27/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Shell trading ideas

I buy a lot of shells whenever I can, some i use to store ABed items, some just use them to AB, but i freeze them sometimes, mostly when i feel that they are compromised or i just transfer items to my main.

long story short, i bet a lot of people are in need of shells from time to time, but it's frustrating not knowing where to get one (PM people asking, posting on thread, reading threads, etc etc)

could we have a simpler shell trading thread (stickied) where we could all go to shop? 'Post here if you have shells to sell' kinda thing.

the idea is that someone (i'd volunteer) will be in charge of storing and updating information (who has shells, how many they have and selling) into the first page of the thread. Then anyone who comes to want to purchase will be able to contact the person directly?

what do you guys think?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    It's easy enough to find sellers in neo trading. There's no need for a specific thread for all shell sales. If the forum was to do this they would also make a separate section for np sales and others. It works best when everything is in one big neo trading section.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Wouldn't the simpler solution be to just find a supplier? There are people with literally thousands of shells to unload.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    5d 13h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'd like it, I've been through that situation where I've had a bit of trouble finding shells, also if they're all in the same place people would have an easier time comparing prices

Thanks
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    You can always search "shells" in the search bar on top and look at the neo trading threads.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Carrot For This Useful Post:

Leet (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    comparing prices
    This is actually reason for why we shouldn't have such a section. Making it this easy for the buyer is disadvantageous to the seller.

If you're going to get a good deal on a bulk pack of shells, it should be because you were in the right place at the right time or because you looked hard for it rather than just coming across it in a compiled shell thread o_o

Additionally, that would be a race to the bottom. Just imagine if you had a compiled Neopoints selling thread where everyone was trying to outbeat the prices of the poster above them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Leet For This Useful Post:

Carrot (01-10-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    5d 13h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Leet View Post
    This is actually reason for why we shouldn't have such a section. Making it this easy for the buyer is disadvantageous to the seller.

If you're going to get a good deal on a bulk pack of shells, it should be because you were in the right place at the right time or because you looked hard for it rather than just coming across it in a compiled shell thread o_o

Additionally, that would be a race to the bottom. Just imagine if you had a compiled Neopoints selling thread where everyone was trying to outbeat the prices of the poster above them.
    That would be great, I guess you're a seller lol. If neopoints were cheaper on this forum than on others maybe a good amount of new people might join

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    If neopoints were cheaper on this forum than on others maybe a good amount of new people might join
    Cheaper than $1.75-$2.00/million?

I highly doubt the reason "more people aren't joining" is because Neopoints are too expensive.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    If prices for everything were dirt cheap all sellers would leave this forum and there would be no market here at all. No one wants to sell stuff for next to nothing. Prices are already too deflated as it is.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Carrot For This Useful Post:

Leet (01-10-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    5d 13h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I highly doubt the reason "more people aren't joining" is because Neopoints are too expensive.
    ------
    Who did you quote saying "more people aren't joining"? I don't know where that came from... I was simply trying to say that if neopoints are cheaper on this site than on another site, people might be more willing to come over here because of the neopoints and staying for all the other cool stuff this site has to offer. Carrot has a good point though