Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Firefox Proxy Help?

I've been using a specific IP address and port using Firefox's proxy for over a month now with no problem. But a few days ago, I tried accessing Neopets from the proxy as always, but it did not and still will not load. I keep getting this message:

The connection has timed out

The server at (you need an account to see links) is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I get this message with any other site as well. But if I take down the proxy, I can access the internet just fine. Any way to fix this without giving up my proxy? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Firefox, but it doesn't help. Thank you in advance.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Either the port for your proxy has been changed or multiple users are connected and bogging the connection down...

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by purplelizard View Post
    I've been using a specific IP address and port using Firefox's proxy for over a month now with no problem. But a few days ago, I tried accessing Neopets from the proxy as always, but it did not and still will not load. I keep getting this message:

The connection has timed out

The server at (you need an account to see links) is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I get this message with any other site as well. But if I take down the proxy, I can access the internet just fine. Any way to fix this without giving up my proxy? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Firefox, but it doesn't help. Thank you in advance.
    Who ever rented out the proxy cancelled either that or there end crashed completely like the proxy server itself is having technical difficulty and is off physically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skarl View Post
    Either the port for your proxy has been changed or multiple users are connected and bogging the connection down...
    I would say this too but more proxies should be able to hold up multiple users but that could be it also

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Would finding a new proxy and port raise red flags to TNT? The same combo has been used with this account even before I bought it. Also, I'm not too sure where I should go to find a new safe proxy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Would finding a new proxy and port raise red flags to TNT? The same combo has been used with this account even before I bought it. Also, I'm not too sure where I should go to find a new safe proxy.
    It depends on what country you've been using. The US is easier to track, as differentiated states and cities come up with easy research. China, however, (which is my preference) is a bit easier to manage... so if you've been venturing overseas, you'd be fine to make the transition.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've been working with one based in Colombia. Would it be best to stick with one in that country?

Sorry for all of the follow-up, I'm still getting used to all of this.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I've been working with one based in Colombia. Would it be best to stick with one in that country?
    Yeah, I don't recommend changing countries.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Sorry for all of the follow-up, I'm still getting used to all of this.
    No problem! We're here to help, even if @(you need an account to see links) is a total jerk (jk I guess).

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you for the help you two! I found a new proxy still in Columbia and it's working great. ^_^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Thank you for the help you two! I found a new proxy still in Columbia and it's working great. ^_^
    Great! I strongly recommend using one outside of the US, because the US is so easy to differentiate.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Firefox Proxy Help?

It's alright to change proxies most people use them aim for that same state/area.

@(you need an account to see links) is sexy

Last edited by Naked Gamer; 05-26-2014 at 04:19 PM.