223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchyfiasco View Post
    Not sure what I am doing wrong and I am going to restart my computer to see if that helps, but every time I load it it randomly closes out, and closes to quickly for me to see why.
    If you are in windows:
    Start > in Search Programs and Files type "cmd" > then in the Command prompt type "cd %path to the directory where you have the client.py and all%" and press enter it will probably say something like what I posted and it wont close.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

mitchyfiasco (06-02-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviid View Post
    If you are in windows:
    Start > in Search Programs and Files type "cmd" > then in the Command prompt type "cd %path to the directory where you have the client.py and all%" and press enter it will probably say something like what I posted and it wont close.
    Alright I will give this a shot! Thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/1
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviid View Post
    I was getting an error at stage "1 - Dank Cave section" at 146

I'll copy&paste:

I tried again and got the same error.
    Opened the game in browser and was at the red mark:
    (you need an account to see links)

I kept going by hand, is ther any way to use the AP again?
    Interesting, that's not one where I've had an issue before. If you want to use it again - be in dank cave 4, and be exactly ONE square above the staircase that leads back to cave 3. Then open your accountname.save file in ntoepad and change the first line to "147" (without quote marks). That'll kick it off from the step after where it went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieG View Post
    When I first ran it, everything was fine. Was levelling up to level 3 and then it closed. Now when I open it, it logs in then nothing at all happens. Any ideas?
    Nothing at all, but doesn't exit? Is it still at the levelling to 3 stage? Can you post the contents of your accountname.save file for me?

Quote Originally Posted by satelliting View Post
    I tested this and i get stuck at some cave level 4 on the normal one. I have restarted it 3 times and still the same problem.
    see above for what I said to Daviid - I'll look into this in the meantime.
    Restarting when it errors will make it worse :\

Quote Originally Posted by mitchyfiasco View Post
    Alright I will give this a shot! Thanks!
    Let me know what you get. The other thing you can do is go into the saves folder and open accountname.save in notepad, and copy+paste the contents here for me.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

NOTICE!

I have just updated the program, so please redownload it and replace your current version.
    For those of you who have had errors, if you don't mind it I recommend starting from scratch - otherwise you can copy your accountname.save file across to the new version and continue from where you were.

Changed in this version:
    • New system for when something breaks, which ensures you can't start from where you were again - and it tells you to come and post here
    • Added a couple of checks along the way, as well as fixed a couple that were checking the wrong thing.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieG View Post
    When I first ran it, everything was fine. Was levelling up to level 3 and then it closed. Now when I open it, it logs in then nothing at all happens. Any ideas?
    Same thing happened when I tried this program. I just went into neoquest manually, was still stuck in town and then clicked 2 times left to move out of town and it fired up and been going ever since. Also does this get you the avatar?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/1
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by appealtime View Post
    Same thing happened when I tried this program. I just went into neoquest manually, was still stuck in town and then clicked 2 times left to move out of town and it fired up and been going ever since. Also does this get you the avatar?
    So it skipped the first move out of town, but managed to hit the stage after anyway? That's incredibly odd o.o
    Not sure what might cause that...

The only NQ1 avatar is the one from Erick Cleaning the Gem right? If so, yeah you get that, since it's part of getting a weapon upgrade.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Yeah the program has exited about 15 times on me was every minute or two now it's doing at startup. Was getting caught up in battles and now it's saying it went wrong with the moves. Just made it to the first destination which is the dank caves. Hit 100% reached destination and crashed.

It was just Outside Dank cave after looking into it by checking. It would not hit "go" to go inside it said something was wrong with the moves. Tried to move it into the cave and restart and now I completely jacked it up Just loads and exits instantly.
    Last edited by appealtime; 06-02-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: More information.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/1
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Yeah the program has exited about 15 times on me was every minute or two now it's doing at startup. Was getting caught up in battles and now it's saying it went wrong with the moves. Just made it to the first destination which is the dank caves. Hit 100% reached destination and crashed
    Getting caught up in battles how? It is going to run into fights, but it should do fine with completing them.
    Now that it's had a move fail (can you check in a browser wherebaouts your character is?), it won't continue.
    If it was just on going to the Dank Cave, manually move your character into the first cave and don't move away from the exit, then open your accountname.save file (in the saves folder) and change the first line to "141" (without quotes)

That should get it back on track.

I should probably change that "We're at our destination" text to something else, since it'll show up whether the move succeeded /or/ failed regardless.

I've been having a few issues myself with it not loading page sproperly, but I think that's an issue with neopets themselves at the moment, since I'm getting issues just browsing the site normally as well. Maybe they have server problems since AC just started and all :\

Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by methrend View Post
    Getting caught up in battles how? It is going to run into fights, but it should do fine with completing them.
    Now that it's had a move fail (can you check in a browser wherebaouts your character is?), it won't continue.
    If it was just on going to the Dank Cave, manually move your character into the first cave and don't move away from the exit, then open your accountname.save file (in the saves folder) and change the first line to "141" (without quotes)

That should get it back on track.

I should probably change that "We're at our destination" text to something else, since it'll show up whether the move succeeded /or/ failed regardless.

I've been having a few issues myself with it not loading page sproperly, but I think that's an issue with neopets themselves at the moment, since I'm getting issues just browsing the site normally as well. Maybe they have server problems since AC just started and all :\
    Yes it did have problems getting nito the cave. I changed the line like you said (it was on 666) to 141 and it started training in cave one fight at least! then it crashed again. But now it's done 5+ fights again. It's crashing in fight I know because everytime I restart it says "were in the middle of a fight..." I don't know why it's crashing it closes way to fast and I don't know how to find a log of it. Seems to me it's crashing though (just from watching it) it's crashing after several rounds of trying to knock the Opponents HP down and failing to do so. As I just typed this line it crashed after the opp lost no hp after 5 rounds and it crashed. Is there a way I can find a log? It's typing out more then you're post about it message.

------------

Didn't move for about a minute this time and crashed again I think you're right about neopets servers
    Last edited by appealtime; 06-02-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/1
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Yes it did have problems getting nito the cave. I changed the line like you said (it was on 666) to 141 and it started training in cave one fight at least! then it crashed again. But now it's done 5+ fights again. It's crashing in fight I know because everytime I restart it says "were in the middle of a fight..." I don't know why it's crashing it closes way to fast and I don't know how to find a log of it. Seems to me it's crashing though (just from watching it) it's crashing after several rounds of trying to knock the Opponents HP down and failing to do so. As I just typed this line it crashed after the opp lost no hp after 5 rounds and it crashed. Is there a way I can find a log? It's typing out more then you're post about it message.
    Hmm, I'll change it in a future update to actually save a log as well, which'll help.
    Are you just running this from double clicking, or through idle? Can you try running it from a CMD window, that way when it crashes it won't actually close and you can check the error or whatever.
    To do so, go to the folder that client.py is in, Right click on a blank space and hit "Open command window here", and then type "client.py" in the cmd window.

Let me know what it has when it crashes?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Sure i'll do it now since it just crashed. Tried to get into Cave 2 and crashed again. guessing it cant hit go again?

And was running through double clicking

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

told me to post where it was and the accountname.save file. that file says

and

I have no fucking idea where its at. Next to the water somehwere will have to check a map