Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What do you think should be Illegal!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by k80 View Post
    I think our laws were long overdue for a bit of a tweak when we started inventing guns capable of rapid/mass casualties. I mean, the 2nd amendment was written when all we had was muskets, right? That you had to reload after each shot? IDK, I don't own guns nor am I brushed up on the history of it all. I think there needs to be a line drawn somewhere. Where that line is, I'm not sure. I'm open to debate. But on the far end of it: Can I drive a tank to work? Or fly a stealth bomber? There have been several laws written about guns that people don't bat an eye at, like firing into the air within city limits (because the bullet has to come down somewhere and that somewhere might be someone's head).

John Stewart I believe had a bit on his show that raised a good point, re: "stand your ground" laws. With SYG laws in effect, if concealed-carry license holder saw some chucklefuck with a point to prove walk into a Chipotle holding an AK47, would he have the right to shoot them because he perceived a threat to himself and those around him? If yes, don't we want a law in effect to prevent shootouts in the middle of goddamn restaurants for no reason?

I lean to the left.. but this argument makes me very sad.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I believe weed should be illegal except for very certain medical benefits such as helping with long-term disorders. Sure it may have all sorts of benefits, but what it does to people's lungs shouldn't be allowed. I mean basically what it's doing is like cigarette smoke but with even more nasty things that in the long term, will mess your lungs up. Not to mention the impaired judgement that can make someone get behind the wheel and seriously injure themselves, and others. Edibles are also crap cause they may not cause cancer like smoked weed but it still gives bad judgement. Then there's the chance some money hungry dealer laces it with some other crap like meth which messes lives up even more. Not to mention the horrible smell to everyone who is around it. Just not worth legalizing in my opinion.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    9d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    ritual slaughter of animals should be illegal. animals should not suffer for the pleasure of one's religion. i am perfectly fine with everyone's religion but don't let anyone ever suffer because it, animals included.

fur should also be illegal. but sadly they revoked that bill in my country.

there's probably a lot more

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablo View Post
    Anything can be addictive when you have an addictive personality. I can confirm that.
    Indeed, I luckily don't have a additive personality unless it's food or energy drinks, drugs though just nothing, I smoked for 8years then just have up one day cause I wanted to save money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablo View Post
    Anything can be addictive when you have an addictive personality. I can confirm that.
    This, unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

I've never smoked weed and I probably never will, but I still believe it should be legalized. Imagine how much taxpayer money would be saved if we weren't providing meals to people behind bars for having weed in their possession. And imagine how much money the government would collect in luxury tax if they put the marijuana products next to the tobacco products.

My two cents.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Useful Post:

Tablo (07-14-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I really gotta say: Faith healing when dealing with life threatening illness. I know it already is illegal some places, but it needs to be illegal more places.