Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

the dangers of piercings?

so today i went to get my nose pierced
    i've had it done before but didn't like the position so i took it out to get it moved and coincidentally my dad called me right when i was about to fill out the form and asked where i was and when i told him he freaked out??
    he let me get it done last time but it was hard to convince him since he's like sketched out by those tattoo places and thinks they're unsanitary and made me go to a nail salon in the mall that does piercings too, but they used a gun and i want it done properly so i went to a tattoo and piercings place. SOoo he went on about how i'll get hepatitis and i never listen to him and it's so dangerous getting piercings??? like what
    i tried to convince him it's perfectly sanitary and alright but he was just like WHATEVER do what you want, you won't listen to anything i say anyway and i was like omgg if you dont want me to get it done, just say so and i wont (such a good daughter) and he's like then don't. so i hung up b/c upset and just walked out.
    but my mom talked to him about it and he says to look into all the piercing places in town and find out which ones best and make sure they're super safe and sanitary BUT how are you supposed to do that and is getting piercings really dangerous? i've never heard someone suggest that before so i don't really know where he's coming from

tl;dr can i get diseased and die from getting my nose pierced

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    wouldnt know man, never been to get any piersings because i think its pointless and never had a tatoo coz i can never decide what to have
    i luv. i said i luv to hack

Avatar Ss List (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    The best wazy to get anything peirced is to go to a shop that does tattoos/peircings or solely peircings. It's also much better if they use a needle, cleaner and less likely to get infected. The machines are harder to clean and a lot of the people that use them don't know how to clean them out properly.

Always go somewhere that uses needles, even if it doesn't get infected, the likelyhood of complications is a lot less. TBH, you're a lot better off going to a shop than the mall for that sort of stuff. If you're worried, you can call up the shop and ask them how they clean out the machine, and aftercare and stuff. Also, internet reviews are really helpful.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, but if it's something that is bothering you, you can always get your blood drawn to find out if you contracted anything.

Remember though: Peircing guns BAD news! Needles SAFE! They throw them away after every use.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    The best wazy to get anything peirced is to go to a shop that does tattoos/peircings or solely peircings. It's also much better if they use a needle, cleaner and less likely to get infected. The machines are harder to clean and a lot of the people that use them don't know how to clean them out properly.

Always go somewhere that uses needles, even if it doesn't get infected, the likelyhood of complications is a lot less. TBH, you're a lot better off going to a shop than the mall for that sort of stuff. If you're worried, you can call up the shop and ask them how they clean out the machine, and aftercare and stuff. Also, internet reviews are really helpful.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, but if it's something that is bothering you, you can always get your blood drawn to find out if you contracted anything.

Remember though: Peircing guns BAD news! Needles SAFE! They throw them away after every use.
    i'm not worried about it but i don't know how to convince him because he's being stubborn. i dont think these sites really have online reviews, but i guess that's a good idea to check for. thank you!!

beddoedv it's okay, i would never be able to decide on a tattoo either

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cute For This Useful Post:

Banannie (03-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I actually read the other day there have been more cases of people getting hep from the dentist then from tattoo shops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    I actually read the other day there have been more cases of people getting hep from the dentist then from tattoo shops!

here here. dentist is a great idea!!!!!
    i luv. i said i luv to hack

Avatar Ss List (you need an account to see links)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Wow what country? Here in Australia the rules around clean instruments are tough even in tattoo parlours these days.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I think it was America :3

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I think it was America :3
    Australia FTW :3

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    20d 18h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Just find a reputable tattoo/piercing parlour that doesn't use guns and you'll be sweet! I found mine by asking friends or you could even ask online if you live in a populous area c:

i'm back baybeeee | nfi what i'm doing tho

avatar/signature images from a erwin/levi sfw doujin by hakodume/tama;
    their pixiv is sadly deactivated