.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarl View Post
    Sure do! One hosts my red-eared slider. The other I treat a a terrarium for my box turtle.
    My daughter (13) desperately wants a turtle, I was thinking about getting her one once we are a bit more financially stable. Are they particularly high-maintenance pets?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormpower View Post
    My daughter (13) desperately wants a turtle, I was thinking about getting her one once we are a bit more financially stable. Are they particularly high-maintenance pets?
    Mine haven't been. The red-eared slider tried to be septic twice, but adding the (you need an account to see links) (and once a shot from the local vet') fixed him right up. Just a filter change once a month and daily food and they're good to go. The box turtle requires manual cleaning of her tank, as she's a dirty girl, but I suppose that is to be expected...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Mine haven't been. The red-eared slider tried to be septic twice, but adding the (you need an account to see links) (and once a shot from the local vet') fixed him right up. Just a filter change once a month and daily food and they're good to go. The box turtle requires manual cleaning of her tank, as she's a dirty girl, but I suppose that is to be expected...
    Yeah okay, I just wasn't sure if they were the sort of pet a 13 year old could handle but from the sounds of things she would manage it. Are they... interesting pets?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormpower View Post
    Yeah okay, I just wasn't sure if they were the sort of pet a 13 year old could handle but from the sounds of things she would manage it. Are they... interesting pets?
    To me they are; they interact with me at food time. I taunt them sometimes by tapping on the glass to get them to snap at the air. The red-eared slider swims, which is neat. Aquatic turtles need somewhere that they can get out of the water to prevent "soft shell" and gain some sunlight (or UV light), so mine has a cinder block in his tank. He likes to hide in there sometimes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    To me they are; they interact with me at food time. I taunt them sometimes by tapping on the glass to get them to snap at the air. The red-eared slider swims, which is neat. Aquatic turtles need somewhere that they can get out of the water to prevent "soft shell" and gain some sunlight (or UV light), so mine has a cinder block in his tank. He likes to hide in there sometimes.
    Okay, thanks. Are they overly expensive? (I haven't really looked around much yet)