68/0
    Mentioned
    582 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Theres the problem. Mods shouldn't be able to perm delete unless you're a super/admin.
    I see no problem there at all? I think I've perm deleted once and I asked @(you need an account to see links) before I did.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxamillion View Post
    I see no problem there at all? I think I've perm deleted once and I asked @(you need an account to see links) before I did.
    Some of the other mods however do not do that, and I would know.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Thing is, if you were not a super mod, you would not be saying that.
    No I would be saying that because unlike you, I've run multiple forums before and this is where the power abuse happens.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    97 times
    Time Online
    9h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    As a mod on another forum, there are dozens of reasons why your post could get deleted, even if you think there's not a legitimate reason.
    We have to delete hundreds of posts a day, and if it's nothing to warrant a warning or an infraction, it would be too hard to let everyone know why their post was deleted every time it happens.
    Like they said^, just PM a mod if you really want to know. You've just gotta know that it's too much of a hassle without a send-message-on-delete-post option.
    Firstly, this is not a forum where hundreds of posts a day are deleted. If hundreds of posts are being deleted, then something is very wrong, and I would say that it is most likely that the staff is to blame. This is a relatively small forum, where most of the moderators know a lot of the members personally, and where both groups actively mingle with each other on a casual, chatty basis.

Except, of course, that if someone says something which annoys one of those moderators, even if that other person is not to blame in any way, they get their contribution to a discussion removed. For what seems to be no reason. It just disappears.

I'd like to think I'm a responsible person, and a responsible poster. I'd like to think that if somebody disagrees with that idea I have of myself, that they should let me know. We, responsible people, tend to take such messages of disagreement in a way which should not put people off sending them.

All I'm getting from these replies is that it is acceptable to use moderator power for personal gain, as long as it is kept quiet. As long as it can be covered up with the excuse that it is too time-consuming, too personal to provide a proper explanation for deleted posts: on such an apparently impersonal forum, such as this one. To be honest, it makes me question the choice of moderators, more than anything else.
    Fatality.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Inq View Post
    Firstly, this is not a forum where hundreds of posts a day are deleted. If hundreds of posts are being deleted, then something is very wrong, and I would say that it is most likely that the staff is to blame. This is a relatively small forum, where most of the moderators know a lot of the members personally, and where both groups actively mingle with each other on a casual, chatty basis.

Except, of course, that if someone says something which annoys one of those moderators, even if that other person is not to blame in any way, they get their contribution to a discussion removed. For what seems to be no reason. It just disappears.

I'd like to think I'm a responsible person, and a responsible poster. I'd like to think that if somebody disagrees with that idea I have of myself, that they should let me know. We, responsible people, tend to take such messages of disagreement in a way which should not put people off sending them.

All I'm getting from these replies is that it is acceptable to use moderator power for personal gain, as long as it is kept quiet. As long as it can be covered up with the excuse that it is too time-consuming, too personal to provide a proper explanation for deleted posts: on such an apparently impersonal forum, such as this one. To be honest, it makes me question the choice of moderators, more than anything else.
    Thats why I question why regular mods have the power to perm delete things.

Harry Potter
    I never realized so many posts seem to be getting deleted. I personally have never deleted any of your posts @(you need an account to see links) but if you like to make an inquiry as to why they were deleted or who did it feel free to send me a pm and I can try and figure something out for you.

As for the staff doing perm or soft delete, I only notice a few members who actually delete things. As for @(you need an account to see links), he asks me a lot if he can delete or lock something since he is new to modding, so if someone has issue with him then please feel free to take that up with me as well.

With the soft deletes I usually look at the reason for deletion and I don't have a problem with it. I don't know what post you are referring to so I cannot give an opinion in regards to that matter.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    21h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Inq View Post

I understand that there probably aren't hundreds of posts being deleted here, seeing as this is a new community, but why is the idea of corruption within the mods so persistent in your mind?
    As I've seen, the mods will tell you what you're doing wrong, if it's important.
    If you see your post deleted, then take it as a small warning to not post what you did.
    If you want it expanded upon, simply PM a mod asking what you did wrong.
    I don't see what this has to do with mod corruption.
    It is simply too much of a hassle. Nothing more, nothing less. Would you rather have pages upon pages upon pages of useless warnings filling up your UserCP, or have a simple conversation with a mod explaining why your post was deleted?
    Although, I agree that normal mods shouldn't be able to perm delete things, seeing as they're the lowest tier. Not that they can't be trusted, but more as giving super mods an oversight of what's being deleted by normal mods.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Yeah, from personal experience both as a User and Mod on other forums, the fewer the people who have power to perm delete something, the better. Though you'll still have the eternal issue of quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    2h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I get like dis when my stuff is deleted ---->

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasterMind0wnz For This Useful Post:

GTO (01-25-2012),Nodochi (01-25-2012)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Sorry for this happening. Actually, this is my fault as I never knew Super Mods and Mods were able to perm delete in the first place..

This has been changed and if anyone has a post deleted, please ask me or Sherri for the reason. If anyone else has a suggestion similar to this, please PM me about it and do not publicly post here, which may lead to a huge argument.

I know there are small things that need to be changed and yes, I am slowly fixing all of the site content and usergroup settings.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Cara (01-25-2012),Danny (01-25-2012),GTO (01-25-2012),IndigoSunset (01-25-2012),J_L_K_64 (01-26-2012),MasterMind0wnz (01-25-2012),Mikey (01-25-2012)