8/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m

Smile Let's talk about Relationships!

My hubby and I are celebrating 11 years together. By far my longest relationship. My 2nd longest was 2.5 years! I truly found my soulmate (one of them). I love him so much! He has spoiled me our entire relationship, letting me focus on school and not working and he took care of everything when it came to bills. I can't wait to spoil him once I graduate with my Master's Degree and get my dream job! He deserves so much more than I can ever give him, but I will enjoy trying!

We have been through a lot together! The loss of our daughter, the loss of our doggy, the loss of his mom and my dad just 3 weeks apart from each other. Friends using us or stealing from us. Major car accident. And I believe things are starting to finally turn for the better for us. We finally bought a house, which we will get our keys on August 21! Yes, I will be counting down the days!

How long was your longest relationship?
    Do you believe in soulmates? Think you found yours?
    Gush about your significant other below! How amazing are they?

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Alister (08-09-2023),Buizel (01-12-2024),Clefairy (08-10-2023),Compulsiv (09-15-2023),Demetri (07-21-2023),Excalibur (08-09-2023),Goddammit (03-07-2024),hellraid (07-21-2023),Ice (08-10-2023),Kaguya (01-12-2024),Kisses (12-24-2023),Moon (09-15-2023),♥ Munna ♥ (20 Hours Ago),NeopetLandy (08-09-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Hey Rebel!
    It's so nice to read that, I'm really glad you are very happy with your partner!

I believe that when we go through rough moments, the ones that truly loves one are the ones that stay with us. Is very easy to just leave a relationship after some bad moments, but when you are commited, you stay and those moments makes the relation stronger!

I have been with my partner for almost 10 years now, we have been married for 2 this november and we are very very happy.
    This is of course my longest relation, my 2nd one was 3 years and her second one was just 7 months.
    We also had a major car accident, but luckily we were with no serious injuries, just some scratches, but our car, our very first car that we bougth togheter was totaled and it was very sad, we cried a lot that nigth because it was crazy scary and we were so happy that the other one was fine.
    I don't know how to describe love anymore, I feel so much love for her that sometimes I cry because I'm very happy with her.
    We support each other with every single desicion we want to take, we almost never figth and when we do, we try to solve the issue rigth away.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

hellraid (07-21-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023),Rebel_Minx (07-21-2023),Uma (07-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    @(you need an account to see links) Our wedding anniversary is in November as well! November 8 will be our 4 year anniversary!

Car accidents are scary, his mustang was totaled! He had but so much money into mods and such. He owned his own Mustang club in Tennessee, they showed at many car shows! It was a blow to lose his baby! I had only been in it twice before someone t-boned him!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

hellraid (07-21-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    releationships sucks, they always end in sorrow...

Sorry no I had to rant I little. I am very glad that there is happy relationships out there. I mean most of them are at one time or another. I am just being cynical. Sorry about that. Also sorry to hear about all the loses. My heart goes out to you and your family!

thank you Hollow for the amazing Gengar art piece

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023),♥ lint ♥ (10-07-2023),Rebel_Minx (07-21-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Minx View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Our wedding anniversary is in November as well! November 8 will be our 4 year anniversary!

Car accidents are scary, his mustang was totaled! He had but so much money into mods and such. He owned his own Mustang club in Tennessee, they showed at many car shows! It was a blow to lose his baby! I had only been in it twice before someone t-boned him!
    Ours is november 13th. November is such a good month where I live because there is no rain and is a little bit cold. Perfect month to party.
    Our car was a decent nissan, luckily the insurance gave us a little more than we paid for so economically we were fine.
    My wife's job lend us a car for free and that's the one that we are using rigth now.
    @(you need an account to see links) I get why you say that. Honestly, it was such a good luck to find an person like my wife, she is very smart, not jelous, she is funny and she prefers to be happy over stupid figths.
    My past relationship was veeery toxic, she didn't let me had any kind of friends and she always wanted me to be with her, she wanted me to be jelous because "if you're not jelous means that you don't love me"

Sincerely, I learnt so much in my past relationship. I learned what I wanted, how I wanted to be in a partnership and what I didn't like.
    I think we all need to be in bad relationships to know what we want and search for it.

Also, a partership takes two people. We also need to be a good person.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

hellraid (07-21-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023),Rebel_Minx (07-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links) that is so wholesome to hear, I think that it's amazing when two people like that find eachother and just make it work. I think it's very rare, but it is also very beautiful when it happens. This thread and the posts here so far makes me really happy even if I am cynical. I will keep looking at this thread. I am sure it will be very wholesome as long as there is no buttbananas like me coming here and ruin it xD

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023),Rebel_Minx (07-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    @(you need an account to see links) - your beliefs are welcome as well. Believing in love or being cynical about love are both extremely valid!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Minx View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) - your beliefs are welcome as well. Believing in love or being cynical about love are both extremely valid!
    I do believe in love, I think it is very accomplishable to achive. I mean looks like you both have achived that. I went through what I thought what last my whole life out but it didn't work out and it's quite fresh still I guess. That's why ^^

But what do you guys think is the key to a happy relationship/marriage? I mean it is different from person to person but still?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    @(you need an account to see links) - I was in an abusive relationship before my hubby as well! It started off psychologically abusive. Once it turned physical though, I left! He cheated on me as well. The wrong relationships never end well. But when you find the right one (or ones if anyone is polyamorous like me), everything is easier. Going through the rough times is easier. My hubby and I have disagreements, but we never have arguments. We were both in very bad abusive relationships previous to finding each other. We're just tired of aggressiveness. So, when we have our disagreements, we actually talk them out. We aren't afraid to admit when we are wrong because the other doesn't use it against them, or bring it up again in the future. We let each other be each other. We accept everything about each other. An, even tho we are flawed, we believe that we are perfect together!

- - - Updated - - -
    @(you need an account to see links) - realizing that no one is perfect, accept their imperfections, but also not to settle. Know your worth, and find someone who knows your worth. Vice versa, find someone who knows their worth, and let them know you know their worth. Your feelings are valid, and so are theirs, but if they conflict, you have to figure out how to work around it. Communication is key! Communication is huge, and being brutally honest with each other. I have shared my deepest darkest thoughts with my hubby and he openly listened. He knows the darkness in my head. And I know his. We accept the darkness. And we help each other find the light in our own special way needed for ourselves. We uplift each other. He sacrifices a lot for me right now, so I can get my master's degree. But he knows I don't take it for granted and can't wait to show him how much it means to me! And I can't wait to pay him back, even though he doesn't expect me to!

- - - Updated - - -

Most importantly, and I forgot to mention, you have to be brutally honest with yourself. It's ok to realize you aren't with your soulmate or person! Move on graciously. Don't settle or make it work because you will begin to resent your partner. Resentment is a relationship killer.

Like I said, when you find your person, you'll know because everything will just be easier, even the hard times, like when you lose someone like a daughter, or lose everything in a fire!
    Last edited by Rebel_Minx; 07-21-2023 at 04:02 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I am going to strive for this, thank you so very much for your advices!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023),Rebel_Minx (07-21-2023)