9/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    80d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m

Do you have any weird phobias?

I'm trying really hard not to puke right now. I have a stomach of steel - I can look at anything (poop, puke, wounds, pus) and not feel anything. I'm actually fascinated by that sort of stuff.

But it's late and I'm bored, and I googled "why am I grossed out by certain textures". Apparently it's called trypophobia (which is the fear of "asymmetrical holes occurring either naturally or unnaturally") so of course the next thing I searched was "trypophobia" because I wanted to learn more about it.

WHAM. Tons of images on my screen of... those... icky holes.

I started gagging and here I am, still trying to control my stomach. Oh my god. I can't even look it up to read more about it for fear that I'm going to accidentally see more pictures.

So do you have any weird phobias?

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Edit: I'm looking at a bunch of pictures now. I feel so fucking nauseous. So much for trying to face my fears...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forever For This Useful Post:

AskJeeves (06-27-2014),Banannie (03-12-2014),Frump (07-05-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I'm afraid of general practitioners and a few other types of doctors. I don't get physicals unless I'm required by school to get them and I'm basically so sick I'm dying. I've had to be dragged before. (this one is the worst)

I'm afraid of talking on the phone. I talk on the phone once a month if that. I can go months without talking to someone on the phone. Though I do text.

I'm afraid of confrontation and criticism in real life but not online. I actually have elaborate routes that I've crafted to avoid people and even professors that I have unsettled issues with. I take them every day and if a new person is added to the list the route has to be changed.

I'm a hypochondriac. So I guess I have a fear of being sick. Just today I was convinced I had MS (multiple sclerosis)

And lastly I have a fear of doing my homework. But LOL that's not a joke. I have a fear of being wrong. In classes I will disregard my own answers if someone tells me they have an answer. Like for example in my linguistics class there was a question:
    many speakers of yiddish come from _______
    my friend whispered during the quiz Antarctica as I crossed it out. she was joking but I didn't realize it so I chose it anyway. it's an on going joke but that's just how ridiculous it gets. no ones live in fucking Antarctica...

I'll be going to the psychiatrist now ~~~~~~
    Last edited by Sociopath; 03-08-2014 at 01:26 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

AskJeeves (06-27-2014),Forever (03-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    472 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I'm afraid of horses. :| And ducks. Put me near a man-eating tiger, but don't you dare let a fucking duck or a damn horse near me. I love vicious carnivores, I love spiders, I love snakes and creepy crawlies, but horses and ducks.. nah fuck that.

I guess I also have some sort of variation of being scared of textures? But not really looking at them, just feeling them mostly. If something that has a weird texture touches me, I have to rub it with my hand for a good five minutes to get the feeling off. Or if someone else touches me, I have to rub it off. Just, things touching me are a no-go. :|

As for fairly normal things, I have really bad social anxiety so I'm scared of being around people, which is why I dropped out of school oops, and of talking on the phone, which sucks because I work talking to people on the phone, and I actually realized that I hold my breathe while I'm talking to people because they scare me so bad.

I'm also scared of mirrors/windows/any reflective surfaces. I'm super scared of fire, which is why I've never attempted cooking or anything of the sort.

I'm scared of being abandoned or forgotten. I used to cry the entire time I rode in the car with my mom if I didn't know where we were going because I'd also think she was going to abandon me some place far away from home.

And while on that topic, I'm also scared of cars, driving, and just roads in general. And I'm not sure if this is really a fear or just anxiety, but I'm also scared of killing anything while I'm driving, ie. even just a little frog on the road. I hyperventilate and will cry for hours if I even THINK I've hit anything. Also, planes. Scared of those bad boys too. I took my first plane ride a few months ago and hyperventilated and cried for five hours straight there, and five hours back.

I'm scared of silence, which also irritates me because silence gives me a really bad headache.
    I'm scared of shadows, mostly shadows that are cast through windows. I'm scared of not being able to scream, or attempting to and no sound coming out.
    I'm scared of running out of time, and not being able to do anything with my life; which is ironic because I'm really lazy and the biggest procrastinator I know. I worry and cry about it constantly, though.

Andddd this one is obvious but a little weird in my case, I'm scared of death. I haven't had anyone close to me die yet, and I'm anxiously anticipating the day that death finally devastates me. I get extremely anxious and worried if my mom, my sister, or my boyfriend are gone anywhere for too long, and I always try to go with them to wherever they're going to make sure they don't die, or that I at least die with them.

