DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    To make the distinguish that "more people aren't joining" is your argument. I don't think more people aren't joining. If I didn't quote it, then grammatically, it'd be making the point that I agree that more people aren't joining, but disagree about the reason as to why.

if neopoints are cheaper on this site than on another site, people might be more willing to come over here because of the neopoints
    The Neopoint rate is the same across all major sites. If it's not a major site and they have a higher rate of Neopoints, then the reason they're joining is because of lack of awareness on their part rather than Neopoints being too high on CK's part.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    5d 13h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    You're trying to make it seem like I'm saying the ONLY reason people aren't joining this site is because neopoint prices are too high. I'm not doing that. I'm just saying more people may be likely to join if they say "hey.. this site has cheaper points than the site I'm currently on". How is that wrong? If you were on site A and you saw that site B had cheaper neopoints and you were looking to buy neopoints, wouldn't you go to site B?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    I'm just saying more people may be likely to join if they say "hey.. this site has cheaper points than the site I'm currently on". How is that wrong? If you were on site A and you saw that site B had cheaper neopoints and you were looking to buy neopoints, wouldn't you go to site B?
    Mmkay, you're right that cheaters would be more likely to come to CK if NP rates were lower here than other sites. I was thinking about new members in general e.g. including those that don't cheat, and so on.

Unfortunately, this wouldn't actually work that way in practice. If one major site starts experiencing massive deflation, then sellers may travel elsewhere to sell while buyers come in to take advantage of the cheaper goods. Sellers on other sites then lower their prices to cope with this rates change.

In the end, it all evens out.
    Last edited by Leet; 01-10-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Someone was buying a Draik egg for 8$ from me (1.60/mil) but I was advised by a mod that the min here is 2$/mil. So I updated my price and the buyer left (came with a shell as well).

Buyers are going to be stingy ;_;