Thread: some extra tips for securing ucs [or], blending accounts to make owning a new uc believable

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

some extra tips for securing ucs [or], blending accounts to make owning a new uc believable

another uc securing guide? why??

because sometimes the average joe needs a few extra pointers and those are what i'm offering.

so u got a uc right, and it came on a shell?

IT'S A PROCESS!!! you obviously can't dive into things right away. some people let the account sit for months on end, collecting dust and doing nothing while the hours tick by and you get closer to having that uc on your main with no suspicions.

but here's some things you can do to make the process less tedious and boring, and some ways to actually make use of both accounts. some of these are trite but no less important.

JUUUUUST as a note this works better for lower-end ucs, or bn/vbn higher tiered ones. ones that people don't have on lists or stalk. i'd recommend putting a hit counter on the pet's lookup, something small and discreet so you can see if people actually are stalking it if you're worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Daviid View Post
    If someone does put a visitors counter use something like
    HTML Code:
    <div style="display:none;">"Counter"</div>
    to hide it.
    just so nobody gets suspicious
    thank you @(you need an account to see links) for this! i had been trying to think of a way to do that but i'm not savvy so it probably wasn't going to happen lmao

- get as much info about the account as you can. the obvious three, email/pass/bday, but also things that some might overlook. if there's an email history, grab that. pin number is obviously important, too. screenshot the nfs on it, the guild message board for the guild it's in (if any), and certain aspects that only someone that owns the account could see. the inbox will likely be empty, but if it isn't (and the messages are from someone other than tnt) read the messages and take notes on what they say. offers on tp lots, general chatter, and offers on the pet(s) in question if any (big one here!) are good things to keep track of.

- check the nc transaction log. if you're worried tnt might stick their nose in that business, and the purchase history involves paypal or credit card info, make up some story to put aside about an SO or someone else that would have let you use the info. this usually isn't a big deal, but if you're frozen knowing whether or not the account has a history of buying nc is often the big kicker. tnt will bend over backwards to help people that buy nc, and i'd even recommend buying nc on the shell to purchase customization items for the pets you're securing. if you end up losing the uc and account somehow, 5 dollars probably isn't going to be that big of a deal.

- use the shell. start building it up. put a (NICE, free) userlookup on it. if it has things like different pictures that are easily interchangeable with other pictures, do that! take a layout and make it YOURS. anyone can slap a premade lookup on something, but putting time and effort into making it look like you're actually USING it can make a difference. build the avatar count. if you're good at games, get those. tnt likes to say earning np on your sides is against the rules, but they rarely, if ever, enforce it. if you're super duper paranoid about this, donate the np to the money tree. i've seen people mention how they have done this because they have 'accidentally' done dailies and have 'accidentally' won np, but whatever. (though turning off trudy is a good move bc it's fucking annoying)

- make your name, gender, and location the same. this is a big one. a lot of people suggest using proxies for building up shells, but what is actually far more believable than suddenly getting a uc from a seemingly unrelated account is that you discovered a forgotten side account (it helps if the shell is older than your main, but it's not entirely necessary. HOPEFULLY the account pre-dates the conversion, but this isn't necessary either. tnt has arbitrary rules they make up on the fly for how long they can trace pet trades, but if you're minding your own business you're fine. other people are the problem.) and found your new 'main side', and decided to spruce it up to eventually trade the pet to your main. or, you can keep the ucs there - it's up to you. you just want to make sure the accounts look related.

- it's an entirely believable excuse that you made an account, set the location, and moved. i've lived in three different states over the past 3 years. people move, it happens, and it's not a big deal. (pretty sure my main still says i live in illinois, which i haven't for probably those 3 years :p)

- you can mention on your lookup about how you dug up an old neopets notebook when you moved a while ago and found your shitty hand-written username, password, and birthday (that's different because you were a little child then and wanted to bypass the board ban u sneaky thing) and just decided to actually look in it today and do something with that account. whoa it has a uc on it how cool i remember painting (pet's name) myself!!!!!!!!!!!! or something about feeling nostalgic and trading for this pet and forgetting and it's here whoaaa!!!!! if it's relatable, it's believable.