And it's not really a fear or anything, but when people make noises while they're chewing - it's some sort of disorder where you're hypersensitive to those noises - I HAVE THAT. I FUCKING HATE EVERYONE THAT SMACKS WHILE THEY FUCKING EAT AND I WANT RIP MY EARS OFF AND FEED MY EARS TO THEM WHILE I BREAK THEIR JAWS IN HALF. Ahem.

So yep. 8|
    Last edited by Umbreon; 03-08-2014 at 01:58 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Umbreon For This Useful Post:

Forever (03-08-2014),Sociopath (03-08-2014)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    @(you need an account to see links) WTF I LOOKED UP THE TYPE OF TEXTURES YOURE TALKING ABOUT AND IM GETTIG CHILLS
    UGH THATS SO GROSS WHY DID I DO THIS TO MYSELf

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

AskJeeves (06-27-2014),Forever (03-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    31d 23h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    I'm trying really hard not to puke right now. I have a stomach of steel - I can look at anything (poop, puke, wounds, pus) and not feel anything. I'm actually fascinated by that sort of stuff.

But it's late and I'm bored, and I googled "why am I grossed out by certain textures". Apparently it's called trypophobia (which is the fear of "asymmetrical holes occurring either naturally or unnaturally") so of course the next thing I searched was "trypophobia" because I wanted to learn more about it.

WHAM. Tons of images on my screen of... those... icky holes.

I started gagging and here I am, still trying to control my stomach. Oh my god. I can't even look it up to read more about it for fear that I'm going to accidentally see more pictures.

So do you have any weird phobias?

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Edit: I'm looking at a bunch of pictures now. I feel so fucking nauseous. So much for trying to face my fears...
    Same shit with me ^
    when I was a kid and would play on monkey bars i'd get that bubbly texture on my thumbs.. :s

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    79d 2h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I cringe looking at sharp objects for to long. For some reason I feel like its going to stab my in my eyes for not apparent reason.
    & I don't like looking at googly eyes. Makes my eyes hurt.. Oh and if you wanna see something nasty... WELL NEVER LET ANYONE SHOW YOU THE NASTY PIMPLE POPING SHIT ONLINE. Its like so disgusting and leaves like couple inch holes in their body afterword. Or watch what a C-section looks like..you will pass out.

is it spooky season yet?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I have a phobia of the dark, I really hate sleeping in the dark (unless it's pitch black.) because shadows of objects kinda creep me out. I don't know why, I know that the shadow is a lamp or a chair or something, but it's just so... dark and ominous.

I have a fear of thunderstorms, too. Don't wanna get electrocuted!

And a blood fear. It makes me queazy and makes me wanna faint. I can't deal with the colour, the consistency, getting my blood drawn I'll faint sometimes.... seeing it on T.V. - special effects or the news broadcasting a hurt person... can't do it, no no no. Blood is THE WORST. D= Just talking about it makes me feel lightheaded.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

Dot (06-26-2014)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,168 times
    Time Online
    558d 8h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by monsters View Post

I guess I also have some sort of variation of being scared of textures? But not really looking at them, just feeling them mostly. If something that has a weird texture touches me, I have to rub it with my hand for a good five minutes to get the feeling off. Or if someone else touches me, I have to rub it off. Just, things touching me are a no-go. :|
    I'm really similar!
    There are some things that I see and I know I don't like the texture when, but I HAVE to rub it anyway. But other things I just avoid completely. There's this tile game (rummikub) my family played for a bit and we got a new set, but the tiles were made of a different material and I couldn't stand to hold them, so I just stopped playing.
    I don't really consider it a fear, more just a weird compulsion type thing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

AskJeeves (06-27-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I have big-time misophonia. Don't you dare suck on anything, breath loudly, chew anything, sniff, or snore anywhere near me unless you really want to be punched. I only have a few visual cues, thank god. Don't do that annoying repetitive leg shaking shit when sitting down. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

16. The Following User Says Thank You to EdenQueen For This Useful Post:

Umbreon (03-08-2014)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Old women

I'm probs not going to check this topic again, for fear that someone's going to post a picture of a scary old woman and I'll end up with nightmares D:
    I know it's completely unreasonable, and the dumbest things will trigger it (although older women IRL don't usually trigger it), but I've been scared by old women characters in Harry Potter and Tangled (for instance; to demonstrate how stupid I realize this phobia is, but I can't help it!). I was inconsolable after watching this movie about the Brothers Grimm, it was about two years ago but I don't want to go into it because it still scares me a little when I think about it.