Thread: [GUIDE] What is SOPA? (and how it can make us sad)

Threaded View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    9h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

[GUIDE] What is SOPA? (and how it can make us sad)

SOPA - Stop Online Piracy Act

The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) is a United States bill introduced by U.S. Representative Lamar S. Smith (R-TX) to expand the ability of U.S. law enforcement to fight online trafficking in copyrighted intellectual property and counterfeit goods. Provisions include the requesting of court orders to bar advertising networks and payment facilities from conducting business with infringing websites, and search engines from linking to the sites, and court orders requiring Internet service providers to block access to the sites. The law would expand existing criminal laws to include unauthorized streaming of copyright material, imposing a maximum penalty of five years in prison.

Basically the law want to stop downloads of the things that could / should be purchased and all the websites that do not agree with the law (Google, Wikipedia, Facebook, Twitter,etc).

So we won't be able to watch our tv shows, movies, download games or make everything cool that we want on the internet

I've searching for a thread like this and I didn't found it, i think its important, and YOU agree with the law or not?

PS.: I don't know if i'm on the right section :x
    Last edited by itsjuaum; 01-25-2012 at 03:06 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itsjuaum For This Useful Post:

Monark (01-25-2012),samy4612 (02-06-2012),zxzero (02-01-2012)