- if you have nf's you talk to regularly or a guild you chat in, chill. everyone's mentioned accounts they've long since forgotten the info to with embarrassing usernames and really ugly stuff. maybe you can't remember the username, but you remember the pass. finding an account 'you' 'lost' is NOT what gets you in trouble. being careless does. remember, the only people that can see your birthday are you and tnt. not having identical birthdays on an account is usually not a big deal either. a handful of my own accounts i've created have different years and even different days for the bday. not a big deal!

- say that someone remembers the account you've acquired and are using, and try to make friendly or are wondering why you're so different. if you don't want to ignore them, or they're persistent, just say personal reasons. honestly, people change over time and if it's been years since that user and 'you' have talked, anything could have happened. if it isn't, if they're not a dickhole, they'll drop it. if YOU'RE a dickhole, make up something traumatic. that'll usually shut them up.

- try and pick a theme for the side account that matches your main. i mentioned in another thread having two galleries that relate to one another, and sending items from your main to the side for the gallery. one gallery can be fruits, the other veggies, etc. you want to make it look like you honestly own the account, and you honestly care about it. spend a good few hours on the account every day if you can afford it, doing whatever normal tasks you'd do on your main.

- if you frequent the boards, lurk for a little while. this is true to all uc securing guides. so long as you don't draw attention to yourself, you'll be fine. if you're not a big poster in the first place, keep building up your side account and eventually (after a few months (which haven't been as boring because you've been working SO HARD ON YOUR (new) OLD SIDE)) start offering on pets if trading is what you're after. offer via neomail at first; MANY people do not have their pets uft until the right pet shows up. i've gotten neomail offers from people i've never seen post on the boards before. if you don't use the boards anyway, your life is a whole lot easier. do try to offer smartly and fairly; big overoffers or big underoffers, or offers that seem desperate, are kind of a tip off that something's not right.

- don't panic. like, this is the most basic of info i or anyone can give out. it's risky business, but acting like you're doing something wrong will make people THINK you're doing something wrong. acting natural is the best thing you can do for yourself in this situation.

that's kind of it? idk they might seem kind of 'duh' but these are just some of the things i've done for myself that have helped me out.
    Last edited by Crowley; 10-23-2015 at 08:00 PM.

blessed by @Clefairy for a prosperous and eggy 2022
    and blessed by @honeycomb with snek on a string crowley ily

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Crowley For This Useful Post:

Aura (10-23-2015),Bettser (10-18-2015),Bowsette (10-18-2015),chinchillasquared (02-01-2018),Corvid (06-03-2016),DJ Music Man (10-19-2015),genesis (04-30-2021),learningtoneopet1 (10-23-2015),Lentil (02-15-2024),Maison (12-21-2015),metaldroga (10-18-2015),Nameless Ghoul (02-12-2021),Nixx (10-19-2015),Patches (11-01-2016),Poppy (10-22-2015),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (10-18-2015),Rainey (10-24-2015),Raposa (10-22-2015),Ribbon (10-18-2015),sheli (11-11-2020),Sone (02-03-2016),Stardew (01-22-2023),Toodaloo (07-29-2023),Wisp (12-22-2020),Zapdos (11-28-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Do you think there needs to be a minimum age for the main you're moving the UC to?

Would it be suspicious to see a UC on a twelve months account?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    13d 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by RaineyM View Post
    Do you think there needs to be a minimum age for the main you're moving the UC to?

Would it be suspicious to see a UC on a twelve months account?
    People do get suspicious, but on the other hand they'd understand if someone wants to change mains. so it all depends on a lot of things that i can't articulate right now 3:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ribbon For This Useful Post:

Rainey (10-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbon View Post
    People do get suspicious, but on the other hand they'd understand if someone wants to change mains. so it all depends on a lot of things that i can't articulate right now 3:
    If you get a chance, or someone else could shed some more light on this that'll be great

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    If someone does put a visitors counter use something like
    HTML Code:
    <div style="display:none;">"Counter"</div>
    to hide it.
    just so nobody gets suspicious
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Sure, if you think it's useful
    |
    |
    |
    v
    Last edited by Daviid; 10-23-2015 at 07:55 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

♥ Crowley ♥ (10-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m