1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Cool Any fishing enthusiasts?

With summer around the corner, I'm super excited to go fishing. Anyone got any suggestions for fishing carp? Between May and June, I see a bunch of them on shallow waters but have never successfully caught one.

Also, what is your biggest catch?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 1h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojijo4664 View Post
    With summer around the corner, I'm super excited to go fishing. Anyone got any suggestions for fishing carp? Between May and June, I see a bunch of them on shallow waters but have never successfully caught one.

Also, what is your biggest catch?
    I'm an avid fisherman but I mostly catch/go for panfish, bass, and northern pike; although ironically the biggest fish I've ever caught was a 67 pound black carp on the Mississippi River using sweet corn. If you're fishing for the "common Midwest carp" that I'm used to seeing/occasionally catching; the stinkier whatever you can come up with the better. Last summer I was doing some catch and release carp fishing off of a culvert and used week old (dead) minnows and was very successful

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Jojijo4664 (1 Week Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    To catch carp successfully between May and June in shallow waters, try using a variety of baits like corn, bread, or boilies, focus on natural presentation with a hair rig, target areas near overhanging trees or vegetation, and be patient while observing for signs of feeding carp.