Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    12h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I know and the sad thing is, most of the people IRL that have heard about it, didn't know it would be that strict or harsh. They just think it will prevent (for the most part) pirating media, rather than such hefty reinforcement against copyright infringement. They'll start to revolt when their precious facebook profiles are no longer accessible. XD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    19d 22h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Yup, its gonna be a big slap in the face if it passes. They will have a new wake up call cause shits gonna go down ugly. Like i told ./m, i hate living in the generation, a lot of people don't even care about shit like this, they rather party hardy and not worry about crap cause they wanna be young. I'll be the one with a big sign protesting outside the white house while everyone else is twiddling their thumbs.

Infamous Joe is you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    12h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I imagine it will greatly affect the business for ISPs. I know a lot of people (mainly older people that don't use the internet much) that just have service FOR sites with user uploaded content like facebook and youtube. They can pretty much kiss their money goodbye

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    19d 22h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Other prominent sites that are reported to be participating in the January 18 blackout are Cheezburger Sites, Mojang, Major League Gaming, and Boing Boing.

Wider protests have been considered and in some cases committed to by major internet sites, with high profile bodies such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, AOL, Reddit, Mozilla, LinkedIn, IAC, eBay, PayPal, Wordpress and Wikimedia being widely named as "considering" or committed to an "unprecedented" internet blackout on January 18, 2012.

Well i'm not which of the major internet sites are going but those are some that might tomorrow.

(that was from wiki, link is on first page)

Infamous Joe is you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Yup, its gonna be a big slap in the face if it passes. They will have a new wake up call cause shits gonna go down ugly. Like i told ./m, i hate living in the generation, a lot of people don't even care about shit like this, they rather party hardy and not worry about crap cause they wanna be young. I'll be the one with a big sign protesting outside the white house while everyone else is twiddling their thumbs.

I'd be right there with ya... once I found out about SOPA and PIPA... I was shocked.. this would be as bad as the Chinese Internet situation... I bet there will be more young people protesting when sites like Facebook and Twitter cease to exist, like others have said. It wont even stop piracy since The black market will always thrive, so I don't understand why its getting so much praise in Congress... maybe because they have contracts with the big entertainment companies to get more $$$. Big ol Corporate Greed to the failing company called the United States. If this is passed... grr.. I'll miss Facebook and Youtube the most :'( They are messing with our 1st amendment and they think its ok... weird huh