Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever heard of the Phelps? Fred Phelps?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Anyone ever heard of the Phelps? Fred Phelps?

I just wondered if anyone has ever heard of them. They go to the supreme court alot, picket funerals, etc etc. Any thoughts on this? Heard of them? What do you think about them?

I personally think they are horrible people. Like I wouldnt kill "gays" or tell them they are going to hell if I think they are. Or tell them god hates them. And they say God hates America. Research them. Half of you in the USA have to know who they are if you care about politics at all. They are quite popular. I just wondered seeing as they live around 3 blocks from me in their compound

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    They protested at my former high school. Lawl.

Worst scum on Earth, basically. ^_____^

You in Topeka? I lived there for a year, haha. WRHS?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Leet For This Useful Post:

Matthew (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah I live in topeka, from the wichita area beforehand so i been in the area my whole life. washburn rural? My siblings go there i'm pretty sure. Right off of wanamaker. Anyways yeah crazy people, always picketing the streets. Why you live here a year? Family military?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    2d 16h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    ugh fuck that "church" (lol if you can call it that.)
    some of their horrible narrow minded minions were on the Tyra Banks show, it it was creepy, kinda.
    They're like mindless robots sippin the purple cool aid

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayon For This Useful Post:

Matthew (01-11-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    They have gotten a lot worse over the years. The protesting of the funerals of the dead is just rude and disrespectful.

I actually met Shirley Phelps in California a few years ago when I went over there with my boyfriend and his mom. We saw them set up Anti-American and I Hate Fag signs near a busy street. I tried to convince her what she was doing was wrong but she was just as stupid and rude as she is now. When I told her I was gay, she kept telling me that I was going to burn in hell. What ended up happening was I started making up with my boyfriend in front of her and her daughter to piss them off. It was fun but then we had to leave This was ~3 years ago.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azn For This Useful Post:

Leet (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah man their is no reasoning with them or having a conversation with them .. They will just repeat vulgar slurs over and over again till you walk away. As well, you cant even harm them. The family is very educated in all honesty. The father, is a lawyer with half a dozen other family members as well and they've won every case they ever fought in the Supreme court and they have so much protection. You cant fuck with them or your fucking ass is dead. They stand at streets by churches and the busy roads all the time when they aren't out of state and its just so ridiculous.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Yeah I live in topeka, from the wichita area beforehand so i been in the area my whole life. washburn rural? My siblings go there i'm pretty sure. Right off of wanamaker. Anyways yeah crazy people, always picketing the streets.
    When I was a kid (I'm in in grad school now), my dad wanted to downgrade to a less-stressful university to teach at, so he came to Washburn University. Then half a year later, this badass college offered him a salary he couldn't refuse (and it was his dream teaching position at dream college), so we just decided to move. It was pretty weird but I can't say I'm upset about it, because I've been living in Boston ever since xD.

However, oh my god our house. 5 bedroom, 4.5 bath. 300k. Topeka was just so awesome. We had a huge backyard.

*move to Boston*
    4 bedroom 3 bath? 1.2mil please.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Lol right? Thats fucking crazy someone in Kansas/lived here ever cheats on neo, let alone plays it It's freaking rare honestly. I enjoy it though, i'm the small town living type. And it's cheap living yeah, thats another bonus. If you moved from Boston or somewhere big where you get paid more for the same job to a town like this you would be freaking rich haha if you saved even alittle! That's awesome though, I just literally moved here in September.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I always thought that at least someone must have played Neopets. It *was* popular for a while, no? :p

you would be freaking rich haha if you saved even alittle!
    Extremely.

Where are you at? Shawnee Mission? Etc...

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Lol uh idk, in Washburn School District. On 10th and fairlawn approx. Its fairly close to the mall and wal mart. So really close to Wanamaker. I'm positive you know that area