19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m

Question about "reputation"

Hi! I've being a member of clraik for around a year already, and I've always wonder how to get to the "official clraik" banner showing under the name. I know it's with 100 rep and I do know what reputation is. My questions go to another matter.. which I'll explain now:

I've noticed how many people that are much more active than me on this site and maybe also have being for more time here... don't have the "official clraik" sign either, which makes me question: Do people here still care to give rep? or to get rep? I've noticed that for some things, and even for some trades, people ask as a requisite or seek for "official clraik" members to do trades with, so this can make my chances of doing things of this site lower. I've always tried to help people and do things for others (either if it is by my own will or to seek possible rep that can help me to get the banner) but still, I have only reached 39 rep points so far. I also read on the rep FAQ that the representative power increases every 90 days? Is this a thing that still happen, or it has nothing to do with points?

Also, should I actually care to try to keep going up on that number, or do you people thing is not a thing that matters too much? And also, any advice on how to get to 100 rep? How did you guys did it? How much did it took?

That's it mainly, thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I care about rep', but I'm not very "useful" in the people-give-me-rep'-for-helping-with-wtfever sense. I'm a buyer, not a seller/scripter/artist/whatever.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    831 times
    Time Online
    109d 7h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Yes, people are trying to get rep all the time, and I for one like to rep and there are others here who still like too! I know you can check top reputations somewhere, so it def proves that people still get rep around here.

Repuation power is just how much rep you can give, but techincally people can only give a max of 5 rep points unless you're a mod/admin.
    @(you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simmie For This Useful Post:

Banannie (04-22-2014),Pusheen (04-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    32d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    People rep. I've been on here for what seems like forever and I've never done enough to get enough reputation for official clraik, but I'm not too worried about it. I guess maybe more people pay attention if you have a higher level? lol. My advice is, just help people out. Answer a question if you know it. It'll all add up eventually.

DER HUMPINK

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brittanee For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (04-22-2014),Skarl (04-22-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmie View Post
    Yes, people are trying to get rep all the time, and I for one like to rep and there are others here who still like too! I know you can check top reputations somewhere, so it def proves that people still get rep around here.

Repuation power is just how much rep you can give, but techincally people can only give a max of 5 rep points unless you're a mod/admin.
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Ohh I understand then, I kind of had a mix in my head between rep power and reputation itself
    what kind of advise would you give to get more chances to get rep? like.. what part of clraik is where is a more constant or usual thing to do?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    831 times
    Time Online
    109d 7h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    Ohh I understand then, I kind of had a mix in my head between rep power and reputation itself
    what kind of advise would you give to get more chances to get rep? like.. what part of clraik is where is a more constant or usual thing to do?
    Chances to 'increase' getting repped?

-Lend people avatar items
    -Answer homework questions
    -Write a guide on stuff people would really like to know
    -And of course once in a while people will +rep for random tasks so keep your eyes open ^_^

9. The Following User Says Thank You to simmie For This Useful Post:

Cub (04-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 5m
    I got a lot of rep from the pricechecking board. People do rep, only bastards dont.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Cheese (04-28-2014),fairydust201 (04-24-2014),Ghosts (04-22-2014),simmie (04-23-2014),Skarl (04-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I like getting rep because it means that something I posted was helpful for someone, but I'm not interested too too much in the official clraik or top clraik positions. I really want that top poster userbar, though. I'm all about having a lot of userbars and site event stuff!

If you bake a cake for clraik that says 'clraik owns me' you can get 20 rep points from Joe and a userbar, too! Then you'll be up to 59 points!

Also, I try and give people rep. whenever I can. I wish I had more rep giving power!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

simmie (04-22-2014)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,872 times
    Time Online
    565d 2h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 12m
    Best and fastest way to get rep (by me and rep-happy people) is by

-) making a guide and users viewing find it useful
    -) participate in forum events (seasonal, (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links))
    -) helpful posts
    -) and of course this one is not done very often but any program that is deemed worthy gains 10 rep from me alone
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------